U2 Movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daisybean

Rock n' Roll Doggie, FOB
Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eye
Okay, I don't know if this has come up before but I was wondering this on my way home from work.

If they were to make a movie about the career of U2, which actors do you think they should get to play our boys?

I think

Larry: Brad Pitt
Adam: George Clooney (simply because they have the same hair)
Edge: Can't think of anyone at the moment
Bono: Ben Stiller (he does an awesome impression)

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

Larry- I agree with you on Brad.
Adam- Billy Bob Thornton (For some reason, I see a slight resemblence, but I have no idea why)
Edge- Russell Crowe (If Russell shaves his hair, he might look like the Edge).
Bono- Gotta go with Ben Stiller.

Actually, I think I would go with some as yet undiscovered phenomenal actors who we could really believe WERE U2, you know?

Plus I'm all about indie spirit!
biggrin.gif

------------------
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Originally posted by hippyactress:
Actually, I think I would go with some as yet undiscovered phenomenal actors who we could really believe WERE U2, you know?

Plus I'm all about indie spirit!
biggrin.gif

Good point, hippy, but I would love to see Brad's Moobs.

------------------
Daisy

Originally posted by daisybean:
Okay, I don't know if this has come up before but I was wondering this on my way home from work.

If they were to make a movie about the career of U2, which actors do you think they should get to play our boys?

I think

Larry: Brad Pitt
Adam: George Clooney (simply because they have the same hair)
Bono: Ben Stiller (he does an awesome impression)
Good question! I like yours(and everyone's) choices. I could see Ed Norton playing Edge, he's such an awesome actor!

------------------
Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the windows.

For some reason, I keep thinking that I could see Ewan McGregor as a young Bono, especially after seeing Moulin Rouge. He's kinda short, he's got blue eyes and he sure can sing... POP Bono kinda reminds me of Trainspotting Ewan, probably the haircut, or lack of hair actually... And seeing Ewan in the tight leather pants would be an added bonus
wink.gif

I haven't seen Ben Stiller's impression but he kinda looks like an ape or some kinda of monkey-related species. Something about the way he walk, his body language, I dunno...
He's really funny though, just not that attractive.

Matt Damon would make a good Larry, or maybe that guy from the new Star Wars movie. Edward Norton as Edge would be great, though after seeing the Billy Bob thread I do see some ressemblance, j/k. For Adam I have no idea...

don?t use cheap knock-offs!!
biggrin.gif

Adam - as himself
Larry - as himself
Edge - as himself
Bono - as himself

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Originally posted by AM:

Adam - as himself
Larry - as himself
Edge - as himself
Bono - as himself

Yes, I agree! Ben Stiller = yuck! He looks like an ape. The only time I could bear to look at him was in "Heavyweights" where he played a sadistic counselor to fat little boys. I hated his part, but his hair was gorgeous- and it disgused those HIDEOUS apelike ears of his and took attention from his disgusting looking teeth and mouth. Otherwise, Ben Stiller is GROSS with a capital G. Don't insult my Bono!

I have always thought, I mean since 1985 when I saw him in the "North and South" TV miniseries, that he reminded me of Bono. Yes, I was already hot for Bono at that point and he was on my mind. Now I think after all these years, he actually looks more like older Bono than 1985 Bono, yet at the time the resemblance was there!

Swayze in North and South- his most Bono-like

brettwed.JPG

orrysoldier.JPG

madeline.JPG

Swayze as the Fly

swayze2.jpg

Swayze as older Bono

letters.jpg

as young Bono

039_35203.jpg

with long hair

swayze_patrick_160.jpg

------------------
"I DO go on, don't I?"-Bono, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001

POP Bono should be played by Robin Williams, he looks just like him in Popeye and Kill Smoochy *lol*

One more of Patrick Swayze as politicing Bono in a suit
biggrin.gif

patrick_swayze.JPG

Even though I couldn't find a pic that shows them good enough, Patrick also has the same color eyes as Bono, and he gets the same look in them when he's acting.

------------------
"I DO go on, don't I?"-Bono, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001

I think

i think that richard gere looks alot like edgie, he even has little eyes like edgies!
LuJuna_richard.jpg

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
lost on a silent planet
two lone, rising stars
locked in a silent planet
so close and yet so far...

[This message has been edited by sparkys girl (edited 04-04-2002).]

Guys, Bono (esp. Rattle and Hum Bono) needs to be played by Daniel Day Lewis ala Last of the Mohicans. ::drool::

Cheryl

------------------
You don't have to be Henry Kissenger to figure out that a more prosperous world is a more secure world; a more educated world is a more tolerant world; and a more healthy world is a more stable world, and I think that would be a fitting memorial to those who lost their lives on Sept. 11th. ~Bono on Leno, Thanksgiving 2001

Oooh, here's another idea for "older" Bono:
Gabriel Byrne. He's got style, class, dark wavy hair and that certain Irish 'je ne sais quoi'. Also, he's friends with Bono so he's bound to have had some Bononess rubbed off on him
wink.gif
And he's a great actor to boot...

But Ewan's still my first choice coz of them leather pants he'd have to wear
wink.gif

Good point, hippy, but I would love to see Brad's Moobs.

he DOES have nice moobs...

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

Ok, this is a little off the wall but.....
Larry: Dolph Lundgren

Bono: Stuart Townsend *drooool*

Edge: gotta go with Gere

Adam: Mel Gibson

Originally posted by AM:
biggrin.gif

Adam - as himself
Larry - as himself
Edge - as himself
Bono - as himself

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

HERE HERE!!! I agree.
And I am sorry, but I heartily disagree with George Clooney OR Billy Bob as adam. Haircuts come and go...so we should pick QUALITY ACTORS not some cheap ass male floosies.

------------------
***ALOTWU***

Yes, but Kristie George Clooney is a sexy cheap ass male model floosie.
wink.gif

Him in tight rubber made "Batman and Robin" only slightly watchable, the rest of the movie was garbage

------------------
Daisy

Originally posted by Sicy:
333%3B258323232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E232329%3B3557%3C%3Aot1lsi

like wim wenders would use an all american cast in his movie.

------------------
id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

This is so funny!!!!

Bono:patrick Swayze

Edge: Richard Gere

Larry: Jean-Claude Van Damme (humina humina)

Adam:Adam's unique nobody even remotely looks like him!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom