U2-related things that betray our obession

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elsie

Acrobat
This thread is for talking about things that you've made or painted or bought that look like something relating to U2 or your favourite band member. Some people might not notice, some people see it, crack up, and call you a nut... and some things you show off cause you're darn proud of your fandom.

Post about all those things here, I guess... we won't laugh at you unless you laugh at yourself first. Posts I start usually end up arseways cause I'm an idiot in general, but hey, that's not stopping me from trying. I'll kick it off with a picture of some earrings I made. No, seriously.

I had some extra beads that didn't match anything, and I got bored, so I decided to make.... HTDAAB-themed earrings. Behold the sillyness. Feel free to say "those are ugly AND stupid!" because that's the general idea..

roflcopter.jpg

And this post has a lemon emoticon because it was THERE and it's a LEMON for crying out loud... why wouldn't anyone use it?

They are pretty cool! I haven't really made anything like that, but I did buy some red and black striped legwarmers because they reminded me of the HTDAAB artwork! Funnily enough, I've never worn them :hmm:

I've bought a black cap at the local grocery store once cause it was $2.00 and it reminded me of Edge.

have I mentioned that I look hideous in it? :|

I've also bought some Fly shades before at Walgreens.... yes. It was $1. I'm a cheap idiot like that :)

Those earrings are not ugly and stupid! I kinda like them!

I bought a big inflatable lemon on eBay cuz I like the Pop era. The thing is so big it takes up so much room and I wonder what in the HELL was I thinking? :scratch:

I also bought an ugly black and red plaid backpack purse before the Tour cuz it's the tour colors and I call it my Vertigo purse! :eyebrow:

I drew Bono and wrote 'Bono' on a lemon and gave it to my brother because he likes the song 'Lemon' :huh: I thought it was really funny at the time. And I've asked my nan to knit me a plushie Bono :reject: I'm not obsessive I swear!

-Nikki

:lol: a plushie Bono! That's a great idea. Did/would you sleep with it?

Carek1230 said:
Those earrings are not ugly and stupid! I kinda like them!

I bought a big inflatable lemon on eBay cuz I like the Pop era. The thing is so big it takes up so much room and I wonder what in the HELL was I thinking? :scratch:

I also bought an ugly black and red plaid backpack purse before the Tour cuz it's the tour colors and I call it my Vertigo purse! :eyebrow:

as I was reading this I read "I bought a big inflatable BONO on eBay...."

omg...what is wrong with me
1.gif

:shifty: ok...what I was really thinking was "hot damn! Where do I get one?!:hyper:

:lmao:

two words: adam pants

oh oh and the male action hero role models

and my floor
though I'm not sure most of you were around when I did any of those... I have pictures on request.
I think those are a little more obvious than most of the stuff you're talking about...

I have a pair of dangly earrings with flies on them

Eeee! I would love pictures of your Adam pants if possible. And your earrings :)

Elsie said:
Eeee! I would love pictures of your Adam pants if possible. And your earrings :)

you got it
I took like 4 pictures of the earrings... they're so tiny, I couldn't get a picture that wasn't blurry :(
here's the best of them

flyearrings.jpg

aaaand the pants, as seen in a super-grainy picture of me on the beach in florida. With my larrry shirt on.

pantsbeach.jpg

I guess while I'm at it there's the U2 sock puppets... made by me and hippy
U2-7.jpg

a horrible mosaic of the floor in my bedroom at home... the pictures on the sides of the white parts should be touching. I couldn't take a picture of all of it at once.
About 4 years ago my mom told me to rip up the carpet (yellow shag :yuck: ) in my bedroom and paint the plywood underneath to seal it because she wanted to put down wood tiles. Since I could paint it however I wanted... I kind of ran with it. There's still no wood tiles in there.
flooor.jpg

and the male action hero role models were from a spring break of boredom... me and laura (stories for boys) and ellen (ultraviolet light) got together and bought some dollar store action figures. We sewed them U2 clothes and made a few videos with them (like a parody of the numb video)... here's an example:
gredge.gif

that's it for now... I'm sure there's more, I was very bored as an undergraduate for a few years.

Last edited:
Wow nice job girls! :up: (love your earrings colours Elsie!)

Eh eh well I do have a few stuff myself; I'll take pics and post them, too. :)

I made a Bono is God shirt...and I wore it too a concert:reject: it was alittle embarressing...

