U2 Quiz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I recently watched the Streets Pop-up Video which had a Quiz on it, and there was one surprise question (I cant remember the others) and so I looked up online some U2 quiz stuff. There wasn't much I didn't know but the ones that stumped me are as follows:

1) "Which band member as a child put his head through a window in order to get attention?"
Bono
Larry
Edge
Adam

(the rest are curteousy http://www.mindspring.com/~twhite21/trivia/U2trivarchive.html)

2) Which member of U2 had a girlfriend leave him for a milkman?
Bono
Larry
Edge
Adam

3) Which member of U2 at one time threw a drum kit at Larry?
Bono
Adam
Edge

4) Which member of U2 has a dog named Angel?
Bono
Adam
Larry
Edge

5) What was one of the main reasons U2 recorded Pop in Miami?
a.Wanted to go to Jamaica but couldn't because of lack of recording facilities
b.wanted to go to Cuba but couldn't because of US's fear of not being able to get them out of Cuba
c.Wanted colorful inspiration for Pop d. Cheap studios
e. Wanted an atmosphere where they wouldn't be as noticed

I'll post the answers after everyone's had a shot at them.

smile.gif

------------------
We move through miracle days

My fanatical U2 webpage: Take Me Higher

uhm mad, i hope u got them all right...

cos my answers are:
Bono
Adam
Bono
Larry
e

Ok, I thought I knew a lot about them, but I'm stumped, and I FLUNK. But I'll guess anyway, because this is such a creative thread

1.Bono
2.Adam *that girl was nuts*
3.Bono *poor Larry!*
4.Larry
5.B

I hope I don't flunk out of U2 school!

I have NO idea whatsoever about the too first questions, but question nr. 1 sounds like something Bono would do haha.
nr 2.. hm, maybe...Adam..?
nr. 3 : Bono
nr.4 I think this one is Bono too.
nr 5: E

some of these i know....others are fuzzy...
something tells me most of these are Bono though.
biggrin.gif

1. Bono
2. Bono
3. Bono
4. Bono
5. B

all i know is that number one is larry because i cracked up laughing so hard when i saw that...he did it to get attention, lol. seems very un-larry but he did it when he was 4.

------------------

It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

I`m not realy sure about the rest but the last one is B. I saw it on some program about the pop mart along time ago.The hostes said that that`s infact the reason... or was it Bono? Or Larry?
Don`t remember...but I`m sure it`s true
smile.gif

Also Three is Defenatelly Bono. It was on the David Letterman show I think.
As for the milkman...
Alison with " the milkman"???? I think not!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I love you `cause I need to ,not because I need you..."
-luminous times

Umm.... I know Bono threw a kit at Larry, because that's when Edge punched him in the face, and I know he has two dogs named Fanny and Angel, but the rest....
I haven't a clue.

------------------
"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Fight Club

"Here's where it makes the most sense. You need it so you don't forget. Forget that there are places in the world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside that's yours, that they can't touch. That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you." - The Shawshank Redemption

"All God wants is a willing heart and for us to call out to him." - Bono

"Ohh!!! Egyptians!" - Me, on AOL IM

My guesses
1. Larry
2. Adam
3. Bono
4. Edge
5. b
This may be a moot point.

------------------
The pen is mighter than the sword, but a kick in the ass is more efficient.

Originally posted by Sunrazor:

"There was a gig in America once where I threw Larry's drum kit off stage and had a go at the band. And The Edge, who is my ideal - he's completely composed - he was so outraged he gave me severe dig in the mouth. It was amazing. I've known him all my life and it was a really good dig in the mouth. That was on-stage... in front of The Talking Heads and the B-52s. I think they all thought it was part of the show."

Neat, huh? Apparently, Larry, Bono, and Edge then all ran backstage and Adam was left on-stage, holding his bass, wondering what to do while the audience stared at him.
Poor guy!

