U2 To quit touring???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galeongirl

Galeonbroad
I just got this in my maill.. I know it's probably exaggarated, but still.... what if.... ?
U2 TO QUIT TOURING?

Irish rock sensation U2 are reportedly planning to quit touring for good.

The CITY OF BLINDING LIGHTS megastars are nearing the end of their gruelling global VERTIGO tour, and they are convinced they have reached the pinnacle of their powers.

Guitarist THE EDGE says, "I'm ok to say bye-bye because I don't think we could top it.

"Bono has taken it to another level. I don't agree with everything, but I love that it's like a new paradigm, a different equation altogether."

Source:
http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/u2 to quit touring

SimplyConfused said:
That... that... that's gotta be a pile of crap, right? I mean live is where they live! They'll NEVER quit touring.

I mean if they did now... I'd NEVER SEE THEM LIVE!!! :sad: :scream:

Agreed on that last one :ohmy:
ok, if they ever decide on doing that, will you join me to write a note to them to BEG if they FGS would play just one show, because these two sad addicted fangirls have never seen their heroes live... never ever! :sad:
I bet Bono would say yes... well, at least I HOPE to!!!!!!!!!

Galeongirl said:

Agreed on that last one :ohmy:
ok, if they ever decide on doing that, will you join me to write a note to them to BEG if they FGS would play just one show, because these two sad addicted fangirls have never seen their heroes live... never ever! :sad:
I bet Bono would say yes... well, at least I HOPE to!!!!!!!!!

Yes. We should get all of PLEBA to do it if it ever does happen.

sami0201 said:
Look on the front page of Interference- it was posted in Rolling Stone too- that's NOT a tabloid!
HOLY FUCK NO :cry:
I don't want that to happen! not now! it's too soon! ... I don't know what I'd do when they're gone.. I mean.. last year has been fantastic for me... and it might sound pathetic, but my life sorta twisted in a positive way,.. and the base of that is my U2 fandom... :sad:

the RS article
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/st...251621390&has-player=true&version=6.0.12.1212

Last edited:
Chances are that they are just speaking of the Vertigo tour right now. Sure they are pretty worn out from all of the shows they have done. Now if this was being repeated after the tour is over than I would wonder.

BonosBaby12 said:
Chances are that they are just speaking of the Vertigo tour right now. Sure they are pretty worn out from all of the shows they have done. Now if this was being repeated after the tour is over than I would wonder.

See, if he just said "we're happy to say goodbye" I wouldn't think anything of it, but he added "because we can never top this." :hmm:

Nah, I'm sure they'll tour again :yes:

I took it as they are saying "bye bye" to the Vertigo tour:yes: not touring all together.....

I hope they are just talking about Vertigo because if they stop now, i won't be able to ever see them live either:sad:

in the context of the story they were just talking about vertigo, i believe.

however, i am sure they will still have to sit down and decide what to do next. there are many things that factor into a huge tour like this, and if they are poised to do one again in 2-3 years, who knows if they will want to. they will be 3 years older then - i sort of doubt we'll ever see another year-long tour from them.

I don't think Bono could live without it even... or he'd have a serious hyperactivity problem at home!!!
btw.. my pc is spacing a bit... PLEBA is displayed about twice as big as normal.. and same with google.,... what the :huh:

I can understand that they wouldn't want to do such a long tour again. But surely live is where U2 live? They would want to tour a new album a little?

Ah, it's all a bunch of BS. I mean, how could they quit performing when that's where their songs are best and when they love doing it so much. And, there's no way that Bono could live without all of the limelight, even if he was still doing all of the save the world stuff, his major publicity comes from U2. He's said himself on several occasions that he's addicted to being on stage.

I wouldn't read anything into this. The media lives off making this kind of sensation stories... :shrug:

Contact Music have been so full of shite in the past that I won't belive a single word they write... :tsk:

kellyahern said:
chill people

:up:

Well, they'll have to quit sometime but I can't see that it'll be yet. Maybe we'll get one more tour or so. Or maybe they'll play shorter tours. I can't see them giving up yet. Look at the Stones, they're still at it. We might be lucky and have them do less gruelling tours. As for their music, well, I can see that going on for some time yet...

Galeongirl said:
I just got this in my maill.. I know it's probably exaggarated, but still.... what if.... ?
U2 TO QUIT TOURING?

Irish rock sensation U2 are reportedly planning to quit touring for good.

The CITY OF BLINDING LIGHTS megastars are nearing the end of their gruelling global VERTIGO tour, and they are convinced they have reached the pinnacle of their powers.

Guitarist THE EDGE says, "I'm ok to say bye-bye because I don't think we could top it.

"Bono has taken it to another level. I don't agree with everything, but I love that it's like a new paradigm, a different equation altogether."

Source:
http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/u2 to quit touring

As much as it kills me inside, I also heard that this is their last tour. And there goes any chance for me to see them live....right down tha drain......

I guess though it's quite a spread rumour...... hope they will change their mind (if it's true).....

A friend of mine was giving me a pep talk saying: Quit touring? Come on, look at Rolling Stones....... They are ancient and they still give concerts.....

I really hope they don't stop touring, but...........

onebloodonelife said:
Ah, it's all a bunch of BS. I mean, how could they quit performing when that's where their songs are best and when they love doing it so much. And, there's no way that Bono could live without all of the limelight, even if he was still doing all of the save the world stuff, his major publicity comes from U2. He's said himself on several occasions that he's addicted to being on stage.

Yeah, and as Galeongirl said, he'd go INSANE with being cooped up and everything.

Back
Top Bottom