Tour 05

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats on your tickets everyone! I sort of wish I could go to one of the Atlanta shows on the third leg but the last I heard robbing a bank was still illegal and I don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the Georgia lottery. C'est la vie.

No 'soup' for me

No 'soup' for me.

:ohmy: :mad: :censored: :scream: :grumpy: :sad:

I guess that just about sez it.

No tix for either NYC or NJ.

My [our] friend with the family illness troubles GOT into her office early so she COULD be right at the 'e-gate' when the 'line' opened....BUT someone had messed with her area/desk, and there was all this stuff around including some other computers.

She took one look and [understandibly, with the back & forth stresses she's currently under, and she's NOT really prone to this]- burst into tears,started yelling, and didn't regain her composure till around 11 AM. By which time, she didn't try cause they were probalby allll ggoooonnnneee by then.

Oh, I'm not mad at her, burt ooooo whoever messed with her dess & stuff......#&0@#!!!!-

At the least we would have had a chance had she not encountered this total frustration. And she's an MIS person, you'd think they'd respect her 'dpace' and say something before they went in there!

I'm the most fervent of them for U2 [Vs reverse for them is Bruce], but I'm the one with the quite modest leisure/fun income!
Should "heavyt' U2 'fever' 'strike' one of them.....they could afford , well if not e-b and yet they might well/could even there.

I'm very lucky in that they let me pay them back from several months to a year or more for the Big Shows [for us]- Bruce, U2, Who and others- but this is beyond my reach.

I'm still hopeful, somehow, I'll find/get something before the dates, but i still feel grumpy for now.

Last edited:
The really hard thing about all of this to me is that I thought it would bring happier times, and instead this stress from the nasties in particular has me feeling like this bug is going to become full-blown pneumonia and I'll either have to go to the f:censored:g hospital to get penicillin shots if the infection is bacterial or (even worse) I'll have to grin and bear a virus. This will mean I have to wait another quarter to start grad school, we'll have to put up with more outrageous drug prices and such, and God knows what else. I'll be sick on my birthday and won't be able to do anything except stay in bed. This sucks. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Thanks, Kelly, that means alot to me. At least I have the option to distance myself a bit from U2 fandom, no offense to the band, it's these nasties who have given me the blahs. There is stupid stuff going on in my medeval re-enactment group as well, you can't escape ego trips and politics. I mean ego and power politics and certainly not who you voted for in the last election. I do not have trouble with people who didn't vote for my candidate in the last election; I believe in freedom of conscience. I'm sick and tired of these blahs, not to mention pissed off. Like I said, I don't know what I did to deserve this s:censored:t. I wasn't even on the computer when this stuff went down, I was in bed trying to recover from a stress-induced virus. This is a hell of a way to try to recuperate. I don't need these nasties in my life, I'm going off to have fun with my friends in my medieval re-enactment group, who, I need to point out are not U2 fans either. At this point this doesn't mean a f:censored:g thing to me. I want to be around people I can trust to be my friends. I've gotten terribly paranoid about this. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
Thanks U2granny. I never thought I'd have to distance myself a bit from U2fandom during a tour. I can't believe it. But I may have to do this to keep my what's left of my sanity. It's terribly unlikely that I'll make it to a show in the first place. OK, how do I keep from going nuts? Do something else. Go to medieval re-enactment events, wear the costumes, go to the feasts, and support my friends there. I did this in the mid-90's when things were tough. Coming back to the realms of U2 fandom was great. I caught two "Elevation" shows, they were some of the most powerful events of my life, and during a very difficult time in my life. Ugh. I can't keep on living like this, it will kill me. And I'm too young to die.

I feel much better today. The real reason I was depressed yesterday was that I have two illnesses, this stupid respiratory bug and I've still got this shingles. Illnesses have always depressed me. Shingles depresses anyone who gets it. I had a great talk with one of my dearest friends from my medieval re-enactment society. He's one of the sweetest people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. He's done alot for me. Unfortunately some really disgusting people have recently screwed him. I just can't let these :censored:holes get to me like this. It's really hard for me to cope with this sort of thing. My head and illnesses do not mix! They just don't! Actually I have alot to look forward to. There's my trip, my goodness, how many people get to do this? There's my art, there's grad school, heavens, how could I have spit out that whiney self-indulgent s:censored:t I did yesterday? Now I'm embarrassed that I did it. I must apologize for this. I'm really sorry.

Last edited:
I agree U2Girl1978. I did have really strong emotions about the nasties, I felt like I was being penalized for something that happened when I wasn't even on my f:censored:g computer. The negativity was overwhelming, and I really think it had alot to do with this respiratory bug because stress is murder on your immune system. I hadn't had a respiratory bug all winter until now, and the timing sucked too because shingles is a stress-induced virus. I originally got it after a friend of mine was killed in a truck accident on the Interstate in June. One of my pictures, "Earthflower", is dedicated to her. My doc asked me if I'd been under any stress.......hell, yes. But screw it, I have on a costume for a medieval re-enactment event here in town and I'm going out and having fun there. Just get me the hell out of the house. I'm getting stircrazy, something that happens every time I get sick.

Last edited:
I had a blast at the event. I took a really interesting class about the Black Death. There is a controversy going on as to the agent that caused this catastrophe. I suppose that sounds a bit gross, but I find it interesting. Fortunately these events are not expensive, they're really a good deal, so I can do my fair share of them. The lady who taught the class encouraged me to study medieval science. I'm not sure I like this idea, I'd have to take chemistry again as I forgot at least half the material after the exam, and it was a real struggle. Social history is more my cup of tea, how people actually lived. Oh, and the feast was great!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom