U2 on SNL.....OMG!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dream chaser said:
OMG! I think I took a wrong turn & ended up in Zootopia! :p

~jk

Actually, I come bearing gifts:

Vertigo mp3 3:28//192kbps//4.77mb

SYCMIOYO mp3 5:21//192kbps//7.35mb

I Will Follow mp3 4:28//192kbps//6.14mb

Vertigo wmv 3:28//320x240//9.35mb

SYCMIOYO wmv 5:21//320x240//14.3mb

I Will Follow wmv 4:28//320x240//12mb

Cheers!
-Mel :bono:

:sad: :sad: Pleaseeeeeee... I still can not see them...Can you send to me??????

juherbster@pop.com.br

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee..... In the name of love....

ok...It was a joke...It´s not fun...

clementine_rose said:
I just saw SNL and OMG!!!!!!!! I am so happy I was recording it...my tape ran out right after IWF.....THANK GOD! Did you see Bono in the girls lap....OMG! This week has just been so...*ugh*...FREAKING AMAZING! With the pics, the MELPOP video, and the phone message. I don't think I'll ever recover! :faint:

Waaa!! I did not get to see it..:scream: ...hopefully I can catch it on a rerun..

What's this about Bono in someone's lap :eyebrow:...other than mine?:rolleyes: LOL! In my dreams...

Last edited:
Diane L said:
It will be interesting to see if the FCC busts Bono again for that...erm...lap dance he performed for that EXTREMELY LUCKY blonde in the front row! It will also be interesting to see if that's edited out for the West Coast airing.

Of all the times for my VCR not to record properly! Bono rubbing Adam's shoulder & back...his tear-inducing performance of "Sometimes..."...his antics with that did-I-mention EXTREMELY LUCKY blonde...

Wow. WOW!

Waaaaaa!!!:sad: :scream: I want to be that blonde...or Adam's shoulder...either one I don't care!!!:p

Ancalagon said:
I just watched I Will Follow. Oh my, oh my, oh my. I'm torn between laughter and the desire to trip my DH into bed. But my overwhelming emotion is gratitude: Bono, thank you for your joy and LIFE! Thank you for always pushing the boundaries, for refusing to stay in your box. And, thank you, Ali, for not being possessive. :kiss:

Nice avatar, Ancalagon..:love:

Thanks, Billie. I'm rather partial to it myself. :wink:

By the way, I think Mel's bandwidth broke under the strain, which is why those links don't work any more.

starsgoblue said:
I don't see how calling Bono a cocky bastard was meant in a derogatory way at all....if it was taken that way then it was grossly misunderstood. It's a phrase that's been used interchangeably with 'rock star' on here several times by other people without any incident.

And for the love of God people, how would Bono or anyone for that matter be able to give someone a night's sleep?! By me saying he owed me that could not and should not have been taken seriously at all.....it was my way of saying, "Well I guess I'm not going to be able to sleep after seeing that".

Can we all just stop this? I've had arguably the worst week of my life and I'm sorry if the only and few times I have been happy or excited about something it was because of something U2 related, some little bright moment in a time of my life that is frankly rather dark. And my comments have been taken so far out of context it's ridiculous. Don't worry, that small balloon has been burst....back to my life.

Starsgoblue...I love you! :hug: I am sorry you had a bad week. I don't know what all the hullabuloo is about because I am too lazy to go back and read this thread but...I know you love Bono and would never say anything to intentionly insult him or his fans.....apparently someone took what you said too seriously....as Bono himself would say,"It's no big deal"...:bono:

As far as Bono girls being uncivilized... ...civilization is way over rated in my opinion:mac:...LOL! Just kidding but if I want to admire an obviously sexy man such as Bono and write about it at a website forum,I will...bottom line... this is rock'n'roll ,people! Lighten up! If someone goes against the policies here,ok,they need to be reprimended .....however,if there are people here too young to read certain things,they should not read stuff like this.....and don't pull the old "Bono's daughters are reading this" yes, obviously no one here wants to offend his family but for crying out loud, they know their father is a rock star and girls love him, blah ,blah, blah...ok.... so end of story morning glory,let's get back to the business at hand...we all love U2, their music and the prospect of an upcoming tour as well as this new stellar album they've made....

Now ...
let us all join hands and sing Kumbaya :D...
LOL! Just kidding please don't read too much into that ...:wink:

I LOVE MY PLEBA GIRLS AND ALL U2 FANS! PEACE: :hug: :heart:

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
I don't see how calling Bono a cocky bastard was meant in a derogatory way at all....if it was taken that way then it was grossly misunderstood. It's a phrase that's been used interchangeably with 'rock star' on here several times by other people without any incident.

And for the love of God people, how would Bono or anyone for that matter be able to give someone a night's sleep?! By me saying he owed me that could not and should not have been taken seriously at all.....it was my way of saying, "Well I guess I'm not going to be able to sleep after seeing that".

Can we all just stop this? I've had arguably the worst week of my life and I'm sorry if the only and few times I have been happy or excited about something it was because of something U2 related, some little bright moment in a time of my life that is frankly rather dark. And my comments have been taken so far out of context it's ridiculous. Don't worry, that small balloon has been burst....back to my life.

:hug: stars...don't let the bastards grind you down.

