U2 Cartoons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
globeboy.gif

eight-ba.gif

stay.jpg

captive2.jpg

missioni.jpg

zoolyr1.jpg

zoolyr2.jpg

WHY BONO IS BLOND IS BEYOND ME!!!

These are the famouse Angeal (from WIRE) drawings. I met her twice, once at a U2 convention in Chicago (the only one there ever was - held in August, 1996, if memory serves). I later saw her again in June 1997 on the PopMart tour in Chicago. She helped me get Edge's autograph.

Angeal was opinionated on WIRE - but then, so were we all. :sexywink: I bought one of her originals (a cartoon about the filming of R&H). I still have it proudly displayed.

When WIRE "collapsed", I lost contact with a lot of people from that time. One of them helped Joel in the early days of Interference.

I'm not sure if Angeal is still around or a big U2 fan, but if so, I hope she's doing more drawings. As one can tell, she's influenced by Berke Breathed (famous for "Bloom County" and now "Opus").

I'm not sure why Bono appears "blond" in these cartoons. In the one I have, she colored his hair. She may have chosen not to color in Bono's hair because in the "Pop" era, Bono's hair was shorter and lighter (his natural color). You'd have to ask her. ;)

Regardless, I find her cartoons FAR better than the ones originally referenced. Yikes! :ohmy:

europop2005 said:
globeboy.gif

eight-ba.gif

stay.jpg

captive2.jpg

missioni.jpg

zoolyr1.jpg

zoolyr2.jpg

WHY BONO IS BLOND IS BEYOND ME!!!

doctorwho said:
In fact, I have this original:

rh1.gif

rh2.gif

bono is so cute in these whoever did these is very talented i write manga profeshinly so these i apreciate
:happy:

:( i dont have eny comic art scaned on my computer yet but i will in a few weeks then ill post them only one off drawings on my computer at the mo but i promise ill post them as soon as i scan them as soon as i get a new scanner that is im moveing and the last one had an argument with the step:sad:

MIKI78 said:

bono is so cute in these whoever did these is very talented i write manga profeshinly so these i apreciate
:happy:

At the time I bought this, I believe the young lady was in her late teens or very early 20's - which was about 10 years ago. She went by the moniker of Aingeal on WIRE (the old U2 forum - this was THE place to be before Interference, U2.com, @U2 and any other site). WIRE members did a lot of things - we organized charity drives, bought new servers and even made a huge banner that travelled around the world with the POPMart tour! It was signed by many WIRE members (myself included) and even the band members! It was "lost" somewhere in Europe. The person who lost it claimed she felt horrible and she doesn't understand how it got lost... :rolleyes: I personally believe it was stolen. I don't know if this person was involved or not, but with U2's signatures (and even Paul McGuinness) on it, suddenly that banner was worth $$. I'm waiting for it to magically appear online one day.

Anyway, Aingeal, whose real name is Anne-Louise Hight, was a big fan and a WIRE member. Given that she'd be nearing or in her 30's by now, I'm not sure what has happened to her. It appears she hasn't done any more of these cartoon strips in a while. She may not even be a U2 fan anymore. But at least she had her fun travelling the country in 1997 seeing U2. She'd work setting up the stadium and such to get a ticket and live with whomever. Aaaah, the life of youth. ;)

Back
Top Bottom