U2 playing tonight 9/9 in Shelter from the Storm and 9/10 on MTV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemon Grrrrrl

New Yorker
Hangin' out by the state line turning holy water i
I don't know if everyone knows about this! I knew there was a benefit taking place tonight for the hurricane victims, but I didn't see U2's name listed on the lineup. So I checked u2.com, and found this:

Friday, you can catch U2 taking part in 'Shelter from the Storm: AConcert for the Gulf Coast'. More here.

While on Saturday, you can catch them as they perform for 'ReAct Now', an MTV special raising funds for relief organizations. That concert airs 8-12 PM ET/PT. More
here.

Friday's concert will be on all major networks and will be commercial free, 8pm/7pm central, and Saturday's will be on MTV and MTV Overdrive at 8pm ET/PT.

Yay I can't wait! Most of the news articles I've read haven't even mentioned that U2 will be performing... I've only seen one or two articles that said they would be there. :scratch:

since it's over now, I'll change the links to pics:

dcc4262b.jpg

Last edited:
kellyahern said:
I think they may have already taped it today :confused:

I was searching for pictures, and I found some of them performing. Should I hold out until after the show? I don't want to spoil it if anyone doesn't want to know yet.

No love, it's ok - in my book. I haven't seen it yet, but the pics don't diminish the anticipation. I'm still going to watch...
It's U2 :hyper:

Maybe I should join this thread instead. I just can't stand some of the excessive critiques in the other thread.:|

Thanks for the pics kelly!! :applaud: Bono is :drool: :drool: Hehehe, Edge looks happy :happy: Ohhh... I love the speediness of the Internet :D

I drove right past the Air Canada Centre today (where this was taped) and thought: "I'll be in there Monday watching U2."
Little did I know they were probably inside right at that moment. Feck!

Hearing One always makes me feel better. I know there are some who are tired of hearing it but I think Mary brought a fresh perspective. It made me feel a little comfort. :shrug:

:| I thought it started in an hour :| I did hear it in the car thanks to my sister calling me to tell me to put the radio on immediately. U2 was just starting but I didn't get to see it :mad:

kellyahern said:

Did you see the comparison of disaster performances post? :no:

:rolleyes:

I guess some people don't actually watch the news. I just don't understand the lack of empathy from some people.

And if I ever become so cynical, I hope someone takes me aside and has a serious chat with me.

I hope someone puts U2s performance online...because my DVD recorder decided to act up and i missed it:mad:
But it looked liked a great performance from what i saw! :up:

Back
Top Bottom