U2 look after their own

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A very sweet article. :yes:

...but damn, they make 'em work a looooong time!!! :wink:

(j/k, j/k!)

However, they can now expect a handsome return from the property market. After purchasing the house for IRPounds 35,000, they can expect in the region of EUR 775,000 for the sale of the house today about 17 times the original price.
Why does it say "however"? (my emphasis above) Does it take away from their generosity that they're making an incidental profit? Is the article suggesting that they planned all this when they bought the house?

Pfft. Newspapers. :tsk:

It was a lovely thing they did, and typical of what we know of the band. Good one guys. :up: :heart:

Aww what a wonderful thing to do! One of the many reasons why I love U2!! :heart:

On another note, I wonder if U2 need a another book keeper? :hmm: I'm seriously thinking of going to Ireland to do my accounting internship, and a job with U2 would be a dream come true!!:hyper:

Last edited:
:scratch:

Somehow it doesn't add up.

How can this woman have worked for the band when she was in her 50's?
She moved into that house and lived there till after she retired (and kept quiet about it all)

YET, she died last october at the age of 82.
She moved in in 1993, (14 years ago in 2007), so at the age of 68...??

As musicians they're one of the best bands ever, some of the most creative people on the world, but these things are what make the difference, Thanks for posting the article.

greety said:

She moved into that house and lived there till after she retired (and kept quiet about it all)

Point. :scratch:

One would also have assumed by 68 she'd already be retired. :huh:

greety said:

journalists often get their facts wrong, so it shouldnt come as a suprise when something doesnt add up.

It doesn't say she necessarily worked for them in her 50s. It said she went back to work in her 50s. They weren't necessarily the first people she worked for. She would've turned 50 in 1975, and still would've been in her 50s until 1985. It actually adds up perfectly, as the article says she came to work for them at Windmill lane when they were up and coming, which would've been the early 80s. But apparently she didn't need a new house until1993, when she was 68. And the band pulled through for her :)

Back
Top Bottom