Too Much is Not Enough...Help Me Decorate! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2002, 03:31 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:52 PM
Too Much is Not Enough...Help Me Decorate!

Hey ladies and gents,

So, I just got a new job and I will have my own office. I've been given the go-ahead to decorate it any way I want, including giving the walls a new coat of paint.

So my question is...how much U2 is enough U2 at work? I really want my office to have some U2 love in it, but I'm not sure what to do. I have a POP poster that is rainbow colored and it's five feet tall. I thought that might be a nice touch, or maybe a smaller, framed poster. Or should I paint the walls a certain color? One of the other women I'll work with painted her office teal and green and it always reminds me of "See the world in green and blue..." Perhaps I should work with a Red Light theme?

So how have y'all decorated your workplaces? I saw the thread about the lemon snowglobe, and just thought I'd ask. Peace!

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

Old 03-13-2002, 03:35 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 10:52 PM
good question. i am moving into a new office myself next week and i wanted to put some U2 decor up but did not know how to do it without being tacky. at this moment i have the U2 calendar and pictures from the Superbowl hanging on my cube.

Old 03-13-2002, 03:40 PM   #3
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:52 PM
what's with this trend??? i get a new place next week too!!! mine is just a desk in a totally new room for our whole dept, but it will my very own desk for the first time!!!!

Here's what i have: the walls are creme, so I purchased an ATYCLB poster. The color scheme is perfect. My pal DiGi got me the calendar, so that's going up as well. DiGi also got me a cute little guitar ornament. On desk. Pic of Adam from Tampa....somewhere where I can see when I am in need of cheering up....

I think that's good.

The five foot poster sounds awesome to me! Are any customers going to be in your office? Or any big boss or client meetings? If not, I say GO FOR IT! 5 feet of U2?? I'd hug the wall every morning!!

------------------
***ALOTWU***
Old 03-13-2002, 03:40 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

hehe. That was me with the lemon snowglobe, and I do have my U2 calendar at work in my cube as well.

I think the following would be totally cool and not tacky. especially if you put them in some of those inexpensive poster frames.
- A poster from JT. These are usually very classy looking...black and white and gold.
- An ATYCLB album poster. Again, very muted and classy black and white.
- One of those posters that has all the album covers on it.

Come to think of it...I have all of those, but they are sitting in the garage right now since I can't decorate my room at home.

Anyways, that's my suggestion. Of course, U2 wallpaper on your PC, a U2 screensaver, and a U2 mousepad are nice touches as well.
Old 03-13-2002, 03:45 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Oh, Sula, great ideas!

I also have a five foot tall Joshua Tree poster, but it is up in the living room right now. But I think you're right, people may find it a little most artistic than a giant POP poster.

I also have one of those posters with all the album covers, and I was thinking of putting it in one of those cheapy frames. And my elevation mouse pad...now I know where to use it! (I've been worried about messing it up, but you only live once!)

Keep the ideas coming. Looks like there are several of us who could use some ideas. I'm especially wondering about the paint issue...

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart
Old 03-13-2002, 03:48 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:

I think the following would be totally cool and not tacky. especially if you put them in some of those inexpensive poster frames.
- A poster from JT. These are usually very classy looking...black and white and gold.

Come to think of it...I have all of those, but they are sitting in the garage right now since I can't decorate my room at home.

Anyways, that's my suggestion. Of course, U2 wallpaper on your PC, a U2 screensaver, and a U2 mousepad are nice touches as well.

yeah, i've got the u2 screensaver and wallpaper on my laptop covered. i have to change it though if i go on client visits.

the poster ideas are great. i think i will get some, frame them and hang them in my office.
Old 03-13-2002, 04:15 PM   #7
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 06:52 PM
My desk faces a wall so the top left, I have my 2002 calendar and to the right I have a framed collage of Elevation photos. Right in front of me, I have a huge bulletin board filled with U2 postcards, a picture disc, pictures of me and wax Bono, my husband and kids, some Marilyn Monroe memorabilia. On my desk I have my PLEBA coffee mug and an I Love Lucy coffee mug, which I use as pen and pencil holders. I work at home though so can go U2 crazy and not offend anyone! Too much is NEVER enough!
Old 03-13-2002, 08:56 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Bwahahaha.... *steals ALL of Sulas's great ideas*

It's a trend! I too have a brand new office, poorly furnished (I'm using a BOX as a table, and there's junk everywhere). We have to watch our $$$, so I have one of those small dual whiteboard/tackboard things, I plan to stick some pictures on, and I have my 2002 unofficial U2 calendar on the wall(March is Pop cowboy Edge month!), but it needs SO much more!

I'm thinking of framing/hanging my great U2 poster that was *signed by Edge* (YAY!), but I'm afraid it might get stolen (sorry, but I don't trust the cleaning people) I'm also thinking of taking some of my pics to Kinko's and having them blown up. I'm also planning on putting some U2ey-ness in my new apt.'s computer room...maybe with some pics of Dublin or Ireland as well!

Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
hehe. That was me with the lemon snowglobe, and I do have my U2 calendar at work in my cube as well.

Old 03-13-2002, 10:32 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:52 PM
It's a necessity to have U2 stuff in places you're going to spend a lot of time in. Indeed, the room in which my books are kept at school is in sore need of U2 stuff. I'm in charge of decorating the bulletin board in my lit room and the cover of War was the only thing up for some time. I had the following convo with my teacher:

Him: Uh, wasn't the board supposed to have an underwater theme?

Me: Uh, *insert innocent yet loveable smile here* yes, but ehm, they swim you know...that involves going underwater.

Him: *insert cynical glare here* Take it down Shannon.

Meh, it's still up...purpose of that? U2 needs to be all ovah.

------------------
Every question possesses a power that does not lie in the answer.
Old 03-14-2002, 12:30 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Any other ideas? Like I said, even if it's not U2-related, I'd like to know if anyone has painting suggestions.

Well, I'm off to pick out my office furniture. Bye for now.

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart
Old 03-14-2002, 12:37 PM   #11
Acrobat

Local Time: 08:52 PM
What colors are in the pictures, posters, etc that you intend to put up? It always looks really cool if the wall color picks up background colors in your decorations.
Old 03-14-2002, 12:47 PM   #12
Refugee

Local Time: 02:52 AM
I think I need a new job where I can decorate. Oh well at least in my job I can have U2 on the CD player all day. Just about makes up for having no walls to decorate.

*starts chasing horses round their stables with five foot JT posters*