U2 on Letterman, woo hoo!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
OMG, THEY SANG NEW YORK AND STUCK!!!!!!! Bono changed the lyrics slightly too, woo hoo!

And did you guys SEE BONO's SHIRT UNBUTTONED and that rosary-like necklace thing he had on??? *GULP*
eek.gif

and Wedgie with his Explorer and a cute gray sweater...

They all looked and sounded GREAT!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

disco

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 10-29-2001).]

most importantly.... WHAT WAS ADAM WEARING??? please tell me...i dont have a tv..im living in a prison called student residence

------------------
"What fish don't know"--Marshall McLuhan

id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

Originally posted by Discoteque:
And did you guys SEE BONO's SHIRT UNBUTTONED and that rosary-like necklace thing he had on??? *GULP*
eek.gif

OH Disco!
Please tell me Bono waxed his chest!! LOL

Did Letterman interview Larry?
Did he knew about Larry's birthday?
*waiting for answers impatiently*

------------------
I'm hanging on
you're all that's left to hold on to...
I'm still waiting...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!! it was so great!!

as soon as it finished i ran skidding and slipping across the tile floor in my socks to my computer! eep!

i was shreiking the whole time!!

...still am!

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship to the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of the light"

why....MADAM?!?!??? IS IT REALLY YOU????
biggrin.gif

You're baaaaack!? Where did you go?? We were all wunnerin'....

Sir Sparky was wearing his ubiquitous baggy khaki's and a long sleeved black t-shirt with a white graphic on the front....couldn't see what was on it...looked sorta like that "spikey planet" shirt tho...I'll see if I can get a better view on the video....

NO Larry interview, but Dave is interviewing Bono right NOW!!!

and sorry girls, Bono did NOT wax/shave his chest for this gig...his Bonofur is showing, but just a nice amount, not like that one Mackie picture...and they fade out to the house band doing ONE!!!!!!
smile.gif
How cool is that????

disco

Originally posted by madamc:
most importantly.... WHAT WAS ADAM WEARING??? please tell me...i dont have a tv..im living in a prison called student residence

lol~ on retreat:

Sarverino: "He's a squirt!"

(in reference to Bono, obviously)

thought i'd share!

*makes a mad dash to see if commercials have ended and if there's an interview*

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

"A man dreams one day to fly
A man takes a rocket ship to the skies
He lives on a star that's dying in the night
And follows in the trail, the scatter of the light"

Originally posted by madamc:

My computer is having technical difficulties right now so I can't view the footage - but if you go to the link below you might be able to get "Stuck" if you know what I mean. Hope it works for you!
http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/#

*waits for David Letterman*

I had my Edge hat on...I ran to get it before it came on. LOL! Anyway my ma was sleeping on the couch as they came on, I woke her up cause I was howling! They all looked yummy. I kept pointing at them, my ma, she just looked at me. Oh well, it was late for her. I still am in shock that she actually stayed up, or at least attempted to stay up
wink.gif
, I'm teaching my mommy to love U2...YAY!

------------------
Dana

"AHH...this is civics in action!"
--Mr. Campbell and me at a U2 concert, 6/21/01

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

ARGH, meant to respond rather than edit, oops.

Sir Sparky was wearing his ubiquitous baggy khaki's and a long sleeved black t-shirt with a white graphic on the front....couldn't see what was on it...looked sorta like that "spikey planet" shirt tho...

Could barely even SEE Larry the whole time...

NO Larry interview, but Dave interviewed Bono for a bit (damn, does Bono have a BIG HEAD next to Letterman's! *snerk*) Oh, and Bono had those adorable extra long sleeves on his jacket, but NO star on this one...it was cut more like a blazer, looked nice....

one shot of Edge showed Dallas in the background in silouette, keeping an eye on Edge...

Bono did NOT wax/shave his chest for this gig...his Bonofur was showing, but just a nice amount, not like that one Mackie picture...and they faded out to the house band doing ONE!!!!!!
smile.gif
How cool is that????

disco

Is it 11:35 yet???? Damnit, time is so slow while awaiting the boys!!! SOUNDS AWESOME!
Can't wait to see Bono- that's probably the rosary the Pope gave him? YUM!!!!

DML- lol, I have completely converted my Mom too! She is at her house now, and she just called ME to tell me she has her tape set, but to call her when it starts so she can watch with me on the phone! We're going to 2nd night Oakland together!

they're performance was great! I can't believe it, on more week exactly for Austin!!
biggrin.gif
Can you tell I'm excited?
wink.gif

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Irish people are like Texans" -Bono, 4-3-01

What would Jesus Not do?

