U2-related things that betray our obession

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well let's see... I bought some lightblue wrap around shades which I now realize was extremely stupid comsidering that I wear glasses and dislike contacts with a passion, I have a straw cowboy hat similar to the ones sported by Bono & he Edge, when I got new glasses I tried to find white ones like Adam wore around the Pop era.

And then one night I went totally nuts with some sharpies and glitter paint while watching U2: Best of 1990 - 2000...
pantsmodelfront.jpg
pantsmodelback.jpg
pantsfrontcloseup.jpg

I also have Bono's height problem, does that could for anything?
:wink:

Kristie said:

a horrible mosaic of the floor in my bedroom at home... the pictures on the sides of the white parts should be touching. I couldn't take a picture of all of it at once.
About 4 years ago my mom told me to rip up the carpet (yellow shag :yuck: ) in my bedroom and paint the plywood underneath to seal it because she wanted to put down wood tiles. Since I could paint it however I wanted... I kind of ran with it. There's still no wood tiles in there.
flooor.jpg

That floor is pretty steeped.

I have a stuffed hedgehog named The Hedge. He sports a red 7 shirt a la Elevation and actually got to see the concert from the outside tip of the heart with my friend (I was in seats behind the soundboard after waiting for the ticket drop all day). My friend swears that Bono gave that hedgehog quite a few WTF looks. :wink: I have some other bizarre stuff, like a plastic cup that Bono drank out of, but I didnt' buy that. :drool:

MtTemple4 said:
I have a stuffed hedgehog named The Hedge. He sports a red 7 shirt a la Elevation and actually got to see the concert from the outside tip of the heart with my friend (I was in seats behind the soundboard after waiting for the ticket drop all day). My friend swears that Bono gave that hedgehog quite a few WTF looks. :wink: I have some other bizarre stuff, like a plastic cup that Bono drank out of, but I didnt' buy that. :drool:

:giggle:

"The Hedge"

That's great :up:

Now all we need is a stuffed animal Larry and you, me, and smk1379 can start our own band :wink:

geegeelovesadam said:
Well let's see... I bought some lightblue wrap around shades which I now realize was extremely stupid comsidering that I wear glasses and dislike contacts with a passion, I have a straw cowboy hat similar to the ones sported by Bono & he Edge, when I got new glasses I tried to find white ones like Adam wore around the Pop era.

And then one night I went totally nuts with some sharpies and glitter paint while watching U2: Best of 1990 - 2000...
pantsmodelfront.jpg
pantsmodelback.jpg
pantsfrontcloseup.jpg

I also have Bono's height problem, does that could for anything?
:wink:

Same here...to me, Bono is tall, considering I'm 5'1". :wink: Awesome pants!! :up: this thread rocks a lot. I'm digging all the creativity. Like others here I do wear "Bono" shoes...and I've had a pair or two of Bono shades, but they all broke real fast. I need to get a red pair like the ones he wears now, but I'm not gonna buy the actual brand he wears, cuz...they're expensive, and I wear glasses anyway, so I wouldn't wear them all the time. But I still want them. My hair is about the same length as Bono's and maybe slightly lighter than his is now. One day I dressed like Bono for the hell of it... put on my thick-sole shoes, black denim pants, a belt, a shiny button-up red shirt with the first button undone, rosary (that actually has a skull at the end of it...it's my pirate rosary), and a black jacket with some random zipper pockets and Bono sleeves. The only thing I was missing was the shades.

I too have cut up my U2 calender from last year and taped the pictures up all over my room. My little sister (6) said, "Sister, you're embarassing me, quit putting up pictures of BONO, I'm gonna tell dad on you."

I'm in art at my school and I do U2 as much as possible. Seriously, last year I either had U2, an iPod, or both in practically every picture I did. Which, speaking of which, my U2 iPod betrays my obession pretty well. And the fact that I get black and red stuff just to match it.

You guys are all so creative - this is awesome! :) I too save all my old calendars, and have the pictures covering the walls of my room, along with my concert posters.

