U2 on German Television (TV Total) on 06-13-05

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

One81

The Fly
U2 made a rare TV appereance last night on German television. They performed 2 Songs (City of Blinding Lights and Vertigo) and had a nice interview segment with the host.

If you visit this website: www.tvtotal.de you can watch a stream of the interview and the performances. Enjoy!

16bono1kg.jpg

17u21lh.jpg

19u24lu.jpg

20u2talk2tk.jpg

23immermittenindiefres8qa.jpg

Great video! Thanks! I love that the studio audience was so into the performance. I hate seeing U2 perform on TV shows here in the states and the studio audience just sits there quietly like they're watching a string quartet.

Plus, I now know that the German word for buffering is 'pufferung'.

Okay, I just watched 'Vertigo' and Bono started to pull on his shirt like he was going to do the shirt-rip thing but then did not do it! Bono - it's not nice to tease like that!

Last edited:
Yeah, some people of the big German U2 Forum u2tour.de were there and they obviously kind of rocked the house there! :wink:

I liked the performances though his voice was definately not at its best. The day earlier I was in Gelsenkirchen at the second european show and it was much much better (he must have been somewhat exhausted after the night in Gelsenkirchen, I don't know... :wink: )

Edit: If anybody knows how to download a stream or could do that for those 2-3 short clips, I'd be very grateful!!!

Last edited:
Did anyone know how much they got for this appearance? I know, you don't talk about money, but this would be interesting because it was the first appearence ever in German TV! I've seen it with a friend of mine (who is unfortunatelly NO U2 fan - but she survived) I thought it was cool!

And by the way: TV Total is NO Premium Television like Stefan (Raab - host) said! :D

Everlastinglove said:
Did anyone know how much they got for this appearance? I know, you don't talk about money, but this would be interesting because it was the first appearence ever in German TV!

If I knew anything about how much money they make, I would talk about it. :D

mmh i'm german so i might be able to help you but i can't post the direct links to the streams..don't have 15 posts yet :huh:

Here´s the archive of TV Total

go to the homepage, click at Show on the left side, then Showarchiv and click U2 at 13.06.2005

click on the little camera in the pix

For non german speakers:

- Deutschlandpremiere U2 Live = City of blinding Lights

- U2 im Talk = The Interview

- U2 Live zum Zweiten = Vertigo

Back
Top Bottom