U2 Interview: Jonathon Ross

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't see much point in posting photos if you aren't allowed to comment on them or discuss them...isn't that the purpose of the community that is PLEBA? I don't see anything wrong or nauseating about saying that a performer gives me an adrenaline rush.

I kinda curse the day I learnt how to make caps... :|

Last edited:
Pretty funny guy, even when he is not trying....

"very wock and woll!"

:lol:

Miroslava said:
I kinda curse the day I learn how to make caps... :|

:hug: Ah don't worry about it.

I really don't think the comments were that terrible. There are other threads (not just in this forum) that are way worse. Why suddenly is this one so bad out of all the others? Is it because the comments were directed towards Bono? Would it be fine if the comments were about Larry or Adam? I'm not trying to argue but I don't get why it's suddenly a problem now and with this thread?
:confused:

Last edited:
Miroslava said:
I kinda curse the day I learnt how to make caps... :|

No, please don't Miroslava. Keep them coming. I enjoy them, as I'm sure everyone else does. I'm not having a go at you or your caps. :hug:

I'm not trying to chide people for drooling. I'm only refering to the over the top remarks.

If people cannot differentiate between what is appropriate and what sounds like completely oestrogen induced spasms then theres little I can do.

peace

arw9797 said:
It seems like just about every thread in pleba lately somehow turns into a "Bono is hot" thread.

It's gotten old really fast and I suspect it's only going to get worse with all of the new pictures and news for the upcoming tour.

Even a thread dedicated to one of the other band members (there are 3 other guys in the band people!) gets turned into a thread all about Bono and how hot people think he is.

Personally Bono is my favorite singer in the world but it ends with that. I don't appreciate opening up a thread where I think I'm going to find new pictures or news and then having to weed through all of the comments about Bono's looks....

:up:

You really don't know what kind of reputation Pleba has outside of interference. And trust me on this one, it's not pretty. :tsk:

Am I the only one who thinks the reputation of one part of one forum, whether good or bad, and caring about it, is kind of silly?

:lmao: :huh:

Everyone take a step back and realize how NOT serious this is :wink:

Siren said:
Why suddenly is this one so bad out of all the others? Is it because the comments were directed towards Bono? Would it be fine if the comments were about Larry or Adam? I'm not trying to argue but I don't get why it's suddenly a problem now and with this thread?

This thread is no worse than the others. Its just the straw that broke this particular camels back.

It doesnt make any difference if its Bono, Adam, Larry or The Edge. Although it is usually about Bono.

peace

ultrraviolette said:
Am I the only one who thinks the reputation of one part of one forum, whether good or bad, and caring about it, is kind of silly?

:lmao: :huh:

Everyone take a step back and realize how NOT serious this is :wink:

Yes it is silly. How can one part of a forum have a bad reputation? What kind of a reputation should a forum have? :huh:

Siren said:

:hugs: Ah don't worry about it.

I really don't think the comments were that terrible. There are other threads (not just in this forum) that are way worse. Why suddenly is this one so bad out of all the others? Is it because the comments were directed towards Bono? Would it be fine if the comments were about Larry or Adam? I'm not trying to argue but I don't get why it's suddenly a problem now and with this thread?

The comments to stop making all of the comments just happened to be in this thread...and yes I would be irritated if it was about any of the guys and not just Bono. So no...for me it's not this thread and no the comments are not as bad as some of the other threads. It's just where it was brought up in and it's something I've noticed a lot lately and I'm tired of it, as are a lot of other people around here. Of course comments can and should be allowed for the pictures but why have to go on and on and turn just about every thread into a chat thread about how hot X band member is? Insert any band members name where X is. I don't care who's being talking about....

arw9797 said:

The comments to stop making all of the comments just happened to be in this thread...and yes I would be irritated if it was about any of the guys and not just Bono. So no...for me it's not this thread and no the comments are not as bad as some of the other threads. It's just where it was brought up in and it's something I've noticed a lot lately and I'm tired of it, as are a lot of other people around here. Of course comments can and should be allowed for the pictures but why have to go on and on and turn just about every thread into a chat thread about how hot X band member is? Insert any band members name where X is. I don't care who's being talking about....

Then why do you keep reading the comments? :| I'm not trying to be argumentative; I barely post anything on these threads beyond a smile or a word or two.

If the comments are in the confines of the rules set out for the forum, then it is up to you to censor what you read, isn't it?

Can I be blunt? Thanks, I will.

I really don't want to read other peoples sexual fantasys. If I wanted to do that I would read the fanfiction section.

peace

beli said:
Can I be blunt? Thanks, I will.

I really don't want to read other peoples sexual fantasys. If I wanted to do that I would read the fanfiction section.

peace

I agree. There's a big difference between saying that Bono has aged well, and is looking hot, and saying that you want to throw him against a wall and shag him, or that you're so upset over someone's good fortune to be bitten by him, etc.

