U2 Weekend on MTV!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are such at tease too!

MTV in the 80's would do that, but now they would never devote so much and time to an 'old' band. They are geared to fads and people with questionable musical taste and short attention spans. I don't think that's an insult to anyone here since mostly all of you would agree how bad it is! Oh well U2 did just fine with ATYCLB with very little help from them. VH1 gave them a lot of airtime, but now even VH1 is going downhill.

What? I read this and was like "what... U2 on MTV?" I wish! It would be cool though if they did have a full day of just U2 stuff from all the eras! I know they did that during the whole Achtung Baby release and the hype way back then!! MTV AND VH-1 suck right now.... and I don't think I'm telling anybody something they don't already know!

sparkys girl said:

i second that motion! ;)

*songs pops into head*

"I second that emotion....."

hehe, silly Lemonboy!

oh well, my initial thought was: How'm I ever gonna afford MORE blank video tapes?!?

GypsyHeartgirl said:
You are such at tease too!

MTV in the 80's would do that, but now they would never devote so much and time to an 'old' band. They are geared to fads and people with questionable musical taste and short attention spans. I don't think that's an insult to anyone here since mostly all of you would agree how bad it is! Oh well U2 did just fine with ATYCLB with very little help from them. VH1 gave them a lot of airtime, but now even VH1 is going downhill.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

MTV absolutely, positively sucks! I do enjoy VH1 on occasion though...At least most of the shows they have on there are music-related.

:scream: The last time there was a MTV special about U2 was last summer! :scream: No U2 weekend! But in this way I didn't miss anything since I only read the thread now. :mac:

silly lemonboy...don't you know that the m in mtv now stands for mundane...no music for you...

vh1 is pretty good, but i don't have cable...

Hey, what is this? You make it sound like they never play U2. At least MTV on my tv shows U2 once in a while. I mean of course we would like them to have U2 specials every day and anything else is to little but..... :D

It was not long ago they showed some Elevation special thing, a couple of month ago and it was shown several times and after that they have had Top ten at ten with U2 and random videos comes up often in Bytesize and So 90's.
They had a U2 weekend at least once last year.
And I don't even watch MTV and have "run into" all this by just zapping.

But of course it is always shown too little of U2 on TV, whatever channel. :(

Back
Top Bottom