Top 10 Signs you may be a Scary PLEBAn Girl...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ruffian

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Feel free to add to the list!
Top 10 or 11 Signs You are a Scary PLEBAn Girl

feel free to add to the list!!

1. You find yourself oddly attracted to men whose sleeves are just a little…too…long…

2. You are late to work/school/appointments because you “just have to finish listening to this one song…”

3. Your friends and family have forbid you to talk about the band anymore.

4. You find yourself inserting U2 lyrics into mundane conversations: “Well, you know, ambition *does* bite the nails of success…”

5. You check ebay every hour to see if cheap tickets have magically appeared. maybe...just...one...more...show...

6. You have worn out your right-click button.

7. You check PLEBA threads every three minutes to look for new pics…

8. You have named your dog/cat/canary/firstborn child “Paul,” “Larry,” “Edge,” “Bono,” or “Adam.”

9. You have had to replace CDs from excessive wear, OR you have owned U2 on vinyl, cassette, CD, and DVD.

10. Your husband/lover/boyfriend/partner is truly jealous.

11. You have a speech memorized for when you meet the band…

~BrightestStar~ said:
:dance:

HA! I'm not a scary PLEBA girl! Take that everyone!!!!!
:tongue:

(4 out of 11 isn't enough right..right...:shifty: )

ooooh, you SO are a Scary Pleban Girl. You're IN, BABY!!!

uh... I used to apply to 2 of them but now only one... except it says "You have named your dog/cat/canary/firstborn" not hamster... so... maybe I don't apply to any now. Hhmm... oh well.

~BrightestStar~ said:
13. Stomping makes you giggle involuntarily.

14. People avoided sitting with you near a tv during the "vertigo" era.

:lol:
everytime an IPod commercial came on I jumped up and stood 2 inches from the TV...then found it online and played it over and over and over and over and over...

kellyahern said:
15. You find yourself explaining to relatives that, "Monday is Moobday." in the most natural tone of voice and have to pause to explain what "moobs" are.

:lmao: Kelly!
And YOU are the reason (not that I sing) that I am wearing my right-click button out!!!

Ooh, I love lists like these!

ruffian said:
1. You find yourself oddly attracted to men whose sleeves are just a little…too…long…

How about: ever since falling for "_______" (insert favorite band member's name here), you've found nearly every guy with a European accent since then attractive.

Seriously, I've lost count of the number of European men I've developed crushes on within the last few years (all of which are, sadly, celebrities who don't know me :(...haven't met any men with accents in any of the towns I've lived in, unless it's a southern accent or something), and I blame Bono for starting that trend :p.

Originally posted by ruffian
2. You are late to work/school/appointments because you “just have to finish listening to this one song…”

LOL, well, I remember a couple of years back, when Bono was on the "Today" show one morning, it was on a morning that school was starting late for some reason, and I unfortunately had to leave just before U2 was to come on. I wanted to stay behind and watch, but my mom was taking me to school that morning, and she was like, "Ang, come on! You're recording this, so you can watch it when you get home!" LOL.

3. Your friends and family have forbid you to talk about the band anymore.

Haven't done that, but I have gotten the occasional eyeroll and sigh when I've brought up something regarding U2.

4. You find yourself inserting U2 lyrics into mundane conversations: “Well, you know, ambition *does* bite the nails of success…”

Ohhhhhhh, yeah. And I've also, of course, smiled whenever hearing "You, too/you two" before (seriously, I have GOT to stop getting into bands whose names are words you hear in everyday conversation-U2, Squeeze, the Alarm, Split Enz, Madness, the list goes on and on. It's a strange trend with me).

5. You check ebay every hour to see if cheap tickets have magically appeared. maybe...just...one...more...show...

Speaking of tickets, if anybody has four tickets (one for each of the people in my family) to one of the Denver shows that they are unable to use, I'd love to know, 'cause I wanna gooooooooooooo!

8. You have named your dog/cat/canary/firstborn child “Paul,” “Larry,” “Edge,” “Bono,” or “Adam.”

Haven't done that with real animals/kids (don't have any kids of my own as is), but I have done so with stuffed animals. I have a Bono and an Edge sitting around, all I need is an Adam and a Larry.

Here's another one: you find yourself waking up from a deep sleep anytime U2 comes on TV or on the radio. I've done this frequently, and it's kinda spooky, but it's also kinda cool. I remember on my birthday last year, I woke up that morning just as U2's "Beautiful Day" video was starting. Thought that was a nice way to kick off the day :).

Angela

20. You called in sick to work the day HTDAAB came out, and again the day of the pre-sale.

5/11:huh: ..........and I'M DAMN PROUD OF IT LADIES!!!!:rockon: :rockon:

he he he...my right hand actually got sore yesterday from being here so long...typing and all that.

18. When a U2 song comes on the raido and your family KNOWs that if they turn the station they are taking thier lives in their hands...

*oh and ps.....I LOVE my JT tape...yeah thats right I said TAPE:bump:

Last edited:
Number..whatever : this happened to me yesterday......"when you spend most of your day here..neglect to do the dishes or vaccum the rugs...forget to take you dogs pee...delay dinner so you have to panic and make spagetti...and never get out of your PJ's...and all so you don't miss a minute here"!!!!! Then you wake up in the middle of the night laughing about something Brightest Star said yesterday...:huh: :drool: ...love ya Brightest! You rock!!!!:rockon:

Haha, Dismantled! That one is close to what i was thinking too - God, i end up seeing smilies in dreams AND reciting all your names!! It's crazy! Oh, spagetti!! :drool: Love pasta, i do!

I think i had 5 from the list, actually so Bono needs to beware of this scary PLEBA girl!!

I do that everytime someone says you, too or you two, Angela!! It's so crazy&ridiculous, but i can't help thinking it!! :laugh:

I kind of do the Bonosleeves thing myself, actually......it's the nervousness that definitely does it, i reckon!

But, doesn't it look cute on Bono???? :cute:

Dismantled said:
Number..whatever : this happened to me yesterday......"when you spend most of your day here..neglect to do the dishes or vaccum the rugs...forget to take you dogs pee...delay dinner so you have to panic and make spagetti...and never get out of your PJ's...and all so you don't miss a minute here"!!!!! Then you wake up in the middle of the night laughing about something Brightest Star said yesterday...:huh: :drool: ...love ya Brightest! You rock!!!!:rockon:

*adds another one to her list.*
:shifty: you found me out!

Awww :hug:...what did I say to crack you up now?
I seem to be one funny gal...:tongue:
Luv ya too Dismantled :heart: :hug:

~BrightestStar~ said:

*adds another one to her list.*
:shifty: you found me out!

Awww :hug:...what did I say to crack you up now?
I seem to be one funny gal...:tongue:
Luv ya too Dismantled :heart: :hug:

I don't remember.....I think it was just the whole crazyiness in here....

Back
Top Bottom