U2 - Front and Featured....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
...on the Radio IO website: :love:

www.radioio.com

u2-best-of.jpg

As the '90s dawned, U2 -- who helped define the '80s -- went about trying to redefine itself. the irish quartet went from exploring r&b to tossing aside the blues and concentrating on the rhythms. working with brian eno and daniel lanois, among others, U2 spent nearly 10 years attempting to add moderately successful modernisms to their signature elastic guitars and cliffs of dover wails before looking back to move forward for 2000's all that you can't leave behind. To attract those who already own this material, u2 have compiled not only selections from achtung baby, zooropa, the passengers album, pop and behind, but also four new mixes -- representing "numb," "discotheque," "staring at the sun" and "gone" -- and two new songs, "electrical storm" and "the hands that build america."

the first, recorded with william orbit, blossoms into classic, chiming, widescreen U2, while "Hands," from the soundtrack to Martin Scorsese's gangs of new york, is a more intimate ballad of warbling keys, strings, and xylophone. as for the "new mixes," the result seems for the most part a submersion of the backgrounds in lightly wavering dub-like effects, making the songs unsteadier but still relatively low-key. the first run also comes with an additional disc of b-sides, more than half of which are dance-oriented remixes.

track listing:
1. even better than the real thing
2. mysterious ways
3. beautiful day
4. electrical storm - (william orbit mix, new song)
5. one
6. miss sarajevo
7. stay (faraway, so close!)
8. stuck in a moment you can't get out of
9. gone - (new mix)
10. until the end of the world
11. hands that built america, the (from "gangs of new york") - (new song)
12. discotheque - (new mix)
13. hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me
14. staring at the sun - (new mix)
15. numb - (new mix)
16. the first time

THANKS TO MIKE THE "RADIO GUY"!!!! :heart: :up: (he loves U2!)

Back
Top Bottom