Trip of a Lifetime-FanFiction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinninghead77

Refugee
Okay girls. Here it is, my first story. I kept this one very calm, and platonic so as not to offend anyone!!! Of course feedback is welcome, but try to remember that I am a newbie and go easy on me!!

The Trip of a Lifetime!!

I couldn't belive my luck!! I had never won anything in my entire life, but suddenly when I was sitting at my desk at work one day I got an amazing phonecall. Aparently my Credit Card purchases automatically entered me into a contest where I won an amazing prize. I thought that I was dreaming when the lady on the phone told me that I was going to be traveling to the Bahama's with 3 guests. We would be staying at a private resort on a small secluded island. The resort had only 8 small cabins, and my friends and I would be staying in four of them. The choice of who to bring was an easy one. I called my three closest girl friends and told them to start packing!!!

As we waited at the airport our talk started drifting to what the other guests would be like. Would it be a few families, some couples looking for a romantic getaway, another group of girls, perhaps we would get lucky and it would be four good looking guys. All we knew was that this was going to be a great trip. We had never gone away for a girls only vacation before, and we were all looking forward to having a chance to spend a week together!

Our plane got delayed (twice) and there was a problem with the luggage so it was very late when our plane finally landed at the airport in Nassua. One of the employee's from the resort picked us up and after a long bumpy car ride, and a dingy ride across the water we finally arrived in Paradise. We were shown to our "camp". Our four cabins were in a circle around a commen area, and a pool and hot tub. We were told that all meals would be served here, and that we would have a chance to meet the other guests the next day, if we were interested. The other four cabins were on the other side of the small island.

After a few drinks and a late night snack my friends all decided to go to bed. I tried persuading them to explore the island with me, but since it had been such a long trip they were very tired. I was too excited to sleep so I decided to take a walk along the beach.

I walked around the island a few times. I was barefoot and the sand and water felt really nice against my toes. I was looking out at the water, and I must have been in a bit of a daze, because I didn't notice another figure approaching me along the deserted beach.

Suddenly I was lying on the ground. I had litterly bumped into another person. Why am I always so clumsy??? As I was helped to my feet I noticed that the person that I had stumbled into was wearing black boots, black pants, and a black leather jacket. Who would dress like this in the Bahama's?? I got my answer soon enough. When I finally saw this mans face I immediatly recognized the beautiful baby blue eyes. It was Bono!!!

K: "I am so sorry, I must have been caught up in my thoughts"
B: "That's okay, my mind was wandering too" "I'm Bono"
K: "I know, I am a huge fan, I have always dreamed of meeting you, but I didn't think that I would bulldoze you over on the beach""My name is Kelly"
B: "Well it's nice to meet you Kelly""I guess that you are staying here at the resort??"
K: "Yes, I am here with a few friends. We won the trip. It is really an incredible place"
B: "It is. The boys and I are here for a little vacation. We try to take a trip together before we head out on tour. It helps us to remember whey we started making music together in the first place"

I think to myself that this is incredible. I am standing here on a dark secluded beach alone with a man that I have had a crush on for 10 years. And did he just say Boys??? Does that mean that all four members of U2 are here??? Just me and my girlfriends, and U2 alone on an island for a week!!!!

B: "Do you want to keep walking with me??? That way we won't injure ourselves by bumping into each other everytime we cross paths"
K: Definatly!!!

As Bono and I walked around the beach we kept talking. He asked me questions about myself and we talked about the band for a while. He told me about how much he misses his family when he is on the road. We talked alot about his relationship with Ali and the difficulties of having a long distance relationship. Hearing Bono talk about his wife I realized that there love really was very strong.

Bono walked me back to my cabin, and I poured us both a glass of red wine. We sat on the front porch for hours talking and laughing with each other. I really felt that there was some sort of connection between us. Eventually Bono looked at his watch, and realized that it was getting late. Before he left he gave me a big hug and thanked me for the wine.

When I awoke the next morning I thought of the night before. I remembered how it felt when Bono hugged me. Then I thought about it somemore and I realized that it must have been a dream. I heard voices on the veranda outside and decided to join my friends for breakfast.

When I walked outside my friends called out good morning to me, and I sat down with them. I was just about to tell them about my incredible dream when my friend Melissa passed me a note saying that the waiters had brought it for me with breakfast. Opening it up I saw that it read:

Kelly, Thanks again for our talk last night. I can tell that we are going to be great friends. Why don't you and your friends join us for lunch and watch our rehearsal this afternoon?

Bono

I could tell then that this vacation was going to be even better then I could have imagined!!!

------------------
Official Dog-Walker of the ScottPhisto Society

I don't mean to be arrogant, but ...I do feel that we are meant to be one of the great groups. - Bono, Rolling Stone, 1981

That was very good.
smile.gif
I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Boy do I wish I was in The Bahamas right now.

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
That was very good.
smile.gif
I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Boy do I wish I was in The Bahamas right now.

Thanks for the feedback Gina. I feel a little silly, but with all the conflict going on in here right now, I wanted to GIVE something!!!

i would kill for some tropical weather, myself. it's about 20 degrees out and snowing where i live.
mad.gif

anyway, that was a great story. really cute!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Does love light up your Christmas tree?

Happy Holidays!

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

...if God will send his angels...

Great story!!! I'm a writer also, and it does feel funny when you first post your stories...but then we get the best part...PRAISE!!
tongue.gif
I loved how Bono was so sweet
smile.gif

------------------
The Proud Owner of the ONLY Cardboard Larry!!!

September, streets capsizing, spilling over down the drain...shards of glass splinters like rain...but you could only feel your own pain... October, talking getting nowhere...November, December, remember. This will never happen again.

I bang things for a living! ~Larry

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
What happens next?? You can't you leave it there....
wink.gif

That is as far as I have thought so far!! Thanks for the feedback everyone. I am sure that my next story will have Bono talking less about Ali-I just need a convinent way for her to be out of the picture!!!

Way to go spinninghead77!
smile.gif
I'm so sorry it took me so long to read it, I have been away from the computer for a while. Really well done! (next time though, Bono has to be single! LOL!)
wink.gif

elizabeth, I have read a few stories on fanfiction, and even registered as an author there awhile ago, but I still haven't DARED post anything on there, the critics can be pretty vicious! LOL!

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 01-01-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom