U2 SNL re-run

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swingn2thaMusic

The Fly
NOt sure if it's on your local listings, but here on the east coast they're showing the SNL with U2 again on E at 11 tonight. just thought i'd let you know :D

Last edited:
The day that show aired, we got the confirmation of the Brooklyn Show (though it was for a differerent location at the time) and I ended up buying a plane ticket just on a whim...

An awesome kickstart to the Vertigo Tour :drool:

I just watched this for the first time..I LOVED it that all the cast mates were like giddy school kids at the end...just like I am at a concert..adorable

Miroslava said:
Was it just me, or did they cut Sometimes?

:yes: E! does that....and so did Comedy Central when SNL was on network.....they usually cut some things off cause SNL is usually an hour and a half and E! only has an hour worth of programming to fill....so that's why Sometimes got cut.

I know it's confusing coming from my mouth....but it's the truth.

I also feel that they cut off ABOY which was rolling as the credits ended...Bono after I will follow goes "one more" and they break into ABOY..and then it just stopped!!! How rude...anyone know if this broadcast on TV first time around?

Wow, that was great, at least the 2 songs that we got anyways! Hahaha, a little caress on the neck from Bono and Edge plays the wrong guitar chord! :giggle: and you see Bono smile. :evil:

Does anyone know if an upload exists of Sometimes from the original airing? I would loved to have seen that.

Achtung_Bebe said:
Well, I thought it would be re-run here, but my local area ran an episode with Crash Test Dummies :lol:

Oh well, some day I'll catch U2's performance.

They are replaying it again in Feb. I saw the date somewhere around here... I'll try to find it and come back and post it. :)

ljclary said:
I also feel that they cut off ABOY which was rolling as the credits ended...Bono after I will follow goes "one more" and they break into ABOY..and then it just stopped!!! How rude...anyone know if this broadcast on TV first time around?

That never made the broadcast when it happened live. Actually, I felt that they left more of it at the end in this edit than when it originally aired.

And thanks Weldy... wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. I did check after I posted and saw it was an hour so I figured it had gotten edited, but nice to get confirmation.

bonocomet said:

They are replaying it again in Feb. I saw the date somewhere around here... I'll try to find it and come back and post it. :)

thx bonocomet :)

yeah Bono's Doll posted it will rerun Feb 8th in the "remember the SNL performance" thread. I only see a weekly program guide posted on eonline.com though.

Achtung_Bebe said:

thx bonocomet :)

yeah Bono's Doll posted it will rerun Feb 8th in the "remember the SNL performance" thread. I only see a weekly program guide posted on eonline.com though.

Ahhh thanks! I couldn't find it anywhere!! I sometimes get lost in the thread jungles! :ohmy:

I do have one of the songs (I Will Follow) in a MPEG file if you'd like I can upload it to you send it. Just let me know! It was great! :)

Last edited:
Achtung_Bebe said:
thanks bonocomet, you're so kind--"I Will Follow" has the lap dance right? Yes I would love to see this :dance:

Oh yes, it has the lapdance :ohmy: It's great, believe me :)

Don't forget to check out the Edge n Bono moment I mentioned above too :giggle:

I'll start the upload, but I have slow dial up so it will be a bit. I'll post it as soon as it's ready!

Here it is: I Will Follow from SNL. I'd still watch when it re-airs in Feb. This file is not the best, it was so much better on TV. And Vertigo was amazing. I still wish I'd seen Sometimes tho. :(

http://s4.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=0MNTJZBJC7X0C3EA6HOTUZ18D6

Make sure to remove the space between "you" and "sendit". The link is good for 7 days.
Enjoy!

bonocomet said:
Here it is: I Will Follow from SNL. I'd still watch when it re-airs in Feb. This file is not the best, it was so much better on TV. And Vertigo was amazing. I still wish I'd seen Sometimes tho. :(

http://s4.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=0MNTJZBJC7X0C3EA6HOTUZ18D6

Make sure to remove the space between "you" and "sendit". The link is good for 7 days.
Enjoy!
I can upload Sometimes for you :)

For Bonocomet and anyone else.. SYCMIOYO on SNL:

http://s53.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=3H8MF7INJFOZT1EINK5AKEIH39

Enjoy ;)

Edit: It should be working.. let's try this again :eyebrow:

Last edited:
bonocomet said:

Uh oh! That link is expired! Is that the right one? :ohmy:
That was weird. The placement of the spaces seemed to change the link :eyebrow: It should be working now..

bonocomet said:
Here it is: I Will Follow from SNL.

:applaud:

thank you so much, that was incredible!! wow to see U2 performing "I Will Follow" on the SNL set is so surreal. It shows how far they've come in their career, the scale of their greatness really hits you. Ahhh I love U2 so much :hyper: And the lapdance bit, I think that I would have passed out if I were her :faint:

thx kafrun for posting Sometimes, I'll go watch that now! :)

Yay! I'm happy to share the bono-love! And thank you kafrun! I'll be downloading for awhile here with my slow dial-up, but I can't wait! Thanks soooo much! :heart:

Achtung_Bebe - Glad you enjoyed it. It's a very moving performance isn't it? It seems like Bono is barely keeping it together throughout. :sad:

bonocomet - you're so welcome :) :dance:

OMG.

kafrun THANK YOU! That was one of the most beautiful performances I've ever seen. Unbelievable!

I now officially, love you forever. :heart: :)

Back
Top Bottom