Thanks for the story, Sunrazor! I can't imagine Edge punching anyone- freaky! I wonder why they were so mad...

I think I heard somewhere that Larry screwed up the beginning of something and Bono was REALLY mad. Maybe he'd been having a bad night. I dunno. You'd have to ask him.
tongue.gif

------------------
"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Fight Club

"Here's where it makes the most sense. You need it so you don't forget. Forget that there are places in the world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside that's yours, that they can't touch. That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you." - The Shawshank Redemption

The only question I'm pretty sure of the answer is the last one and the answer is B, they wanted to go to Cuba but would most likely end up in some trouble entering America again.

To get attention... Bono...
Girlfriend leaving...no clue..
Threwing drumkit...got the answer..
Dog named Angel... Larry, I think I've heard somewhere...

Funny thread, more quizes...
biggrin.gif

------------------

"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

Originally posted by Sunrazor:
Umm.... I know Bono threw a kit at Larry, because that's when Edge punched him in the face, and I know he has two dogs named Fanny and Angel, but the rest....
I haven't a clue.

Bono threw a drum kit at Larry, and then Edge punched Bono in the face?!?!
eek.gif
Details, please!

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:
Bono threw a drum kit at Larry, and then Edge punched Bono in the face?!?!
eek.gif
Details, please!

Okay.... Here is the story, told by Bono himself, as it appears in Bono: In His Own Words.

"There was a gig in America once where I threw Larry's drum kit off stage and had a go at the band. And The Edge, who is my ideal - he's completely composed - he was so outraged he gave me severe dig in the mouth. It was amazing. I've known him all my life and it was a really good dig in the mouth. That was on-stage... in front of The Talking Heads and the B-52s. I think they all thought it was part of the show."

Neat, huh? Apparently, Larry, Bono, and Edge then all ran backstage and Adam was left on-stage, holding his bass, wondering what to do while the audience stared at him.
Poor guy!

------------------

Everyone was really close- I don't think anyone's got the exact combo yet.. should I post the answers now? Or wait a while longer...?? Let me know!!

------------------
We move through miracle days

Ok, here is my shot:

1. Larry
2. Edge
3. Bono
4. Bono
5. a

and now give us the anwers!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

So now, give us the answers. I?m dying to get to know who got dumped for a milkman.

PLEASE!!!!

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

and the moment we've all been waiting for....
(sorry, besides what's been posted here I have no support for these answers! see aforementioned website)

1) "Which band member as a child put his head through a window in order to get attention?"
LARRY

2) Which member of U2 had a girlfriend leave him for a milkman?
BONO

3) Which member of U2 at one time threw a drum kit at Larry?
BONO

4) Which member of U2 has a dog named Angel?
BONO

5) What was one of the main reasons U2 recorded Pop in Miami?
B. wanted to go to Cuba but couldn't because of US's fear of not being able to get them out of Cuba

(I didn't realize until later they were all about Bono! haha oops! Didn't mean to exclude the others! He just causes the most commotion I guess...!)

smile.gif

------------------
Looking for a sound that's gonna drown out the world

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:

LARRY

(I didn't realize until later they were all about Bono! haha oops! Didn't mean to exclude the others! He just causes the most commotion I guess...!)

smile.gif

ru sure? cos my puter says larry here.. now is my puter a really f*cked up one, so it doesnt say much.. but still

hmm. doesnt sound very nice.. sorry bout that, lol.

---> can be nice sometimes..
smile.gif

anyways, love the quiz thingy, keep 'em coming!

Originally posted by Shirley:
hmm. doesnt sound very nice.. sorry bout that, lol.

---> can be nice sometimes..
smile.gif

anyways, love the quiz thingy, keep 'em coming!

lol no problem! I meant to indicate that most were about Bono, although Larry did indeed put his head through a window! I think I can see little Lawrence doing that as a kid- he didn't seem to take orders too well back then either ;-)

------------------
Looking for a sound that's gonna drown out the world

Back
Top Bottom