Today I paid off my Visa, just so I can purchase the U2 iPod on Monday, providing the site I want them from will still have them in stock. As of right now there are 14 left, so I'm praying hard that I'll be able to get it. If that doesn't say obsession, I don't know what does! :)

Smilla said:
great Adam Pants!!!!! Did you make them?
(I looked everywhere, but couldnt find them...:( )

oh and i got long black+red vertigo socks...

gucci
2001 (I think) men's line
when I bought them they were last season's pants so they were like $100 instead of $1000
they're the real thing... well, aside from adam having not actually worn them
same kind of pants, though

I found some minuture shopping carts!! they are ment to put fruit or something in them they are the exact replicas of real carts, (supermarket trollyes) I bought some and made the POP logo and attached them on the side of the carts and I got some plastic lemons and covered them in glitter and displayed them in the carts,, that is my latest project!..Ill have to get my scanner going and takes pics of the carts for you all to see...

Im also making U2-boxes for my U2 friends/fans

I also paint t-shirts and Im making a special Love and Peace shirt..

I can draw and have quite and imagination so projects just pop in my head....U2 projects are specially nice!:wink:

Last edited:
i have orange pants a la popmart adam, a JT bono waistcoat and some bono-esque shades too. (never worn them outside:shifty: )
ive also bought guitar stuff cos edge/adam uses it. :|

smk1379 said:

His full name is Adam Bono Larry Edge (ABLE)

I also have a giraffee named Ali-Ann Susie Morleigh. When I made it everyone thought I was crazy!!

My sister and I went to disney's Animal Kingdom park today and on the safari ride, we saw some giraffes. Which caused me to mention the old Adam giraffe quote from a zootv interview:

"Question: If you were an animal, which animal would you be?

:adam: - A giraffe, 'cause then I'd get to meet other giraffes."

:lol:

kellyahern said:

:giggle:

"The Hedge"

That's great :up:

Now all we need is a stuffed animal Larry and you, me, and smk1379 can start our own band :wink:

:laugh:

There was an old Edge interview (can't remember where--argh) where he related an incident where Brian May of Queen congratulated him on a performance. Apparently May said, "That was really great, The Hedge." When I saw this little stuffed hedgehog at Marks and Spencer on Grafton Street in Dublin, I knew he would be mine. :edge: :heart:

kellyahern said:

My sister and I went to disney's Animal Kingdom park today and on the safari ride, we saw some giraffes. Which caused me to mention the old Adam giraffe quote from a zootv interview:

"Question: If you were an animal, which animal would you be?

:adam: - A giraffe, 'cause then I'd get to meet other giraffes."

:lol:

I didn't know about that quote until after I made it. If I had known about it then the giraffe would have maybe been a boy names Adam!

I bought the new iPod not only because I always wanted an iPod and because it's thin and sexy and black and plays videos.

But I also bought it because a certain someone's face looked like this in the ads and looks like this on the box:

993.jpg

Not to mention that the TV commercial/video for it on the Apple website was shot during my very first U2 shows in Chicago. So, you see, I had to buy this iPod. :wink:

Last edited:
I thought I was so not going to post in this thread. I'm soooo normal with my fandom that none of this stuff applies to me. Then a lovely person in my life pointed out the fact that I have a very nice tattoo thanks to U2! :lol:

tatwork005.jpg

One of my fav Edge guitars with wings that are off an Edge t-shirt. I'm not allowed to look at Edge t-shirts anymore, cuz everytime I do I want another tattoo. :lol: I have a huge obession with crosses and already have 2 tattooed on me so Edges t-shirt with crosses I'm sure will at some point become another tattoo. The guitar will have friends as well, hopefully soon. I'm going to add Bonos Irish Falcon as well as some guitars played by Mike McCready the guitarist for Pearl Jam. There will be music notes and little symbols for different bands all intertwined creating a full sleeve tattoo on my left arm. All thanks to Edge! :wink: Yep its all his fault. :lol:

My husband just came in and said that I can't forget my "Bono shades" as he calls them. And the "way to expensive" ipod. :wink:

This thread is great...Btw I'm about to go to a party where I'm basically Edge for Halloween ;D

vertishoelaces.jpg

Converses Edge wears and customized black and red laces ;D

IMG023.jpg

*points to red and black bracelets and points to box*

untitled.bmp

Red and Black striped beanie ;D

I'm sure there is more

Back
Top Bottom