I refuse to throw out my old U2 calenders

<---nerd

great Adam Pants!!!!! Did you make them?
(I looked everywhere, but couldnt find them...:( )

oh and i got long black+red vertigo socks...

Last edited:
You all are so creative! The best I've done is have U2 pictures as the wallpaper on my computer at work. While that may not sound so odd, it probably is when you consider that I'm a middle-aged "old biddie." But I know what I like! :lol:

Does this count?

I got my left ear pierced for the third time when I noticed Bono's piercing....he was wearing a round, black stud earring. I was a sucker for guys with earrings back then. :cute:

And for the life of me I can't find pictures of Bono with that earring. I got that piercing in '85 or '86.....that would be after "The Unforgettable Fire" and before "The Joshua Tree", right or am I losing it??? (I've got to work on this growing old thing.)

Can anyone help with a pic of Bono and that earring? Thanks!

Dismantled said:
I made a Bono is God shirt...and I wore it too a concert:reject: it was alittle embarressing...

Wow ... I´m amazed no one raped you. That´s a little radical, in my opinion, but now-a-days it´s pretty normal. If it was back in the Middle ages, they would have thrown you on a stake and put you on fire. HeHeHe.

I ain´t too radical with U2. I´m a pretty "normal" fan. I have bought all their records since 1982, got alot of bootlegs of their music (probably 75% of what´s out there), a book or two , the latest book was kind of expensive tho... 80.00 Euros for the Anton Corbjin book with U2 pictures. (80 euros is ALOT of beer money for me! :sad:)

I also have a framed U2 poster/picture of the Joshua Tree with the band in the desert (by Anton) in my art room. One of these days I´ll probably do a painting of them on canvas. I don´t know, I rather paint artistic nude women more :wink: But I´m still looking for the right picture to do a painting on.

So I guess I´m a pretty "normal" U2 fan. Unless you count the numerous wallpapers/mini-posters I´ve been making for everyone here lately. BUT that is because you ALL deserve something special for being very cool people :up:

When I was a teenager, a friend called my shoes my "Bono boots."
Recently, I cut my hair shorter to match his, and on the recent tour, I wore hat, glasses, vest, jacket, my best Bono drag, with a slight 80s flavor, but red & black to match the current album.
I got a few looks, and at least one person thought I was the singer to a U2 cover band.
Anu

HEYTHATSMYHAND.jpg

Sure this doesn't LOOK something that is U2 related that I "have", but if you see the fingernails Bono's looking at (holding the little picture out), those would be mine.:lol: It's the best picture I've got of them, I obsessively paint and repaint my nails black and red. No one understands why, of course, except me.

Other than that I don't think I have anything/wear anything (other than a tour shirt every now and then) that would give me away to the outside world.:shh:

Kristie said:

and the male action hero role models were from a spring break of boredom... me and laura (stories for boys) and ellen (ultraviolet light) got together and bought some dollar store action figures. We sewed them U2 clothes and made a few videos with them (like a parody of the numb video)... here's an example:
gredge.gif

that's it for now... I'm sure there's more, I was very bored as an undergraduate for a few years.

:lmao:

that's the winner for me :D hehehehehehehe.....

I've made some U2 related stuff during my days at college... I studied graphic design so I did paintings, portraits, cd boxes... but I don't have them scanned yet :(...

Last edited:
I bought a pair of pale blue shades last summer that I thought of as my "Bono" shades. And I was driving my daughter home from having Lasik surgery and she had a pair of "Fly" shades on -- just totally cracked us up. We were laughing like idiots (not hard), and the fact she was on high-duty valium really helped matters. :lol:

swandiver said:
I bought a pair of pale blue shades last summer that I thought of as my "Bono" shades. And I was driving my daughter home from having Lasik surgery and she had a pair of "Fly" shades on -- just totally cracked us up. We were laughing like idiots (not hard), and the fact she was on high-duty valium really helped matters. :lol:

Too funny!

I have my shoes that look like Bono's with big inch and a half soles on them. My 3 kids call them Mom's Bono shoes and when I first bought them, the littlest guy used to tell people "My mom has her Bono shoes on today!" If they liked U2 they'd say cool and if they didn't well, they'd look at me like I was nutz.

Back
Top Bottom