U2 3D Release Set

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msdw59

Acrobat
U2 3D Release Set
Concert film coming in January.
by IGN Staff

October 29, 2007 - U2 3D, a digital 3-D concert film by world famous Irish rock band U2, is coming to theaters in January.

According to Variety, National Geographic Cinema Ventures has acquired the worldwide distribution rights to the forthcoming flick. The movie, a 3ality Digital production, will only be screened in 3-D theaters.

Directors Catherine Owens and Mark Pellington put the film together from more than 700 hours of footage they shot of the band performing seven South American shows during their Vertigo tour.

A rough cut of the movie was screened to rave reviews last spring at Cannes, and exhibitors were recently given an extended preview at the ShowEast trade show in Orlando.

"Digital 3-D is a new cinema medium that truly allows moviegoers to immerse themselves in the experience, energy and emotion of being in a prime seat at a U2 concert," 3ality Digital CEO Sandy Climan said.

When the project was first announced, a live via sattellite 3-D concert performance was planned to preceed the film on its opening night. It isn't mentioned in today's report, so that may or may not still be in the cards -- we'll keep you posted.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/830/830954p1.html

TheBrazilianFly said:
Awesome! I wonder what's going to be the set list! :hyper:

the Cannes Version which was only 55 minutes showed:

Vertigo
Beautiful Day
Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
Love and Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
The Fly
With or Without You

like most sides reportes the final version should be 90 minutes - I think that could be:

Pride
STreets
New Years Day
Zoo Station
and
One

Lobe said:
Great news...

But I won't see it.... because of a eye problem I can see no film in 3D... so let's hope they release it in dvd in 2D someday.... :sad:

Aww! :(

Come'er :hug:

:ohmy: I can´t believe they won´t release it for Christmas

Edit to say: It would be amazing if they decide to come to latinamerica for the release since it was filmed here :wink:

edit to say: I mean Latinamerica except Venezuela :grumpy:

Last edited:
Acrobat Angel said:

I'm pretty sure IMAX will be showing it, do you guys have an IMAX down in Melbourne?

IMAX you say??? :hmm:

Well i think i might be traveling to the city alot while its showing

OMG, at last!!! :bow: :yippie: :hyper:

There is an IMAX in Melbourne, at the museum... although a while ago I read that it was going to other 3D-capable cinemas, and not IMAX. From memory, you could do a search for cinema locations that support that digital 3ality technology or whatever it is, and there are apparently loads in Melbourne. IMAX apparently isn't digital...? :scratch:
:hyper: :drool:

Alisaura said:
There is an IMAX in Melbourne, at the museum... although a while ago I read that it was going to other 3D-capable cinemas, and not IMAX. From memory, you could do a search for cinema locations that support that digital 3ality technology or whatever it is, and there are apparently loads in Melbourne. IMAX apparently isn't digital...? :scratch:
:hyper: :drool:

Imax recently started implementing digital projectors, and they do some digital re-mastering of films. I'd be surprised if a lot of museums show it, because their films tend to be nature-oriented.

Acrobat Angel said:

I'm pretty sure IMAX will be showing it, do you guys have an IMAX down in Melbourne?

as far as I heard it's gonna be ONLY in RealD or something theatres! :crack: the closest one near me is in germany!

Back
Top Bottom