U2 bring death to trees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gluey

Blue Crack Addict
It's official :yes:

First there was the Joshua Tree.

Then the tree on One Tree Hill got cut down in a protest.

Now the Larry Tree has gone :madwife:

It's not a good thing to be a tree associated with U2 :sad:

Can we post some pics of U2 with healthy, living tree's in the background in memory of the 'fallen brothers'???

:wink:
P1000418.jpg

:bow: RIP Larry Tree

P.S. The Larry Tree is the tree we stood under when Larry came out to talk to us.....:sad:

Last edited:
They are always chopping down trees around here (not U2's fault tho, I don't think) and it always makes me sad. :sad:

Aww, Gluey, Slopsy, Effanbee - that's such a cute pic! At least you have the memories and the pics of the Larry Tree...and the event that occured near it :D :hug:

Well we all know what happened to the Joshua Tree, it got struck by lightning! And as for the One Tree Hill tree, isn't there a long history with this particular tree of being attacked in protest, i.e. not connected with U2 at all?!

Here's a pic of One tree Hill taken by a pen pal of mine, who lives in Auckland, sent me before it was attacked by Maori's protesters once in 1994 and second time in 2000. The second attack damaged the tree so badly, that it had to be cut down coz the tree was unable to recover and was removed due to the risk of it dying and falling down.

Onetreehill2-1.jpg

Onetreehill-1.jpg

Last edited:
:wink: It's ok, I know none of it is U2's fault, but the latest tree had me 'pining' for tree photos......

here's the latest pics of One tree Hill.......or should I say None Tree Hill.....

P4130076.jpg

and here's the remains of the tree :sad:

P4130082.jpg

Really? It's sort of a U2 shrine now... sounds kinda silly i know but it's a very moving place to visit. And it's beautiful there.

:reject: I knew people went there, but obviously never read into it properly. I just thought they went to the location, and didn't twig that the actual trees remains were there....:reject:

It's ok gluey, come out of that box! :lol:

It really is an amazing place to visit.

Sorry about your larry tree :hug:

*waits for tabloid writers scouring the net for stories to pick this one up*

That'd be awesome. "Environmentally friendly band U2 curses trees they're associated with"

*edit*

That'd be the by-line of course.

Much beer makes good not me think well.

Wow, the latest picture of the Joshua Tree looks like people are chipping off pieces of the bark around the trunk to take home with them. :| That's really sad.
I don't know why I feel like that is offensive, but I understand the need too.
I found this youtube video a while back and posted in the EYKIW forum a long time ago...but if you look at the tree in the video and compare with the gorgeous black and white picture above that comet posted you can see where people have chipped off the bark on the trunk.
This is an interesting vid if you haven't seen it yet. It's gotta be one of the most spiriutal journeys for a U2 fan to make. I need to make this quest also!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fyuafV_fG8E

It was a very spiritual quest! Even if you are not a religious person, there is so much emotion involved. About the bark, it could be that people may take some, but there was also alot of it just laying on the ground and in the surrounding dirt everywhere. The bark is surely falling off naturally mostly I think.

bonocomet said:
It was a very spiritual quest! Even if you are not a religious person, there is so much emotion involved. About the bark, it could be that people may take some, but there was also alot of it just laying on the ground and in the surrounding dirt everywhere. The bark is surely falling off naturally mostly I think.

Oh good! I noticed it right off the bat in your beautiful picture
( the bark)!
I am just happy that most of it is still there.
People seem respectful which is great, since it's like a shrine to us!

Jeannieco said:

Oh good! I noticed it right off the bat in your beautiful picture
( the bark)!
I am just happy that most of it is still there.
People seem respectful which is great, since it's like a shrine to us!

I hope it's mostly by natural causes anyway... I hadn't really thought about the fact that it could be being removed :(
Thanks about the b&w photo, that one was taken by my daughter.

Wow, recently they cut down trees in my city very close to where I live.
They keep telling us it is because of the many storms, but that's a lie.
In truth it's all U2's fault.

:|

hcbiggs2002 said:

What sickens me is that they recorded themselves preforming such a malicious action....but oh was the record it produced a thing of beauty....but still! Killing trees is BAD Bono! Bad!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom