To all edge fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by WildHonee:
Originally posted by Jam Jar:
stupid bio homework...wonder if he knows shtuff about meiosis....lol
I had a dream about meiosis one night when I was sick. Tamale Loca!

shtuff about meiosis in dreams? whoa there! i thought i was the only crazee one! lol i think maybe i'll finally have aplace to fit in..

I just love Mr. The Edge! Nice to have another Edge-lovin' gal here Space Girl.
smile.gif

msg_092.jpg

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Well, I suppose it would make sense for me to make an appearance in this thread! LOL!
biggrin.gif

This reminds me of our first Orgasmatron meeting. I expect to see all of you at the next one!
smile.gif

OK. To make a long story long, the history of my oddysey of Edge adoration:

It's the summer of 1987. I see the ISHFWIL vid at tender age of 16, as the song is going to #1. Had just discovered the world of popular music beyond the Beatles. Wondered who this band was, why that guitarist is rolling his eyes, why that singer keeps gesticulating and kissing everyone and most of all WHY THEY PLAY THIS VID OVER AND OVER!

A month or so later, I catch the Streets vid. I am instantly BLOWN AWAY, especially by the slithering, bopping, twiching, hopping, sizzling Edge in those jeans and sunglasses. I realize I MUST see the sold out tour.

I buy ticket for JT tour from scalper for $65, a King's ransom in those days, esp for the back of a stadium. It was worth every penny. I fall in love with the Edge beyond belief, get convinced that he is single (bc none of my friends like him) and plan my ambush.

Discover 2 weeks later he is married and cry for 2 days straight in my room. Life is ruined.

I recover slowly but surely, and the Edge adoration escalates. If you can believe it, I love him more than ever. I always will, despite being mature, sane and married to the OTHER Mr. Edge (his Bday is 2 days after Edge's too!), who was set up w. me in 1990.

Clarity, I had no IDEA that's what Bono said in the hill sliding thing! Now I get it!
smile.gif

My close Edge encounters include:

Edge looks into my eyes and smiles gently at me at Popmart in London, just before signing my ticket. I am speechless. I walk away and burst into tears.

Edge shakes my hand in Toronto on this tour. I am speechless again.

I create a sign that says "No offence Bono, but I want to dance with The Edge" in Montreal. Bono reads it, laughes and gets the Edge from the other side of the ramp and makes him read it. Edge grins at me. This is the highlight of my elevation experience.

Well that's me in a nutshell, hope I haven't bored you all to tears. This is what happens when you get one of us oldsters to tell you a story
wink.gif

Here are some piccies I took myself!

in 1997 - the night he signed my ticket
19363599NCPUTDmETP_ph.jpg

Edge & Bono looking at my sign (not taken by me, I am holding it up!)

23286216vbLzgOrNmP_ph.jpg

Montreal
23282777BbPzICksgb_ph.jpg

23283184aCRAysoPQj_ph.jpg

Vegas
25689550mgSqgNOLsZ_ph.jpg

25689593HCJpnAaZoP_ph.jpg

Olive, Me & Mr. Edge!

23730306PBHNDmWMpc_ph.jpg

Mrs. Edge!!! i love your stories and your pictures!!!

Phuzzie, i love your pics SO much too!!

*happily sets up camp in this thread*

~hey- it's got a nice view!
wink.gif

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

Originally posted by elizabeth:
that video is the only reason i bought the tomb raider DVD!

That video is the only reason ANYONE bought the DVD!

And there are new Edge fans! Woohoo! Hello new ones...I have as yet, not declared myself for a particular member of the band, I love them all equally...I'm the equal opp PLEBA girl! See you all around!

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Yay! A good old-fashioned Edgie thread! I'm late dammit. All the pics make my computer crash though, so I must hurry.
biggrin.gif

Ok, Edge is hot. I noticed the sexiness in the WOWY vid...yeah, you know what I'm talking about girls! The lust just increased... it does to this very day, heh. He's just so dang adorable and he plays guitar in y'know, SUCH a way. Oh yah, the BULLET SOLO HIP SWIVELING thang...#$%^&*! ok, I almost passed out when I saw it up close. And I got his pick! He smiled at me, and before they left stage he shook my hand!! Aw hell I know I'm rambling incoherently, but... ees Edge!!!! I love him! Don't tell Jess, but I wanna ask her for another story... I'm thinking I should make up another name just to get it... heh heh heh... Oh crap, she's probably reading this...

For all the Edge girls!

ed-ab35.jpg

ed-ab44.jpg

ed-ab54.jpg

ed-ab56.jpg

ed-ab57.jpg

ed-ab58.jpg

ed-ab59.jpg

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

CRASH! THUD! UUUUUUUUH.
icon26.gif

Kitten, you totally made my day at work!!! (where I really don't want to be this week!)

Thank you!
smile.gif

Actually, all of you posted gorgeous pics. This is a truly excellent thread!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 01-04-2002).]

My senior class motto (chosen for it's meaninglessness): Coming late as always, I try to remember what I almost heard.

My point: Why didn't I respond to this thread sooner?

Welcome to the new Edge lovers! Lots of Edge love lately on PLEBA. I wonder if his fan base is getting as big as Bono's? Maybe we should take a vote?

Anyway, I just really like the Edge. He's too awesome for words. So just listen to some U2 albums, look at some pictures, and you'll see why I think he's the cat's meow.
biggrin.gif

Ack! I?m bored, and sick, too. And soo?yet another day of gazing at edge picies, yay! I thought I?d share some w/ all ya other Edge fans! Enjoy!
*sigh* angel fire is evil too! they didn't show the picies! arggh! ah well..

[This message has been edited by Jam Jar (edited 01-04-2002).]

I was watching Legends the other night and they showed the clip of Edge sliding down the hill, and my mother who was watching it with me, started laughing, and I looked at her with a quizzical look, and she said, "That was cute how he slid down the hill." I was like, "Mom, you make me more and more proud every day, you know that right?" So here are some Edge pics:

25837815FaBmVPBlHm_ph.jpg

Look at that giggle/laugh how darn adorable is that?
25838104KaYzeNYsyR_ph.jpg

KUNG FU EDGE!
24140557OeKvFcYTww_ph.jpg

Of course, we can't forget when Edge was young and innocent (BTW, my mother LOVES this pic)
24284121pwrjrECBoh_ph.jpg

------------------
Dana

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

IM me: ghettopoptart83

Did someone say "Numb" video?

Here ya go....

28503730cysguICnzE_ph.jpg

28503760QftlhgcDVi_ph.jpg

28503866BmesARdXsU_ph.jpg

28504204mVTsymtqCw_ph.jpg

28503788oelqNjyxFN_ph.jpg

Enjoy!
biggrin.gif

Moonie
smile.gif

------------------
If you ask me, I think it's all about drums.
"If a student with an accordion had come along, I would've played with them ya know...that was where I was at, I was that desperate to play with somebody."
(Larry, about his Mount Temple days, before forming U2)

*Larry, I played accordion. Can I have a drumstick?*
From the heart, on a blue sign, 11-18-01, Vegas

Tonight the moon has drawn its curtains
It's a private show no one else going to know
I'm wanting

(If You Wear That Velvet Dress)
Hit Gurl

Ack!

Moonie you just killed me with the awesome stills from NUMB! I've never seen those before! But I like them a lot...

*steals them and shoves them into her already bulging hard drive*

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Moonie~ you're my HERO!!!!!

*massive amounts of drooling*

*faints*

------------------
~Julie*

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

OH MY DAD THESE ARE GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eek.gif

ed-ab54.jpg

LOOOOKIIIIIT HOW CUTE!!!!!!!!!
xR35393.jpg

Dana, you're gonna make my head EXPLODE!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
SOOO COOOL!!!!

*steals every pic in this thread*

OMG!!!!

*basks in the beauty of Edge*

------------------
~Julie*

OH! Moonie~ i just thought of something! Do you have any from Stuck?? Slipping on nachos, looking into the camera upside-down with a close-up of those beautiful beautiful green eyes??

*hops up and down excitedly*

*hope*

*hope*

*hope*

------------------
~Julie*

Originally posted by FallDownJulie:
OH! Moonie~ i just thought of something! Do you have any from Stuck?? Slipping on nachos, looking into the camera upside-down with a close-up of those beautiful beautiful green eyes??

*hops up and down excitedly*

*hope*

*hope*

*hope*

I can work on it... I think I have that video somewheres....
biggrin.gif

Moonie
smile.gif

------------------
If you ask me, I think it's all about drums.
"If a student with an accordion had come along, I would've played with them ya know...that was where I was at, I was that desperate to play with somebody."
(Larry, about his Mount Temple days, before forming U2)

*Larry, I played accordion. Can I have a drumstick?*
From the heart, on a blue sign, 11-18-01, Vegas

Tonight the moon has drawn its curtains
It's a private show no one else going to know
I'm wanting

(If You Wear That Velvet Dress)
Hit Gurl

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMD!!!!!!!!!!

that is DEFINATELY one of the best Edge pics i've ever seen!!

*THUD*

------------------
~Julie*

Back
Top Bottom