U2 on Letterman, woo hoo!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was an awesome performance! I loved how they gave U2 sooo much time on the show. LOL, my first thought when they started panning in on the band when they first came on and started playing "New York" was "Oh my Lord, is Edge wearing a *flannel?* Tucked *in* or something???" Luckily, as they zoomed in, I found that he was not.
biggrin.gif
I am kind of sorry it didn't have short sleeves, though. Edge has some damn fine arms, if I do say so myself.

Okay, bed time...

------------------
"Those U2 songs, they seem to have a lot of big feelings in them."
--Bono, Details interview

"He...never...shuts...up."
--Sheila Roche, on Bono

"don't let go, you've got the music in you..."

nyr122_full.jpg

Here's a pic from the show! Oh, how hot he was! That unbuttoned shirt and his rosary beads on his chest, his pretty, fluffy, soft and touchable hair, and his sparkling eyes, even through the shades!! I love and adore all the precious little facial expressions and hand gestures he makes when he talks! Am I totally eaten up with everything about this man? YOU BETCHA!! (and I'm proud of it!)

------------------
Visit my U2 webpage! <A HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk" TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk</A> On, stay safe tonight"

Ok, I missed part of the interview with Bono because my roomie muted the tv and I was talking to someone online.... grrrrr...

What did he say about Britney? When did he mention that? What did he say? I missed it.

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

"Sunrises are God's hit singles. Do the big number first and then just get on with the rest of the show." -Bono.

My feeble attempt at a website:
U2's Heartland

Originally posted by Bonavoix:
Ok, I missed part of the interview with Bono because my roomie muted the tv and I was talking to someone online.... grrrrr...

What did he say about Britney? When did he mention that? What did he say? I missed it.

He said the video of her blindfolded would premiere today on MTV! He got a sly grin on his face and a wicked gleam in his eye when he told that to Dave like he thought it was sexy. He made a motion of a blindfold over his eyes as he said the word, and I couldn't help thinking how sexy it would be if HE were the one blindfolded, which made me go start the thread "Love Is Blindness." I want to know what you girls would do with your favorite guy if he couldn't see!

Originally posted by U2SJ:

DML- lol, I have completely converted my Mom too! She is at her house now, and she just called ME to tell me she has her tape set, but to call her when it starts so she can watch with me on the phone! We're going to 2nd night Oakland together!

I even quiz her about the band members and who they are...once I showed her a pic of Larry...and she said, quite excitedly "WHO IS THAT?" hehe! Although she is strongly convinced Larry's name is Mark. Oh well, I busted out with my Edge hat on, and said, "MA...WHO AM I?" and she looked and said, "The Edge!" She's getting there.

------------------
Dana

"AHH...this is civics in action!"
--Mr. Campbell and me at a U2 concert, 6/21/01

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

My favorite part: when Dave came over to talk to them and towered over our dear Bono! Very cute! The whole thing was fabulous! Bono was really on--shy, funny, real, sweet, and entertaining. Oh yeah, and HOT!

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"She's hyperventilating." --my podiatrist (about me) 10-24-01

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Larry looked so feckin hot!!!!!! I could see him from behind Bono, he had a lovely Black sweater on
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
*droooooooooooooooL*

Edge looked so adorable in his grey sweater too
smile.gif
Bono with his shirt open was kewl but it's not my thang
smile.gif
and Sparky well he hid most of the time

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

"I am a sexy mofo, what can I say?" --What Larry really says to himself when he looks into the mirror every morning

Question from Caller:we want to know how he's maintained his youthful looks. we think he looks so much younger than the rest of the band

Larry:let me put it this way. Michael Jackson got the idea of the oxygen tent from me. and all this hanging out w/ monkeys and shit like that, it's all to do w/ that.

Can I just say one thing:

THANK YOU, LORD, FOR EDGE'S CUTE FUZZY SWEATER!

Don;t get me wrong, I don't have anything against his numbered shirts...those tight, tight shirts...

I'm sorry, what was I...? Oh yes, anyway, so it was just nice to see him wearing something different. It really suited him.

Did anyone else notice that his sleeves were all bunched up around his wrists? Perhaps overlong sleeves are contagious...

------------------
Bono-Man! An Epic Superhero Adventure
Experience it at http://www.geocities.com/bonogoestovegas

The Official PLEBA Glossary: Replacing Crippling Confusion With Mere Disorientation!
Version 4.0 is at:
http://www.vodkatea.com/g/glossary.asp?gid=165

There must be something wrong with me. I didn't even notice the unbuttoned shirt everyone is talking about. Maybe I should see a doctor. But I'll be rewinding and replaying tonight. And maybe tomorrow. And, and, and....

I literally squealed when I saw how far down Bono's shirt was unbuttoned!! Sexy, Sexy man. My cable cut out at the end of New York and the beginning of Stuck...did Bono play his green guitar sitting in the background?
I thought it was great how full of energy they were! Edge was stomping his foot, Bono was trying to stay in the lighting...I think he did miss his catwalk!
When he was talking to Dave he was candid. Such a doll.

------------------
The doors you open
I just can't close...

OMG!!!!! BONO'S SHIRT???????!!!!!!!

PPPPPPHHHHHHWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
whatever that means
biggrin.gif

OMG

The whole statue of liberty thing? That was ADORABLE! I squealed like a little girl bc that man is so adorable.

When David Letterman came and stood next to Bono I laughed bc my Baby's so short!
biggrin.gif

OMG HIS SHIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
STATUE OF LIBERTY!!!!!!!! SO CUUUUUTE!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~ the Shamrock n rolla!

"Most of our organization is run by women. We sort of work for them, really!" ~BonoBaby~

We live forwards. We understand backwards.

TURN EACH SONG INTO A PRAYER

OMG! Bono was so adorable last night! The extra long sleeves, the unbuttoned shirt, the green glasses, the way he did the little *hop-and-lunge move with one arm hanging down* he does all the time...
wink.gif

AWWW....

------------------
*Men should not be forced to wear pants if its not cold* ~Adam

*Larry's always been noticed cause he's the pretty one*

"Do you have a final message for the crowd today, something they can take home with them...as if this wasn't enough?"
Larry: "Something they can take home with them?...I'm not taking off my clothes."--MuchMusic tv show, May 2001

Back
Top Bottom