Where does it say in this thread that someone wanted to throw anyone against a wall and shag them?! Or being whatever about someone else's concert experience?! I could understand a problem/issue with that certainly...but it's not here in this thread.

Last edited:
This is going nowhere fast. It was meant as a "hey, please be considerate and tone it down a bit, thanks".

If my words are not reaching your ears there's not a lot I can do.

peace.

ultrraviolette said:

Then why do you keep reading the comments? :| I'm not trying to be argumentative; I barely post anything on these threads beyond a smile or a word or two.

If the comments are in the confines of the rules set out for the forum, then it is up to you to censor what you read, isn't it?

I understand what you're saying because I've often felt like that too in other area's of the forum. But it's kind of hard to avoid the "he's so hot" comments when they are all over the place. I've been coming to Pleba for a long time and most threads in the past few years have not been like that. I could open up a thread and there would be a discussion about the pictures but now it's all the same damn talk about how "hot" someone is. It's in every thread lately. The comments are really taking over the place and Pleba hasn't been like this for the time I've been here. I've been here officially for 2 years, 3 if you count the year I lurked but wasn't registered. I don't think I've ever seen this many threads turn into a thread about Bono's looks. I don't post all that much around Pleba anymore but there was a time when I spent most of my Interference time in Pleba. The comments are driving people away. I talk to a lot of people outside of the walls of Interference and I'm not the only one that feels this way. I didn't even start this conversation but I'm glad someone finally did.

You can't see that it's hard to get through a thread to the pictures or other conversations other than "he's so hot" ???

arw9797 said:

I understand what you're saying because I've often felt like that too in other area's of the forum. But it's kind of hard to avoid the "he's so hot" comments when they are all over the place. I've been coming to Pleba for a long time and most threads in the past few years have not been like that. I could open up a thread and there would be a discussion about the pictures but now it's all the same damn talk about how "hot" someone is. It's in every thread lately. The comments are really taking over the place and Pleba hasn't been like this for the time I've been here. I've been here officially for 2 years, 3 if you count the year I lurked but wasn't registered. I don't think I've ever seen this many threads turn into a thread about Bono's looks. I don't post all that much around Pleba anymore but there was a time when I spent most of my Interference time in Pleba. The comments are driving people away. I talk to a lot of people outside of the walls of Interference and I'm not the only one that feels this way. I didn't even start this conversation but I'm glad someone finally did.

You can't see that it's hard to get through a thread to the pictures or other conversations other than "he's so hot" ???

Once again, agreed. I've been here for 2 years, and it was NOT like this. :|

starsgoblue said:
Where does it say in this thread that someone wanted to throw anyone against a wall and shag them?! Or being whatever about someone else's concert experience?! I could understand a problem/issue with that certainly...but it's not here in this thread.

The point is, that it's everywhere, and some of us are getting sick of it. :(

Maybe the difference is between married PLEBAns and singles? :shrug:

This point might be more appropriate in other threads other than this one because I really feel this is quite harmless compared to others...

Anyways, regardless...the point has been taken by all present and I'm sure efforts will be made to try and make this place an enviroment everyone can enjoy.

I must admit, I am surprised by what some people feel comfortable sharing in a forum such as this. I agree with the underlying message of what you guys are saying. I help run a message board for an actor and a lot of what gets verbalized here would not be allowed in the general board (for that we have a closed area for a few trusted members, and that is truly a scary place which I avoid like the plague... hee)

In here, I hardly go beyond the drooly smiley or two when commenting on posts. Am not even much of a picture poster... I guess I am just bummed that the first thread I open and my most significant "contribution" to this place ended up turning into this :sad:

I know it is not directed at me OR this thread in particular, so no worries on that, but still :(

Last edited:
Moderators moderate the forums, not members.

Everyone has freedom to voice their opinion or thoughts within the confines of the rules set forth by this site.

Period.

starsgoblue said:
Maybe the difference is between married PLEBAns and singles? :shrug:

This point might be more appropriate in other threads other than this one because I really feel this is quite tame compared to others...

Anyways, regardless...the point has been taken by all present and I'm sure efforts will be made to try and make this place an enviroment everyone can enjoy.

I'm not married and I don't see what you mean by that comment. Most of the people I talk to about this aren't married either.

I think you are TOTALLY missing the point. I'll say it again...IT'S NOT THIS PARTICULAR THREAD! It was brougt up by someone in this thread that probably opened up the thread to find new pictures and/or news and saw a comment and decided to speak up about the endless comments. You're right. This thread is quite tame compared to others but it's the "others" that are out of control.

ultrraviolette said:
Moderators moderate the forums, not members.

Everyone has freedom to voice their opinion or thoughts within the confines of the rules set forth by this site.

Period.

And the rules are:

Graphic sexual comments about the band in general will not be allowed.

Back
Top Bottom