And no, I'm not calling ANY of you bastards, I love all PLEBAns. :hug: I'm just upset that my friend starsgoblue (because that's her name in real life :p j/k) has had a bad week and it seems the one place she goes to relax and be herself and happy is suddenly being hostile toward her. Leave her alone, please? I understand we must keep a certain level of decency here but quite frankly I thought we were plenty decent until we started bickering amongst ourselves... I mean, Bono gave a girl a lapdance on national television, were we just supposed to ignore it? No one said anything THAT bad, things were just misinterpreted, which can easily happen over the internet. I guess everyone should try to be a little more clear but also a little more understanding...let's not jump down each other's throats. We're one but n...well, you know the rest :wink:

no ...don't be daft; yourself!!!

was going to say something but thought the better of it; that's all!!!

Billie Midol said:

I know you love Bono and would never say anything to intentionly insult him or his fans.....apparently someone took what you said too seriously....as Bono himself would say,"It's no big deal"...:bono

As far as Bono girls being uncivilized... ...civilization is way over rated in my opinion...LOL! Just kidding but if I want to admire an obviously sexy man such as Bono and write about it at a website forum,I will...bottom line... this is rock'n'roll ,people!
[/i]

remember, it's "Sex {SAAFE!!!}& Drugs {limited, careful use- of a little weed & alcohal-a serious killer if really abused] & R&R"!;)
Now, I seriously love that they/bono write about all manner of things/people/events in the world. I love that about The Who, Bruce & E street, patti sMith....etc And I love when those bands/singers ARE being sexy as well.

Bono was being rather *ahem* raunchy himself and we are supposed to 'tidy' our comments up that much ?!

Lighten up! If someone goes against the policies here,ok,they need to be reprimended .....however,if there are people here too young to read certain things,they should not read stuff like this.....and don't pull the old "Bono's daughters are reading this" wyes, obviously no one here wants to offend his family but for crying out loud, they know their father is a rock star and girls love him, blah ,blah, blah...ok
[/B]

Yeah, your last sentence there says it all. sheeesh all they [his kids] have to do is like, hhmmmm, check out the... was it the Best of Vid clip for the best of 1990-2000 vids pakage? I mean really.

And just like probably 99.9% of any other kids/teens/early 20's 99.9% of the time [as someone said in another earlier post here, or another getting frisky thread]-- those two words together: 'parents & sex' evoke an automatic 'Eeeeewwwww' protection mechanism [it sure did in me].
So don't you worry 'bout that.

[/B] I LOVE MY PLEBA GIRLS AND ALL U2 FANS! PEACE: [/B]

Not being a Premium member [yet!], the counter counts your emoticons as well as mine, so i nixed yours so i could get mine in my response.

:hug: PLEBANS I usually enjoy all your comments {not to mention the photos, too}.

:up: :yes: :applaud:, BillieM [haven't seen your posts in a while}. Well said!!!

Starsgb, I don't know you, but i really enjoy your posts, they are often a lot of fun/or interesting!.
I felt you weren't insulting the B-man. It was fun-frustration as joke- type of thing.

I am very sorry you are having/have had a shitty week. :hug: :hug:
I hope this next one will be better at the very least in some important way for you!!

Please continue to 'unwind' here for some R&R and some *R&R*.:sexywink:

I do [no longer] not equate some raunchiness & graphicness and being 'uncivilized'.
Shit, I did believe that along, long time ago....and glad i was able to bit by bit extricate myself from the what I came to believe were IMHO overly rigid precepts i was given. Over time, learning etc I chose to reject that premise.

While i do sometimes have a bit of an anger management problem...i may yell & get verbally nasty on certain patiernce-trying occasions with a few select people.

I am one of the more civilized people you'll met. That is if you call someone who wishes for more peacefulness in the world, feeding the poor, giving every worker at least a living minimum wage, feeding the hungry, building affordable housing, giving solace to the grieving etc.

if you met me, I tend towards kindness, courtesy, helping to show people the wonder in this world, sharing & getting good info for friends, acquaintences, people on things they are needing/wanting at the time as I can etc, making people laugh {and i love when people make ME laugh}. ANd i like some raunchiness. If that makes me 'uncivilized' for some of you oh, well :shrug:

And finally as some one else also sais...it's like girls, gals/ women's "nite out' verbally & with photos :drool:

in fact since this thread turned too serious...i going to go drool in some other threads.

Peace, all.

Last edited:
Originally posted by dazzledbylight

remember, it's "Sex {SAAFE!!!}& Drugs {limited, careful use- of a little weed & alcohal-a serious killer if really abused] & R&R"!;)
Now, I seriously love that they/bono write about all manner of things/people/events in the world. I love that about The Who, Bruce & E street, patti sMith....etc And I love when those bands/singers ARE being sexy as well.

Bono was being rather *ahem* raunchy himself and we are supposed to 'tidy' our comments up that much ?!

LOL! :up:

:up: :yes: :applaud:, BillieM [haven't seen your posts in a while}. Well said!!!

Thank you ,dazzled ! Peace to you as well...:hug:

Last edited:
chill!

don't mean to be bewildering...the quips will all make sense in time to come

sometimes riddles are okay....Sometimes they are all we have (oops another one, sori!)

xxx

Last edited:
TV Guide showing a repeat this Saturday-1-8-05 for those of you who may have missed the first time or want to see again.

celtophile said:
that girls eyes were going to bug out of her head......he was like totally on top of her.

if nothing else bono would make a healthy living as a stripper....obviously he shows talent...:evil: :eyebrow:

Good for her, I say! It's great that blokes are learning to lapdance... particularly Bono! :drool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom