TimeOut Magazine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

numbededge

The Fly
Inside the bass drum - stop kicking me, Larry!
Hi guys. People have posted in the shoes thread that they wanted to see the TimeOut photos. I actually scanned the pics pretty recently (I got a scanner for Christmas) so here they are:
I got the one with Larry on the cover
i876E0402-5304-497E-B08C-65AB9EDF2B75.jpg

Here's a pic that shows all four covers
i511A516F-6786-4DE9-948C-3711752A84CC.jpg

i606F2FC9-B2EA-4B9F-BF33-2D39D8DFC95E.jpg

iBC1A3571-8F81-4723-AF62-5AF2937505DA.jpg

i6A13E7AF-9278-4D23-B3E9-6F59DCB3CA77.jpg

iABA8A786-950E-4FB9-9968-D6FE5B8BBAAC.jpg

DotPhoto shrunk all of these...working on getting all of my pics on another server but it's going to be a while.

------------------
Proud owner of Larry's mesh shirt
And now for something completely different...
Fortune cookie lyrics!
"Live your life filled with joy and wonder"
"Faith lies in the ways of sin"
"The future is no place to place your better days"

Oh my!!! Thank you!!!! I loveth them!

------------------
Sleep
Sleep tonight
And may your dreams
Be realized
If the thunder cloud
Passes rain
So let it rain
Rain on him

More pics from the article:
i33A2A1E7-F707-412D-B137-358E07B18873.jpg

iDA4760D1-2004-49DF-91E7-913636B8B9A4.jpg

i30A952DC-7812-4E42-A8D5-26DA399CF3D2.jpg

i2EC41374-7F06-4A0A-BA18-62D64647872D.jpg

i5AB4CDF0-FFF3-4445-813E-9966F0B764B6.jpg

iBF9D7C9B-0544-4E12-A7F6-781011D5F1FD.jpg

There are more pics (not actually of U2), but I haven't scanned them yet. Enjoy!

------------------
Fortune cookie lyrics!

Wooooo-hoo! Thank you!! (Although my quest to get a copy of this is by no means over...
biggrin.gif
)

------------------
"I still can't play guitar
How the hell did I get this far?"

~Bono, Detroit

There is no way we could possibly do infinity push-ups.

iDA4760D1-2004-49DF-91E7-913636B8B9A4.jpg

LOL!!! I assume Edge took this one. Also, once and for all, what is up with the crossing out of the numbers on Edge's shirts??

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
Is that magazine available in the US?
Yeah does anyone know this?? I think I've tried at places like Borders to get TimeOut, but they don't have it. Dammit these pics are so cute! I waaant 'em!

OK, so I dug out my copy (after a frantic search - thought I lost it! *gasp*) and scanned the rest of the pics. I tried WebPhotos. They are really slow and I've had more errors than success in trying to upload!
zoom_photo.asp

zoom_photo.asp

1000030365_211200214639AM0.4398549.jpg

zoom_photo.asp

1000030365_211200221131AM2.582949E-02.jpg

zoom_photo.asp

Oh, and no you can't get the magazine in the US. I was in London the week it came out so that's how I got my copy. From what I can tell, it's kind of like those free weekly newspapers that we get here (except it's not free!) that list all of the events and things going on around town - like LA Weekly or OC Weekly (for those in Southern California). It is mostly a listing of movie times, who's playing in the clubs in London, and showtimes for theater - stuff like that. This issue happened to be the week before the Earl's Court shows. OK, sorry I rambled a bit there
smile.gif

------------------
Fortune cookie lyrics!

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
I want this magazine....Wow, these are awesome are all of these pictures taken by U2 themselves?

From the magazine:
When you're the most photographed band in the world, what you really want is for Time Out magazine to issue you with four lovely Olympus cameras so you can take more pictures of each other. Here Bono, The Edge, Larry Mullen and Adam Clayton capture life thru' their own lenses on tour in France, Italy and Germany. They were particularly proud of Larry's portrait of Bono, framed by his own shoes, *I posted that one in the shoe thread* and The Edge's self-portraits at arm's length. But please, don't ask them to remember exactly who shot what, where or when

------------------
Fortune cookie lyrics!

when these mags came out a while ago I tried as hard as I could to get one.. but to no avail
frown.gif
- which is why i'm SOO grateful for pl who scan these pics! that larry on is *THUD* worthy!!!!!!

I have some diff pics and will post them as soon as my internet stops being rude to me.

------------------
I need something strong to distract my mind
I'm gonna look at you 'til my eyes go blind

Take Me...Higher
Macphisto: Try A Taste Of Martini

"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

Thanks for posting these numbededge!!!
biggrin.gif

i30A952DC-7812-4E42-A8D5-26DA399CF3D2.jpg

AAAAAAH!!! SO CUTE!!!!
biggrin.gif

iBF9D7C9B-0544-4E12-A7F6-781011D5F1FD.jpg

LOL! What's with the expression on Edge's face??

You know, I'm not usually a Bono gal, but I'm sorry. He just looks unspeakably sexy in this picture.

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
i33A2A1E7-F707-412D-B137-358E07B18873.jpg

Also, once and for all, what is up with the crossing out of the numbers on Edge's shirts??

THANK YOU!! What, does he mark them off each time he wears one of them? Do the wardrobe people "x" out the ones they don't want him to wear, and Edge just flagrantly ignores their wishes? I don't get it...

And also, again I think a big "WTF??" is in order in relation to Edge's strange, strange facial expression...

You know, I'm not usually a Bono gal, but I'm sorry. He just looks unspeakably sexy in this picture.[/B]

So, so true. Sorry RSOC, but I think this pic has ended my Adam crush and sent me back to my Bono. Oh how I love him!!!!

i think edge is lost or soemthing... prolly adam took his pic...and edge thought to himself... "go away adam"

AWWWW!!! Lookit how cute he is usin' his little knife and fork like a good irish/british lad!!!

He is so hot even doing the ordinary things.

Originally posted by elizabeth:
AWWWW!!! Lookit how cute he is usin' his little knife and fork like a good irish/british lad!!!

Lookie...no elbows on the table too! What a good lil boy.

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

Originally posted by madamc:
i think edge is lost or soemthing... prolly adam took his pic...and edge thought to himself... "go away adam"

Hee hee! Poor Edge! LOL at Adam taking a picture of Edge instead of helping him find his way. HA!
icon22.gif

Dude! He just polished off, like, 4 plates of food! Hungry, eh there, Adam? Me too. No, no. Not for food
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Hallelujah Here She Comes (edited 02-11-2002).]

You know, somehow it amuses me to imagine that this entire spread was taken out of, like, a lunchbox Adam packed for himself. Hee hee! Like he sat down, opened the lunchbox, pulled out a scalloped white napkin, fine china, silverware, food, layed it out just so, set the lunchbox under the table, and began to eat. Ha! I think this bizarre, bizarre concept owes a debt to Bono, who in Milwaukee mentioned that Adam Clayton "always had posh things in his lunchbox."

biggrin.gif

------------------
"I still can't play guitar
How the hell did I get this far?"

~Bono, Detroit

There is no way we could possibly do infinity push-ups.

i feel so lame for thinking that adam is cute on that pic of him eating...he has impeccable table manners. another turn on *sigh*

You know, I'm a lil upset that they didn't get totally silly and take pictures of them like sleeping in their jammies or in the shower
eek.gif
but these are random enough...Thank the Lord for randomness!

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

Back
Top Bottom