U2 travelling by plane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vibe90

The Fly
Hi everyone,
I know that when the band is on tour, they are using a private jet to fly from town to town when they are in America or Europe.
But I was wondering how they travel from Europe to America? Are they 'just' flying Business class in regular planes?
And what about Edge when he goes to LA with his family? And Bono when he is doing his charity thing?
Do they also have to wait hours for their luggage like we do?

It would be a big surprise when one of the band members sits next to you for about 10 hours :drool: Just wondering...

Celebrities especially those of U2's status don't fly in economy or Business class. If not First class or elite they most likely fly private jets. If they fly privately they don't wait for baggage, that is all usually loaded into private vehicles on the private runways where they deplane and immediately get into their private cars. I doubt they wait for baggage, someone probably does that for them if they fly commercial first class. If you are making millions of dollars it's really nothing to own your own jet or to hire private jets.

My uncle flies for Dreamworks and oh the stories, people he has met, stars who were assholes you'd never expect that from and stars who were so nice you'd never expect that from....some of their demands are hilarious. My uncle flies all over the globe and stays in some of the ritziest accomodations too. Too bad he can't write a book!!

Somewhere, I remember reading a while ago what Ali said about flying......that if Bono didn't fly in first class he would never get a moments peace or something along those lines.

He used to fly the Concorde all the time until they went out of business.

Back
Top Bottom