U2 3D next year....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laney_82

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Acording to this article from Atu2 we will have to wait till next year...:sad: :( :sad: :( :sad: :( :sad: :(

U2 3D will be presented at the Giant Screen Cinema Association conference in Vancouver next month, but what's newsworthy is that the movie's listing on the conference Web site shows "Early 2008" as the film's release date. All previous reports about the film indicated a Fall 2007 release, as does the original movie trailer. When asked to confirm the delay, Jon Shapiro of 3ality Digital told us via e-mail: "A release date is TBD, as nothing is firm as of yet. An announcement will be forthcoming."

:(

ignore everything you hear about this movie until you get an official statement!!!

there are MANY different websites showing paradoxal messages.... either fall 07 or spring 08, so there's no 'real' date for the movie. The sites are copying each other, and since there's no official statement there cant be said what's the true date and what is not...
don't go hyper when you see an unofficial date for fall 07 on a website, and don't be sad if you see spring 08, since you won't know wether it's correct or not!

Movie release in Spring of '08, with a NEW album release set for fall of '08...at least that's the way I see it happening...wishful thinking maybe.

The new issue of Blender mentions a "Spring 08" release for U23D.

They also call Bono's cameo in Across the Universe "cringe-inducing".

Laney_82 said:
Acording to this article from Atu2 we will have to wait till next year...:sad: :( :sad: :( :sad: :( :sad: :(

U2 3D will be presented at the Giant Screen Cinema Association conference in Vancouver next month, ....

:(

I wonder if they show the whole film in Vancouver or only the short version from Cannes.
The song choice so far didn't really make me happy - there were so much better songs on this tour than Love and Peace, Sometimes..., Miss Sarajewo and Bullet. :(

half an hour more - perhaps 4-5 songs more. I hope for New Years Day and Streets...

from a review on IMDB:

I was able to see this film at a special screening in France, and I can't get the images out of my head--it was a visual masterpiece! Avoiding the typical (and now antiquated) shooting and editing style of the band's previous pieces and (intentionally?) omitting any backstage interviews, the filmmakers have brought you to a live show in Latin America--to the center of frenzied chaos in the faster songs, grace in the slower ones and then those inexplicable moments where you promise yourself you won't tear up but do--the three best elements of a live U2 show, if you ask me. At one point, I put my hand in the air thinking I was there, because the filmmakers have cleverly positioned the cinema audience behind the live concert audience in the film--you'll even find yourself wanting to tell a guy to put his hand down in front of you, and you'll have to stop yourself. Avoiding any tacky Jaws 3-D style sight gags where any one object is pointing straight at you, the filmmakers instead just grab you, and bring you along for a visually rich and sonically groundbreaking ride--and all you'll pay is a cost of movie ticket.

Back
Top Bottom