Today was the worst ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWho4Life

Rock n' Roll Doggie
It was! I went to school all happy and everything and then I found out I had ISS(In School Suspension) for all day! It was horrible, I didnt even do anything. My parents never called in for my absence and so I got in trouble. Man I bet Edge never got ISS... but I was so depressed even though I know I didnt do anything wrong. I wrote my friend a 7 page note front and back, so i guess that would make it like 14 pages or something. But I was so freaked out. I never had it before and it was horrible.:sad: :sad:
:edge: :heart: :heart: :bono:

They didn't have ISS back when I was in school, and Edge is older than I am. What are they doing to you guys? When I was in school, you got demerits. 1 for each tardy, 1 for minor offenses, 3 for fighting, or smoking in an unauthorized area (right, there WERE authorized areas!) It took you 10 to get kicked out, and if you got none for a month they took off 3. I think it is very stupid how easy it is to get kicked out now, or put in detention. But I have never heard of a kid being punished for a parent's failure to document the absence. The worst that could happen is they flunk you for too many unexcused absences. But punishment? That sucks.

That's awful! Especially considering that you can't recall doing anything that would grant you such a thing!

ISS was a part of my school system in my original town I'm from. I never got it, thankfully, but I know some kids who did. Course, they actually did something worth getting them put there.

Sorry to hear that. :hug:.

Angela

Man that's horrible!!! :( I never got ISS cos I was always a good girl :D But my fiance is a substitute teacher and sometimes he gets ISS and he dreads getting that because he's always so bored. :down:

Well I didnt do anything wrong, of course now all my teachers think I did. The only one that doesnt is my math teacher. But it's ok now i guess.

TheWho4Life said:
Well I didnt do anything wrong, of course now all my teachers think I did.

:( :hug:. That really sucks. Did they ever say what they think you did (if you don't mind me asking, that is)?

Originally posted by TheWho4Life
The only one that doesnt is my math teacher.

Nice to have somebody on your side.

Originally posted by TheWho4Life
But it's ok now i guess.

That's good. :).

Angela

Well no my teachers didnt say but the office people are rude i tell you! lol. And its ok that u asked.:D Yea my math teacher talked to me abotu it today cause i was pretty upset lookin or soemthing. But when i was in there yesterday he was trying to get me ou tand he called my mom and everything but the office people wouldnt let me go. He was mad:) Thats good on my part I guess lol.

I go way & I don't know if they had such a thing vs out-right suspension for x number of days.

....can your parents call in or write a note saying it was #their# fault [since it was}...that is if an ISS goes on your record [which I gues it might].

It wouldn't take your angst away for that day, but if it IS on your record it could be removed.

good luck!

I dont think its on my record, but my mom said it was her fault when my math teacher called and tehy didnt do anything. I hate the people in the office... no i dont, i dotn hate anyone but i really dislike them.

Back
Top Bottom