U2 in the August 2006 issue of Record Collector

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcbiggs2002

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Haven't seen this edition posted anywhere here yet, so I thought I'd scan and post the issue I just bought for anyone who might be interested....

RC2006Cover.jpg

RCpage1.jpg

Thanks so much for those great scans hcb. That was fun looking thru all that neat stuff. Dang, I don't own any of that! Thanks again! :)

I only own 2 vinyls so far... Boy LP and a an old 45 single of Pride with a cool pic of them on the sleeve and MLK on the other side of the sleeve. I really want to get some more tho.

Wow that was awsome HC! thank for scanning everything. I have absolutely nothing on that list and I have alot of original LP's and 45s. :huh: Everything looks like imports.

The Zooropa/Stay Australian box is worth £100 now??? Bought that in France 11 years ago for approx. $25... :hmm: Also have the black Numb (also has appreciated VERY nicely), and all the JT Collection singles (alas w/o misprint and box...). Also have a Pop press kit but it's US (got one for free at the K-Mart press con), still has most of the stuff in it... :hmm: again

Last edited:
Wow, interesting list. Thanks for posting that. Maybe I'll write to Santa this year. :wink:

bonocomet said:
I've got a Best of 1990-2000 Press Kit... no big deal on that one though. :rolleyes:

I think it is a big deal:yes: have the best of 1980 - 1990 and I love it.

Very cool scans HC:up:

I know I'm late, but I still wanted to say:

Thank you for the lovely scans, hcbiggs2002!!!

I saw the magazine up for auction on Ebay and couldn't help thinking: I'd love to read that article and see what the u2 top 60 is.

Of course, knowing full well I wouldn't own any of it.

So I was thrilled to discover you had posted scans of it here!

That is until I got to #53.
That one was for sale in a local music store for $25.
And I knew it was worth more than $25.
Because I think I checked the price on atu2.com when I had seen it on Ebay before that.
But I thought : $25 is quite a lot for a record I can't even play.
'Cause I don't have a record player.
And I was also thinking that it could have easily been a fake.
So I left it hanging there.
Thinking maybe I'll buy it next time, I come here.
When of course, it wasn't there anymore.

But then I moved to the right and saw the picture for #56.
And it looked awfully familiar.
'Cause I had gone to a record store here in town (last Saturday) I had never been before to see if they had any special u2 records.
The only 7" I could find was the WOWY promo.
I was kinda disappointed.
As I already own the Austrian WOWY cd-single, the normal 7" WOWY single + another WOWY promo.
It didn't have a price on it.
So I brought it to the counter and the man of the store looked at it and said: that'll be 2 dollars.
Alright, I thought.
With WOWY being your all time favorite u2 song, you can't not buy it if it's only two dollars.

Anyway, I see the picture in your scan and read what it says at #56.
US 7" mispressing on translucent brown/copper vinyl.
Oh, nevermind.
Mine is black, is what goes through my mind.
But it won't hurt to check.
So I'm sitting on my bed.
Next to the window.
And as soon as I get the vinyl out of the pink sleeve, I can tell it's not black (which is how it looked in the store) at all.
I hold it in front of me and it's translucent brown/copper indeed.
Can you believe it!!!
I sure couldn't.
I was so surprised.
But what a nice surprise!!!

I don't have any of those things, but I was never into collection. Although I did work at a record store in the early 80s, and may have seen a couple of those things pass through. That U2 shaped picture disc looks awfully familiar. We're digging around now to see if we have one :shifty:

thanks for posting the pics & article hcbiggs :yes:

and nice find Miri :up:

UPDATE!!!
I just found that I have #18 - the U2 Shaped Picture Disc! I can almost swear that there HAD to be more than 50 copies of this made - that just doesn't sound right, especially the way imports were released back in the day, and how many we might have been able to obtain to sell at the store. But if it's really worth 750L (I don't know the keystroke for the pound sign), then :shocked: (and do I have any offers! :lol: )

Last edited:
Is there a place to find out the value of a double LP Pic Disc on Ghenos Records? (obviously "unofficial") It's either called 'President' or 'U4'. 21 tracks. Sides U1, U2, and U3 are recorded live during the USA Tour '83. U4 recorded live on Hammersmith Palace 84 :hmm:

Miringeltje said:

I saw the magazine up for auction on Ebay and couldn't help thinking: I'd love to read that article and see what the u2 top 60 is.

That is until I got to #53.
That one was for sale in a local music store for $25.
And I knew it was worth more than $25.
Because I think I checked the price on atu2.com when I had seen it on Ebay before that.
But I thought : $25 is quite a lot for a record I can't even play.
'Cause I don't have a record player.
And I was also thinking that it could have easily been a fake.
So I left it hanging there.
Thinking maybe I'll buy it next time, I come here.
When of course, it wasn't there anymore.

'Cause I had gone to a record store here in town (last Saturday) I had never been before to see if they had any special u2 records.
As I already own the Austrian WOWY cd-single, the normal 7" WOWY single + another WOWY promo.
So I brought it to the counter and the man of the store looked at it and said: that'll be 2 dollars.
Alright, I thought.
With WOWY being your all time favorite u2 song, you can't not buy it if it's only two dollars.

Oh, nevermind.
Next to the window.
And as soon as I get the vinyl out of the pink sleeve, I can tell it's not black (which is how it looked in the store) at all.
Can you believe it!!!
I sure couldn't.
I was so surprised.

:ohmy:!!

:hmm: i think i need to pay a visit a record store now...

Miringeltje said:

Alright, I thought.

Oh, nevermind.
Next to the window.
Can you believe it!!!
I sure couldn't.
I was so surprised.

So you found #56 for only $2?!? :ohmy: The owner of the record shop obviously had no idea of it's true value!?! :shrug: I'm going to have to look around some of the old record shops here and see if I can find any hidden treasures! :sexywink: Glad everyone enjoyed the scans!!:D

Back
Top Bottom