U2: London

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waynetravis

Blue Crack Supplier
We arrived in London just after 12pm and went to hotel... blah blah blah.

We arrived at Abbey Road at about 6pm.
when we go there, there was some peope fans sat outside the studio waiting.

took acouple of pics of some of the messages on the wall, i glanced at one "U2 are the most beautiful..." and i moved onto the next message.
when i was standing and talking to my dad, i looked at the message again and realised it was written by Rohena (U2 Beginner)!!

we started to mingle with the others fans, and realise that som of them were Interferers!! (i've forgo your names, sorry!)
we asked what time they will be coming out of th studio and they said that they won't be out for a while.
so we decided to wait around.

Brian, one of the security guys, come over and talked to us and said that once they go into the studio they stay there, but he said that if he sees Bono he would ask him to come out

it got to about 9.30 and still no sight of them, and a few more people started to gather, and i met Digsy!!

there was movment in the carpark, the silver Mercs where being shuffled around and we all stood against the wall watching. it came to about 9.45 and there was some activity in the reception. through the windo you could see people and someone shouted "here comes Bono!!!"

i ran up to the wall and had a perferct view of the door. a few seconds later Bono is walking down the stairs!!
i took some pics but they was dark, he walked up to the fence to sign pics, he was right in front of me.
i tried to give him my Joshua Tree album to sign but walk past me to sign others, an Brian took the album off me and handed it to Bono and he signed it!!!

DSCF0250.jpg

DSCF0252.jpg

DSCF0253.jpg

Bono is so cool in person!!!
he was really nice to people, talking and laughing with everyone.
someone asked when the album will be out and Bono said "Sooner than you think!" :ohmy:

to be continued.....

On Thursday, we went back to studio.
when we got there is was about 12pm and U2 had not yet arrived.

my brother di'nt want to stand around waiting so he, my dad and my other brother went sight seeing instead, and my mum and me decided to stay.

i was sat on the floor talking to my mum and out the corner of my eye i see someone walking towards me with her hands out, i looked up and noticed it was Wild and Jem!!
we was talking for a bit and then this guy comes out of nowhere and starts handing out U2 guitar picks, he was wearing a U2 jacket i looked and i realised it was Edge's guitar tech-guy, Dallas!!!

we waited around looking out for silver Mercs and a van pulled up onto the pavement unloading U2's equipment boxes!!

at 2.30pm a car pulled into the driveway and we all stood against the wall to see who it was.
the door opened and Edge came out!!!
but he was on his cell phone.
he stood on the steps talking for a few minutes.

DSCF0275.jpg

when he finished he turned around and smiled and walked over.

DSCF0291.jpg

he stood looking at us all and said "I'll start at this end first"

everyone handed him pics to sign.
i had my JT album and a Music Rising shirt ready.
he walk over to me and i said "can you sign me shirt" and he look and said "absolutely"
he signed both my album and shirt!!

after he signed for everyone he said thanks and waved as he walked into the studio.

about 10mins after Edge came another car pulled into the carpark and Rick Rubin came out and walked to the gate and signed a few things.

DSCF0304.jpg

a black Merc arrived soon after and some said this is Adam's car.

DSCF0308.jpg

Adam was totally cool!!
he signed my JT album and i said thanks and he looked and said "you're welcome!"
i got my camera out and he stood looking at me while i was taking a pic

DSCF0313.jpg

Larry was next to arrive.
his car pulled into the carpark and he got out, waved and walked into the studio

DSCF0315.jpg

everyone shouted at him to come over!!!

Bono's car arrived and his assitant and security came out.
there was a courier on a motorbike who was standing infront of the car door and everyone shouted at him and told him to move!!
he just look at us and was like "WTF??"

Bono walk to us and said that he can't stay long.

DSCF0319.jpg

DSCF0321.jpg

i'll post the next part soon
sorry if these are too long :reject:

on the night-time Brian said that Bono will be leaving early because he had and Armani show to goto.

when it came to about 8pm the cars started move around in the carpark
we could see movement in the reception and i saw Adam walking out in a suit and he waved and he said he can't stop he was in a hurry.