Bono did NOT wax/shave his chest for this gig...his Bonofur was showing, but just a nice amount, not like that one Mackie picture...
disco

Thank god, I wonder if the chest hair is falling because of his age...
frown.gif

TXS for the info, Disco!
smile.gif

------------------
I'm hanging on
I'm still waiting...

[This message has been edited by Ana (edited 10-29-2001).]

Bono looked great and sexy! and with his shirt wide open... aaawwww!
biggrin.gif

Is it me or when he talked with Dave, he looked a bit shy... it made me smile!
smile.gif

Just one thing... what the hell with Britney Spears?

Could barely even SEE Larry the whole time...

Larry was barely shown, and they only showed Adam when Bono was near him. That was sad, but their performance was awesome! And Bono was definitely one hot tamale- unbuttoned shirt and everything! And don't worry- his chest hair wasn't taking over.
biggrin.gif
And did you guys notice Bono's statue of liberty pose? That was cute.

*sigh* All I have to say is this:

lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Ali.

Jealous jealous Lisa.

I love how in the middle of New York he decided to be modest and button his shirt... he's so cute! And every time he'd smile that genuine Bono smile it'd kill me... he's so beautiful...

Ok, I'm gonna shut up now otherwise I'll talk for hours.

But great show!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

"Sunrises are God's hit singles. Do the big number first and then just get on with the rest of the show." -Bono.

My feeble attempt at a website:
U2's Heartland

Just a brief Edge report...

He was not wearing the numbered shirts. Instead (drumroll please) a gray/plaid sweater, blue jeans, and white tennis shoes. He was AWESOME singing the high notes during Stuck.

Bono sounded great. I hope everyone gets a chance to see how well the band performed.

*Slutney* is part of Bono's "What's Goin On" compilation, along with...geez, who knows, I haven't been paying attention...Destiny's Child as well?? (Bono seems to have a fascination for them, GRRR)

I love how Bono gets all shy and self conscious when he's around certain people (like BB King in the R&H video). AWWWW...he's so cute!
wink.gif

Originally posted by Chickles:
Bono looked great and sexy! and with his shirt wide open... aaawwww!
biggrin.gif

Is it me or when he talked with Dave, he looked a bit shy... it made me smile!
smile.gif

Just one thing... what the hell with Britney Spears?

Just one thing... what the hell with Britney Spears? [/B][/QUOTE]
confused.gif

I was wondering the same thing. Do I really want to tune in to MTV tomorrow to see Brittney Spears in a blindfold! Why in the hell did Bono even mention that!
mad.gif

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress (edited 10-29-2001).]

After he got us drooling and jumping into the set, he deftly buttoned his shirt back up so as not to expose too much for too long. "Ok Ali, I know!" I also think he missed his heart, not too much room to run around.

I absolutely love the new lyrics to NY, subtle and genuine, well as subtle as Bono can be "I Love NY" !!!!

I need to go back to that dream I had yesterday morning. I may have to amend my answer and remember Mrs. Edge's rule, it's just fantasy!!!!

------------------
If your glass house should crack....POE

omg how cute was that?! bono and his little smile while singing "new york" *dies right there* i was sitting on top of the tv, with a big dumb grin on my face (thank god no one else was watching it with me) the whole thing was just too cute. how am i supposed to go to sleep now?!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~sara
sle2@geneseo.edu
http://www.platinumcomplication.com

I just can't believe Britney is called a "singer". She should be working in a table dance or something *evil grin*
Hey, she has the body, why not ???
biggrin.gif

------------------
I'm hanging on
I'm still waiting...

Maybe Bono just mentioned Britney in order to increase sales and awareness for the "What's Goin' On" stuff. We may not like her but a lot of people do.

Anything for a good cause, right?
smile.gif

Bono should know that he hasn't have to say other names than his to sell something...
U2 is more powerfull to convince ourself in a good cause than any pop*shit* music...

New York and Stuck were really intense! I love how they all looked.... very sexy!!! Bono is so attractive!!! *me sitting two feet away from the tv to be closer to Bono* hehehehe!
biggrin.gif

I'm affraid that he had voice problem... didn't he?
frown.gif

Originally posted by drumkeeran:
After he got us drooling and jumping into the set, he deftly buttoned his shirt back up so as not to expose too much for too long. "Ok Ali, I know!"

did Bono actually say that? I must have not caught it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom