U2 Groupies?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonoFox1

Blue Crack Supplier
Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back agai
Last night I was watching Vh1All Access to Groupies...

Some girls go all out to not only meet their favorite band members
some want to physically be with them.....Groupies are now mostly known as the girls who sleep or have slept/been with a bandmember...I had a bad experience w/this that I don't like to apply the word to myself...Between U2 concerts my friend and I go and see a local Irish Rock band and have for the past 3 years
everytime they are in town...My friend likes the lead singer and i think the guitarist is kind of cute...The guys know us already cause they see us everytime they are in town...We want nothing from then but to say hi and chat a bit..One time the guitarist told us that is cool that you girls come and see us. and I said yeah, we are groupies...he smirked and leaned in to ask me "which one of the guys have you slept with?.....I frowned and said no we are fans!..oh he replied cocking an eyebrow....
Since then I did a bit of reserch and found that groupies mostly are girls who would "do anything"...
I never thought of the word like that...*ignorance*
I don't think this is the only meaning to the word
"what do you guys think?"

Without direspecting U2 bandmembers ...What have you guys gone out of your way to do to see the band/band member or have you done anything crazy to get tickets to a U2 concert?

While I might pull some crazy stunts to get tickets or meet Bono....I would never want anything more than to have him give me a peck on the cheek or hug in person. Or if in concert to dance with him or have him bite me (sounds bad but you girls know what I mean).

I respect him and Ali way too much to even try to do something inappropriate...plus we all know how much he loves her. True, Bono admits that it is tough to deal with temptation on the road, I don't think he'd be human if he said otherwise BUT he doesn't succumb and that's the difference. Most of the reason I love him as much as I do is because he is such a goodhearted man.

I should start...I think I would do something crazy to win U2 tickets or back stage passes to a U2 concert..I might try something fear factor-like not too sure abiut eating something gross cause I have a weak stomach.Or anything spider related ugh!...I still waiting to see what I would do...
Other than the usual sleep on the sidewalk at ticketmaster for U2 tickets and waiting hours to get a glimpse of U2 at hotel or award shows I havent really done anything out of the ordinary....:|

My firend and I used to call our selves U2groupies, but I don't like the word anymore after the incident w/that other band..

That is right Stars...I respect Bono and Ali *though I am jealous it's not me* I've learned to love Ali for keeping Bono grounded....

But still the Crazed fan in me wants to chat w/Bono dance w/Bono
hang out w/Bono kiss and maybe roll around on stage w/Bono:macdevil: ....you know innocent stuff:angel:

I've always been amazed that you don't hear about "groupie" stories with them like you do other bands. There used to be (I think it's gone now) this site where they had stories about all these different bands/singers and their groupies. There were none about U2. I'm not complaining but it makes you wonder?? They had to have their wild times in the past but they have a way of keeping it quiet! (Not that they were anywhere near being like a heavy metal band, mind you)

I also remember reading several years back about "Whose Gonna Ride your Wild horses" being about a groupie that one of the band members supposedly had an affair with. I always wondered which one??

Last edited:
It was probably Adam.

I love U2, but I would never sell myself out like that just to be around them. I'm sure they've never allowed any real groupies, anyway. U2 aren't exactly a sterotypical band.

yeah they dont subscribe to the regular rock star male whore thing
i mean yeah they probably love to flirt and teeter on the line but deep down
theyre too good of guys to live like that all the time with girls coming to bed with them and all.
:no:
as much as its a great fantasy to sleep with bono i could never do it because of ali! But i have no problem giving him a little kiss and a huge hug!!!!!

From what I know of U2's history There has never been something negative to say about them regarding groupies *cept for a few of Adams antics* but none the less Edge is not that type to mess around he is a true gentlemen.
Larry just loves to be admired and is a big tease *you know killing us by displaying his manly pecs*but nothing w/messing around w/ groupies...
Bono....Even though we *wish* we could we know we never will..*but we can dream:macdevil: * Bono is such a big flirt/charmer you can't help but fall head over heels for him, still he does not abuse those powers, he is very respectful and that is why I LOVE him SO much.....
Adam....well Ad did use his fame when he was younger to lead on the ladies but nothing that was scandalous...So really No one has any dirty laundry on this band...And that's a good thing:wink:

BonoFox1 said:
Bono....Even though we *wish* we could we know we never will..*but we can dream * Bono is such a big flirt/charmer you can't help but fall head over heels for him, still he does not abuse those powers, he is very respectful and that is why I LOVE him SO much.....

So true what you said. :yes:

there was no alcohol allowed backstage at concerts, and Bono and Edge aparently carried Bibles in their hand while talking to people after a concert.. this is an account of U2 from the 80's.. I think these are probably the major reasons why we don't hear stories like this because nothing probably ever happened

I always think it's a little sad that there are people who are so willing to sleep with them (I mean these crazy groupies who really are willing to go to any extent to do it), when they know they have kids and/or partners.

I'm really proud of U2 that they've never been the kind of band to take in and use 'groupies.' It's one of the things that sets them above the rest, IMO.

When all is said and done the fans respect the band and their lives. Sure we joke about what we'd like to do to Bono (and the others) but from what I've read we'd all be over the clouds if we received a hug from him or a simple kiss on the cheek. That is so wonderful!
I've read the U2 meetings threads and I can feel the joy leap off the pages (er..screen) of those who have had their moment with them. And the moment usually consists of a conversation or a picture or a hug or a kiss, etc. What they all have in common is that the contact that was had with the band was so sincere and heartfelt. They truly care for their fans and we feel it. We're all part of the U2 family and we want to be respected as much as we respect the boys.

I'm rambling now but I feel so strongly about the bonds that we all share and it starts with the band and their strong bonds.

That all said...I have to add...Bono is a flirt and a charmer and a total sweetie :wink: and he makes everyone feel good that he comes in contact with. :heart:

This is a really interesting post. And I have to say it is rather odd that you never hear or any 'negative' stuff regarding the band like you do with other bands.

I really respect them as ppl. Especially Bono and Larry being with their partners for so long. It must take a very special person to stay with someone for that long in their line of business. However.... you have to respect Ali and Ann too...they're wonderful women and obviously have something that not every woman has (apart from Bono and Larry, lol). I've been married as long as Bono and I know that if other women threw themselves at my hubby I'd be spitting feathers and would probably have been taken away in a straight jacket by now. I'm not the most forgiving person when it comes to women who go after married men, (sorry, no offence intended here, it's just the way I am) and I can't imagine the strain it must be to try to 'ignore' other women/girls. So I have to take my hat off to Ali and Ann.

At the end of the day if you can survive a long marriage with all it's ups and downs, problems and disagreements, I think you've been a very lucky person and I feel that Bono especially is extremely lucky to have one such as Ali.

Also, I have to thank Ali for keeping her man on the ground. Without her, I don't think he'd be who he is today.

That aside....in my fantasy world, ripping Bono's clothes off and getting 'down to it' would be an excellent way to pass the time of day..

....oh well, a girl can dream...:drool:

youvedonewhat said:

Also, I have to thank Ali for keeping her man on the ground. Without her, I don't think he'd be who he is today.

I completely agree!! You know what they say...behind every great man.....

youvedonewhat said:
That aside....in my fantasy world, ripping Bono's clothes off and getting 'down to it' would be an excellent way to pass the time of day..

....oh well, a girl can dream...:drool:

:applaud:

Back
Top Bottom