U2 Sur Mer {The Electrical Storm Documentary}

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I know it's a small thing to include but I really like U2 Sur Mer that is the Electrical Storm Documentary on The Best Of 1990-2000 U2 DVD. Bono talks on that with a heavy Irish accent and I really like it! It also talks about the meaning of Electrical Storm. It isn't one of my favorite U2 music videos but for some reason I really like the documentary! :happy:

I just got done watching my DVD and I didn't see that, where is it?

U2Kitten said:
I just got done watching my DVD and I didn't see that, where is it?

It's under special features...mini-documentaries. I think it's the second one after "The Story of One"(also well worth watching!). Larry is absolutely adorable!

Then I'm in trouble. My remote is lost and I can't get to them. But thanks, maybe someday.

"What you're seeing over my right shoulder is Larry in the baff." :lol:

Try playing it on your computer, U2Kitten. :shrug:

I like the documentary, too! I love when he's sitting on the train with Eve. :cute:

oh and they talk in french at a moment... well not the band :rolleyes: but someone from the crew... at the beginning, when they are on the beach, larry and Anton... "allez on ram?ne les cam?ras s'il vous plait" - - - - - - -- - - - -> "okay, now let's bring back the cameras please"

Keocmb said:
"What you're seeing over my right shoulder is Larry in the baff." :lol:

:yes: :laugh:

... and "Ohh, there goes the rubber duck!" :lol:

I just love it, when Bono said that with"Larry in the bath." that was my favorite part of the documentary! We love you man!!

And : "oeps,there goes the rubber duck" in his heavy Jagger accent:drool:
Very funny too,he really seems to be enyoing himself but then again it WAS his 20th anniversary that very same day!:applaud:

Nice to see we feel the same on the subject :wink:

Last edited:
greety said:
Sorry I posted that Merc. It appears i hadn't seen the whole thread :shrug:

Oh, no problem - it's so funny, it doesn't matter it's posted twice :wink:

bonoevees-vi.jpg

bonoesevetrain-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Cute Irish Bono said:
I know it's a small thing to include but I really like U2 Sur Mer that is the Electrical Storm Documentary on The Best Of 1990-2000 U2 DVD. Bono talks on that with a heavy Irish accent and I really like it! It also talks about the meaning of Electrical Storm. It isn't one of my favorite U2 music videos but for some reason I really like the documentary! :happy:

Yes...I wondered about that "heavy Irish accent." I wondered if that was affected or genuine? Does anyone know? Does Bono switch it off and on like a light switch, or was he just goofing?

Re: Re: U2 Sur Mer {The Electrical Storm Documentary}

Soul Always said:

Yes...I wondered about that "heavy Irish accent." I wondered if that was affected or genuine? Does anyone know? Does Bono switch it off and on like a light switch, or was he just goofing?

It was my impression that he was actually mimicking a heavy british/scottish accent as a joke.

Re: Re: Re: U2 Sur Mer {The Electrical Storm Documentary}

ramblin rose said:

It was my impression that he was actually mimicking a heavy british/scottish accent as a joke.

Yes, I was just wondering because it sounded so un-Bono.

I think when he not in America it stands out more beacause itr was recorded in Southern France.

Bono:"He is just a bloody deve, I said I'll work for him, and he is just off!" Ha! We love you, Bono! Don't change that beautiful accent! :) :wink:

Re: Re: Re: U2 Sur Mer {The Electrical Storm Documentary}

ramblin rose said:

:yes:

I think he's actually mimicking someone in the crew...I'll have to go back and watch it again but there is someone else with a very heavy British accent you can hear in the background.

Re: Re: Re: Re: U2 Sur Mer {The Electrical Storm Documentary}

Bono's American Wife said:

I think he's actually mimicking someone in the crew...I'll have to go back and watch it again but there is someone else with a very heavy British accent you can hear in the background.

Interessant. Frankly, I hope so, because I really don't like that accent. I like the usual one he has...the lighter one.

biff said:
He's just joking around. He's a gifted mimic, and can nail a lot of accents really well.

Yeah? First, how do you know? Of course, I agree, because I've heard that, and see that, but I was just wondering where you were getting YOUR info. Anyway, yeah...and that's one of the ways we "click". He makes me laugh. It is an interesting documentary.

biff said:
Sigh. Nice non-confrontational tone there, really. Well done.:wave:

That's just the way I talk. My father-in-law says, "You are very forceful. You don't waste words." He wasn't saying that negatively. He noticed it. It must be true. I was just asking how you knew, if you've somehow how personal experience with him, or something. That's all.:huh:

Re: Re: Re: Re: U2 Sur Mer {The Electrical Storm Documentary}

Bono's American Wife said:

I think he is mimicking Anton.....isn?t he?

Back
Top Bottom