U2-inspired pic up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I didn't know where on earth to post this since it's both personal and U2-oriented. I just put my latest pic on my site, and this pic, unlike the others, is directly U2-inspired. It's called "Starshine" and it represents the band as a whole as the "imperfect star", meaning that they're human beings like the rest of us, but special ones nonetheless, for their talent and humanitarian orientation. The others are involved in many charities also, they're just not as public as Bono. You'll notice my explanation of the pic on the site doesn't get into this. The people I work with at the studio aren't U2 fans, and they already know I'm autistic or they wouldn't have me because all of their artists are autistic. They're not U2 fans, and I can't explain to non-U2 fans why I'm a fan. They do know I'm a fan, they accept that, but they don't understand U2 obsession. I'm going to be allowed to take time off to go to shows and all of that jazz, so it's not a problem for me. I did it for another U2 fan. I know some of you are interested in some of my pix. Perhaps we can make arrangements with the cards as they'd be the easiest to send. The UPS regulations for sending these things are a damn nightmare, they can't be over 130 inches in circumference. . :censored: :censored: I'll try to get some card pix on the site as soon as I make some more.

Last edited:
Verte, it's beautiful! You have incredible talent. Thank you so much for sharing your work with us. :hug:

Thanks. Just to clarify, it's also true that the pic was inspired by the African Well Fund. I've had the pleasure of working with all of the AWF people, and they are stars too, they're great to work with, very special people. But our original inspiration for founding the AWF was Bono's trip to Africa with Paul O'Neill. When they showed that on MTV we found out that wells weren't very expensive in Africa and they were desperately needed because so many of those people don't even have clean water. Clean water is a human right, dammit! Some of the most committed people in the AWF have jobs, spouses, kids, and God knows what else, and they work hard as hell getting water to these people. So they are really special, too, God knows how many hours they've put into the site and all of the various fundraising activities.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom