U2 on Top of the Pops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harlequinn

The Fly
BBC America is showing the 2001 Top of the Pops Awards in which U2 wins the award for top rock. It is on right now and at Midnight EST.

yayayay! thanks for the info, Harlequinn!
biggrin.gif
its on right now for me.... do you know if U2 is on in the 1st hour of it? (cause i just checked here, so i missed 'bout the 1st hour, if so i guess i'll have to catch the next showing....) and i see you (Harlequinn) are from AZ; me too!
biggrin.gif
(always cool to see local AZ ppl here
biggrin.gif
)

------------------
' I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name. . .'
.:. U2: Rock's Unbreakable Heart!

I caught it earlier tonight, too! U2 is on pretty early in the show -- they got the second award presented, after 2 or 3 (can't remember) musical performances. It's actually during the first half hour.

That acceptance speech is so much funnier on TV than it was on the internet. I can see it a lot more clearly . . . what is Edge chewing on??

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"Some of my best friends are women. Some of my best friends dress up as women too." - Bono, Hot Press interview

"don't give up, you've got the music in you..."

OMG, U2 acceptance speech was too funny. I loved it! A Whole A Lot of Love...with all of the guys singing backup to Bono. I was LMAO...
biggrin.gif

By the way, I have never heard of 75% of the acts that were performing or that were nominated. I had no idea Kylie Mongoue (sp) was still around, the last song I remember by her was that cheesey remake she had in the 80's that Locomotive song...anyway, thanks for the heads up about this show!

Back
Top Bottom