U2 in Virginia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallDownJulie

General purpose wench
ok, it's JUST a rumor, but has anyone else heard about a charity concert they may be a part of in Northern VA this spring? I'm just now reading saturday's Washington Post and in an article about Afghan Americans, it says they are working on several projects right now to help rebuild their homeland, and one of them is that they have:

"called or written to U2, the Dixie Chicks, and Sting, inviting them to what they hope will be a two-day spring charity concert in Northern Virginia."

anyone know anything about this?

3337388323232%7Ffp3%3C%3Dot%3E2326%3D3%3A5%3D7%3B8%3DXROQDF%3E232327%3A66%3A282ot1lsi

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

If so, it'll be time to make my annual pilgrimmage to see the family...

I could drive that in 2 hours he he he....want me to pick you and Mona up?
wink.gif

It's just a rumor now, that's all I heard. If you find out more please post!
smile.gif

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
I could drive that in 2 hours he he he....want me to pick you and Mona up?
wink.gif

It's just a rumor now, that's all I heard. If you find out more please post!
smile.gif

yea, baby! lol!
smile.gif

i hope i hope i hope i hope i hope it's truuuuuue!!!!! and i'll give you more info if i find anything out, but i rarely stumble upon these things, that's why i posted incase anyone else had news to share
smile.gif

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

The Fly: *looking at Edge* Did you have a dictionary for breakfast or something?
(MPS)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

Okay! If it does materialize into reality we are SOOOO there! I can't wait!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I read that article too, but have heard nothing else. I'll be there if it pans out.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:

Can the PLEBA girls come along too?
Caravan! Road Trip!

PLEBA road trip--OMG--could be dangerous!

I'm worried about the "charity" part of the rumour. Charity usually means "unaffordable". Or am I confusing "charity" with "benefit"?

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:

I'm worried about the "charity" part of the rumour. Charity usually means "unaffordable". Or am I confusing "charity" with "benefit"?

I think you're confusing "charity" with "benefit".
smile.gif
I think it will be nice, normal prices. Considering it's a two day festival type thing, apparently.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Originally posted by On The Edge:
I think you're confusing "charity" with "benefit".
smile.gif
I think it will be nice, normal prices. Considering it's a two day festival type thing, apparently.

*sigh*

That's even worse--2-day festival means a whole lotta discomfort. Hell, basically. Ack, I'm old!

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:

*sigh*

That's even worse--2-day festival means a whole lotta discomfort. Hell, basically. Ack, I'm old!

I know whatcha mean, but remember the GA lines! It can't be any worse than suffering homelesslike on the sidewalk for 12+ hours LOL!

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 02-20-2002).]

wow. I was lurkin around Pleba for something interesting and I see this. This would rock, It would be so close to my house I am guessing.

All you nice Pleba ladies could leave stuff at my house and convince my roommate to bring food all day long as we wait in line.

Wow this would be awesome.

Doooods!! That is only like a 10 hour drive away from Toronto. Anyone want to carpool with me???

(And I am dead serious, if this is really happening. I am in U2 withdrawel!!)

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

I'll be on my way from Ohio if thing happens !!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

*crosses fingers and hopes*

------------------
She's ellipical
Also political
All so spritual
Not superficial......

Luray? That's more like western, I love the mountains! I was there last summer and went to the caverns. I'm near the Hampton Coliseum where U2 came for UF, JT, and ZOOTV! I wish they'd come back but I guess the venue is too small and run down now. It's okay, I don't mind a U2 road trip!

That's so cool!! The Caverns are amazing. Did you get to see the maze? I know it might sound a little corny, but it's incredible. It took me and a bunch of friends about an hour to get out of it. Anyway, I recommend it!!

:wave:

I love Luray Caverns. When we were there, they said if water dropped on you from one of the formations above, you were a special person chosen for greatness. It dripped on my son but not the rest of us:shrug: Oh well maybe one great person in the family will have to do as long as it comes with money.

Did any of you tour the antique car museum? It's really cool, it has cars and even buggies over 100 years old!

jammy.....you mean to virginia and this charity gig? *points at date of the thread* o_o

Back
Top Bottom