U2 photo sights in Dublin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marien said:
Some of these are mine, here is the U2 wall as I saw it last month
Irelandsummero7027.jpg

This is Hanover Quay right? Where's the studio door exactly in relation to this wall? It's across the street right?

Jeannieco, I think that you have to go round the building, but to be honest I don't remember exactly where the studios doors are, I wasn't interested in the doors as I knew the boys were in South France, and after such an extensive rebuilding the whole neighbourhood looks very different from what it looked like a few years ago, I lost my way several times because I didn't bring a map thinking that I could get there easily, and then suddenly the wall was there.
Maybe Depe remembers much better, he's an expert.

yes the studio doors are right opposite this wall.
what happened to the 'fan bench'??
I bet larry took it away in the darkness of night !

dmalezi said:
R.I.P. Docker's :sad: But I'm glad I got to hang out there and I still have my t shirt souvenir. The owners were soooo nice to us! :heart:

Me too:sad: :sad:

We had some great times in that pub I miss it, breaks my heart everytime I go past.

Make sure you wait near the right doors though, I've seen photos on this site of the completely wrong door altogether!

depe , you've been on my dream trip ! :love:
your trip must have taken alot of planning , was it diffcult finding all these places ?

Bono's Tart said:
Make sure you wait near the right doors though, I've seen photos on this site of the completely wrong door altogether!

Ok, can somebody tell me where to find the main door or do I just look for the groupies? :lol: :wink:
I suppose if they are around when I am there next week there will be people hanging around...:scratch:
Please be there boys, it's my birthday week afterall!!

Jeannieco said:

Ok, can somebody tell me where to find the main door or do I just look for the groupies? :lol: :wink:
I suppose if they are around when I am there next week there will be people hanging around...:scratch:
Please be there boys, it's my birthday week afterall!!

They are the grey doors with the red and white sign on and the intercom on the wall,everytime we have met the band they have walked out of those doors.
Just as a word of advice which was passed on to us and it does work!! when any of the bands cas go past and stop to go in the garage don't rush over to the car. Just be patient!!
Good luck!! :wink:

dmalezi said:
R.I.P. Docker's :sad: But I'm glad I got to hang out there and I still have my t shirt souvenir. The owners were soooo nice to us! :heart:

oh noooooooo:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
I remember when I came back from Dublin the first time I send Paddy the owner a picture I had taken of me and my firneds with him. Five years later I was there again and I spotted my picture on the wall behind the bar.

Jeannieco said:
Marien said:
Some of these are mine, here is the U2 wall as I saw it last month
Irelandsummero7027.jpg

This is Hanover Quay right? Where's the studio door exactly in relation to this wall? It's across the street right?

Well , actually this wall looks a bit different these days.
Some one from my mailgroup went there earlier this month and this is what 's going on now:

dub07090410mc5.jpg

At the back , the boats are gone:
dub07090409xw5.jpg

More of the street:
dub07090411zs4.jpg

The bench has been gone for a while now, apparently it was placed and owned by the cement factory and they took it away.

Another angle from the studios:
dub07090412rn9.jpg

Last edited:
@greety: wow. I was there at the end of july and it didn't look like that at all :scratch: I'm actually glad I didn't run into that.. would have taken the magic away :|

phistolemon said:
@greety: wow. I was there at the end of july and it didn't look like that at all :scratch: I'm actually glad I didn't run into that.. would have taken the magic away :|

I'm not sure it still looks like that, but it did on the 4th of September

I've always loved the Quays in Dublin... am I the only one that is a little depressed by all this change? that place had so much character.

Back
Top Bottom