Bono walked out in a suit a few minutes later and he waved. his security said he wont come to the fence.
but Bono went round his car past the security and came to us.
he said "i'm running late for a meeting with Mister Armani, but i''l be back in about an hour and a half"
someone asked if he could shake his hand, and he did i put put my hand out as did other people but he just waved and went to his car.

Edge's car arrived and Morliegh came out and went inside.

10mins later, Larry came out, and he looked like he was goig to his car, but he walked to us!
he was signing pics and someone (autograph dealer) asked him to sign and Larry said no.

DSCF0348.jpg

he signed my album.
he shook hands with some people and i put my hand out, and before he signed for me he was given a thank you card.
when i put my hand out he handed me the card and i held onto it and Larry stood there for a few seconds and said "nope, hang on, i want that and you need this".......... he handed me Wild's pen instead!!

on Friday we went to Waterstones bookstore
first off we went to the wrong store! we was on Oxford Street, we need the one near Picadilly Circus.
we had to walk quickly down Regent Street through the pouring rain.
and it was approaching 2pm and "i said it was too late now we've missed them."
but my mum said we could still go and buy the book.

when we got to the store there was a big display sign in the window.
and we went inside the other entrance was still blocked off with a railing, out the other door i could see a silver car.
U2 was still in the store!!!

i waited for them to come down the elevator, they was on the 4th floor.
at 3pm the elevator started to move down and the doors opened.
Edge walk out first followed by Adam and they waved, Larry did'nt even look he just went quickly out.
Bono walked out and wave and said goodbye.

DSCF0352.jpg

they went out the exit and there was some people outside but it was raining and they just went into their cars and left.
5 seconds after Bono walked out the store, the fire alarm went off :lol:

we left the store and went to the other exit to see them.
when we got there, the cars had already gone.
there was a silver mini-bus and inside was loads of suitcases, so i think they was heading to the airport.

in 3 days i saw Edge, Larry and Adam 3 times and saw Bono 4 times.

when we got home my dad asked "was the trip worth it?" and i said it was worth it the second i saw Bono walk out of the studio on Wednesday night.

Last edited:
Oh loving your accounts and photos of meeting the guys! :hyper: Especially that pic of Adam, he looks so sweet!! :drool: And Larry also came over to sign your JT album?!? :ohmy: Oh wow, I'm dying with envy here!! Larry is the only member who's managed to elude me so far!!! :wink: Have you any idea how much longer U2 will be in London? :hmm:

Last edited:
OMG Wayne!!!! :combust: I'm totally freaking out for you!!!!! :faint: That is so so so so so so so so so cool!:happy: I'm so happy for you! :hug:

My mom's freaking out, and she doesn't even know you! :lol:

We're praying that we'll be at the NYC book signing on Tuesday :hyper:

waynetravis said:

Bono is so cool in person!!!
he was really nice to people, talking and laughing with everyone.
someone asked when the album will be out and Bono said "Sooner than you think!" :ohmy:

to be continued.....

:ohmy:

circa1992 said:
OMG Wayne!!!! :combust: I'm totally freaking out for you!!!!! :faint: That is so so so so so so so so so cool!:happy: I'm so happy for you! :hug:

My mom's freaking out, and she doesn't even know you! :lol:

We're praying that we'll be at the NYC book signing on Tuesday :hyper:

Me too!!!!

Ok, just because it's you...

Here's a big hug, I'm so happy you met them, I told you you would :yes: :hug:

Love the pics and video..

Rock on, dude!! :rockon:

:hyper:
congrats wayne!!! WHAT A fantastic time!

and that 3/4's Bono photo with the "star" glancing off his sunglasses near is eye...with smile is wonderful!!

can you possible lighten up some of the darkest areas {ie in photoshop]?in that one?

reallty great ! {will print out} :D :drool:

Back
Top Bottom