U2 to lunch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
You have a fantasy dinner thrown in your honour. all of u2 are invited and there is space for 3 other ppl of your choice (your included at the table)
Which 3 other ppl would you choose? Can be from any walk of life...but THREE only....and must be alive.
Anyone who posts more than three, well...al just take the first 3 names you mention and disregard the others:mad:

Sam Shepard - American Playwright
Susan Sarandon
and Jimmy Carter or Barack Obama (I can't decide - I'm sure you could invite both and one of them would have a previous engagement!)

Senator soon to be President Barack Obama ( I love the sound of that)
Vice President Al Gore
Aung San Suu Kyi Walk On's inspiration, thinking of her and her country even more now since the cyclone hit :( more devastation to an already devasted country. So sad. :(

:hmm:

You had to include the "still alive" clause, didn't you? Alright...

Dr Alexei Filippenko (Astronomer and professor at UC-Berkeley)
My sister Serena (cause she'd murder me if I didn't)
Morleigh Steinberg

i'd have to go with three other guys i would die to meet:
Eddie Vedder
Mike McCready
Stewart Copeland

those are the first three names that pop into mind

The first three that came to mind are good friends of mine who are also U2 fans. I guess I didn't understand the question. Seriously though, my friend would KILL me if I didn't pick her! I dunno that I'd want U2 AND three other people I idolize, methinks it would be rather awkward. So I'm gonna stick with my friends.

OK OK OK.....am gonna have to move the goalposts on y'all and stipulate it MUST BE famous ppl. I asked coz i am intrested in seeing which other intresting celebs names pop up....not yer pals/family/pets etc etc :huh:

Liesje said:
The first three that came to mind are good friends of mine who are also U2 fans. I guess I didn't understand the question.

^ I did the same, i thought of my friends. :) :hug:

If i had to pick famous people i'd go for as someone else already suggested Adam, Edge and Larry. Why not have all of U2. :drool:

bonoishot said:

If i had to pick famous people i'd go for as someone else already suggested Adam, Edge and Larry. Why not have all of U2. :drool:

All of U2 are already there aren't they? :huh:

gman said:
OK OK OK.....am gonna have to move the goalposts on y'all and stipulate it MUST BE famous ppl. I asked coz i am intrested in seeing which other intresting celebs names pop up....not yer pals/family/pets etc etc :huh:

:lol:

Thanks for clearing that up for us! :wink: Well, in that case for me it would have to be Richard Armitage, Orlando Bloom and Sean Bean. The three best British actors!! :drool:

Stephen Fry (what I wouldn't give to even try to keep up with a conversation with that man.)

Owen Wilson (lovely soft speaking voice and pretty to boot.)

Richard E. Grant (under the stipulation that he yell out things like "we've gone on holiday by mistake" and "fork it!" and random intervals throughout the evening.)

Brian Krause

Ali Hewson

my bassteacher :wink: I know you said no family or friends, but I can't think of anyone famous elseway.. .

bonoishot said:

:huh::giggle: Oops i read the question wrong :slant: i only just woke up. :reject:

In that case i'll stick with just the 4 band members, who needs anyone else. :lol:

:wink:

I read it wrong too.. and I didn't have the excuse of just waking up :lol:
so my picks would be Tom Brokaw because he's lead an interesting life.
Adam Sandler and/or Ben Stiller because they are so funny.
and I think Bill Clinton, because he's been around alot of shit.
and if Ben and Adam couldn't make it I would want Wanda Sikes.
She f'ing cracks me up.

BonoFox1 said:
Gordon Ramsey :love:

Ohhh. Good choice, although he would prob sit there a say the food is to "dry" as usual.

My other 2 guest would be, David Bowie and Dylan Moran.

That would accommodate all my obbsesions rolled into one.

:yes: Besides all members of U2..(.ha-ha I Did read it right!:tongue: )I would invite; The President, Michael Kennedy and Aung!! Very interested in what ALL have to say! And by the by, it's Burma!!!!!! I refuse to call it anything else and she Is coming on out! They'll see!! Sorry, I got off subject there for a moment!:wink:
Ps; Tho I love him, there is No way I would invite Gordan Ramsey! LOL!!

Back
Top Bottom