U2 finds use for the Lemon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rihannsu

Refugee
Britain's Foster to design U2 Tower

Internationally-renowned British architect Norman Foster has been announced as the visionary behind the Republic's first skyscraper - the U2 Tower.
The 200 million euro scheme, which will soar 120m over Dublin's docklands, is to house the iconic rock band's egg-shaped recording studio at its peak. It was commissioned by Geranger Ltd, a consortium including property developers Ballymore and U2 members Bono, The Edge, Larry Mullen Jnr and Adam Clayton.

Mr Foster, whose notable projects include the Gherkin in London and the Millau Viaduct in France, was chosen by Dublin's Docklands Development Authority (DDDA) as the project's design winner. Work on the landmark project is due to begin next year with a completion date expected by 2011.

Copyright (c) Press Association Ltd. 2007, All Rights Reserved.
Last Updated: 12 October 2007 10:02 PM

egg-shaped or lemon shaped????

Artist rendering on page with article here: http://www.tyronetimes.co.uk/latest-irish-news/Britains-Foster-to-design-U2.3375442.jp

Dana

when the band records its going to lower to the ground and get stuck trapping the band forcing them to make more records

That is a thought....

Put it on the very top of the building!

And have it open and install a light-house beacon in it!

Or, even just closed and have it spinning all the time with a bunch of lights reflecting off of it! U2 fans that go to visit can have a PopMart every day!

CMM said:
That is a thought....

Put it on the very top of the building!

And have it open and install a light-house beacon in it!

Or, even just closed and have it spinning all the time with a bunch of lights reflecting off of it! U2 fans that go to visit can have a PopMart every day!

i'm sure the neighbors will get a kick out of that one

I like the way it looks in the picture.
U2TOWER.jpg

It will be a shinny recording studio.:wink:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

....and the egg is probably actually Edge's spaceship. This time it really WILL be punk rock made on Venus :wink:

Oh... I thought it was a model of Edge's head without beanie...

Back
Top Bottom