Tickets- who scored, who didn't and is scheming now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumn454

War Child
After the public sale, which I was shut out of despite having friends helping me with other computers, is over, I would like to know who all scored big time and who will, like me, have to scheme and move on to 'plan B' (B for BONO!} If anyone has any ideas as to what to do next, let's talk about it and help each other out. We cannot give up now! For those of you who did get tix, I hold no jealousy or animosity, I am happy for you, lucky dogs!

------------------
*many dreams come true, and some have silver linings. I live for my dream, and a pocketfull of gold*
-Led Zeppelin

I managed to get the 3 GA tkts I wanted for the Austin show. I am still exhausted from all the moving around we did this am. It was well worth it.

Some friends of mine were 4th in line at a tktmonster outlet and only the first guy who bought 1 GA tkt was able to buy GA, the next guy wanted 3 and the lady told him GA's were sold out! That is feckin unbelievable! My friend said she'd never seen anything like it, it was a madhouse! I had ppl waiting at another tktmonster outlet and they came back after they heard GA's were gone, basically the only thing they had were either reserved seating or upper level seats and this was at 10:09 am this morning!
I feel fortunate that we got what we wanted, I am just glad the mad rush for tkts is over, I am exhausted and still frustrated because the tkting system S*CKS bigtime!!!

------------------
"She's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in....She's gonna dream out loud.."

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

I agree maria, the ticket situation was awful! they made us buy each ticket separately! my three tix for Austin are seating, but all separate! Well, I posted this earlier but I'll post it again:

I got sections: 77, 81, and 82; I was wondering if anyone wanted to
trade, cause I want to at least be in the same section as the ppl
that are going w/ me. Thanks.

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Irish people are like Texans" -Bono, 4-3-01

What would Jesus Not do?

Apparently I do not mix well with ticketmaster or tickets.com.....so I am moving onto plan B. Which is: I bought my tickets through internet ticket agencies (and paid a ridiculous amount of money for them). Its worth it!
smile.gif
When L.A. goes on sale tomorrow...I'll be the first to NOT get a ticket! Thats how my life goes... oh well
Also hoping that Propaganda works (trying to get a ticket for my friend).
This whole thing is so stressful!!!
smile.gif

Today I have been trying to relax about the ticket situation...and I've been walking around in my hawaiian sarong. LOL

------------------
*Men should not be forced to wear pants if its not cold* ~Adam

Originally posted by bluesky:
Today I have been trying to relax about the ticket situation...and I've been walking around in my hawaiian sarong. LOL

No kidding, I am exhausted and will definitely get some R&R tomorrow. I am just glad the mad rush for tkts is over for us. This thing gets worse every tour! One of the girls that is going with us for her first U2 show could not believe it, she was telling us, this is crazy!!!
My sis just told her, wait until you see the show! You will be hooked too, then you will understand what all the craziness is all about!
smile.gif

------------------
"She's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in....She's gonna dream out loud.."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
No kidding, I am exhausted and will definitely get some R&R tomorrow.
QUOTE]

This is me and you tomorrow.....

adamskirt.jpg

Actually thats me right now. lol!
smile.gif

------------------

Originally posted by bluesky:
No kidding, I am exhausted and will definitely get some R&R tomorrow.
QUOTE]

This is me and you tomorrow.....

adamskirt.jpg

Actually thats me right now. lol!
smile.gif
Me and You kissing Adam, all 3 of us are wearing sarongs!
smile.gif

ladysman.gif

------------------

*+*MaRiA*+*

All I can do now is PRAY FOR PROP. I sent in my request for 2 GA tixx for Vegas...but I didn't get my ONE lousy ticket for Austin.

CAN ANYONE HELP???
smile.gif
smile.gif

disco...wishin and a-hopin...

Me and You kissing Adam, all 3 of us are wearing sarongs!
smile.gif

ladysman.gif

LOL@us wearing sarongs! How did you know my fantasy??
J/K
biggrin.gif

I totally love that Adam wears sarongs though! And sandals! Just a laid back kinda guy.
icon17.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by bluesky (edited 09-22-2001).]

I am ashamed to say I resorted to an online 'broker'
mad.gif
after striking out in Saturday's sales. I payed way too much but if I want U2 I have to do it. They are more reliable than scalpers in the street. They give you invoices and the tickets are real. Disco, you might have to cough up and do the same. I hope you find some. I want us all to be able to go. We need our boys!

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Well, just posted my sad story in the other forum, I am freaking out right now! This is how the day went:
So, I got up at 6 am this morn and headed off to my cousins' neighborhood in Salinas, CA, there was only ONE person in front of us ,so we thought we had a good chance....

First show goes on sale, NO LUCK, the guy sais there are NO GA available, so we wait. I kept telling the guy anyways, to make a long story short...at 10:35 he sais he can offer us 85.00 seats back of arena. OH MY GOD! NO!!!!!!!!! My cousin and I have saved our pennies for a trip down to LA to see U2. We have NO tickets. I have 11/12-11/16 off. NO TIX!!!

So, I know this will sound ridiculous, but if anyone has any good tix for LA, please let me know! I will make it worthwhile for ya! I
promise! I have been stressing all day, can't think of anything else, I cannot believe that they sold out, NO!!!
If anyone can help, please e-mail me at
U2SJ@hotmail.com

Thanks for any help, somehow, WE WILL MEET UP IN LA!!!
I wanted to do Vegas, but $$$$ won't allow it, so I am praying for LA tix.... Already checked Ebay, not a pretty sight
HELP!?!?!?!?!
So my question is to all ya crazy PLEBA girls like me is:
WHICH INTENET TICKET BROKERS ARE GOOD?
bluesky and GypsyHeartGirl : Where did ya get 'em and how much?
Last time I resorted to paying 225 per GA ticket for Phoenix, in the name of plan B (BONO)! It was worth it, but $ is tight and I am freaking out too.
frown.gif
And if the Oakland sales goes like this next weekend, OMG I will just be so confused on what to do. I don't mind dishing out like 125 per ticket, but any more, I am broke. Thanks for letting me vent here. I spent the day with my Mom and all the relatives to celebrate a birthday, and the whole day I was SOOOO bummed out. And NOONE there understood my pain. My mom was so annoyed on the hour and a half drive home.
ARGHHH I must see U2 before they go back home.
OK girls, lets brainstorm. Post any good internet deals here??? Or atleast good brokers with real tix?
I still have Prop to hope for one of the nights.
OK. I'm gonna try to relax after another day of ticketmaster hell.
My story, BTW is much longer, but I cannot even tell it again! We ran back and forth between a Wherehouse and a "Ritmo Latino" where the guy spoke very little Inglese and kept telling me that only BASS tix sold U2 tix? Anyways we spent 5 hours and came home with absolutely nothin'-

To cheer those of us that are still ticketless up, here's a pic that my cousin finally found of when Larry and Adam signed autographs with us. TOO FUNNY! My cousin and I were so damn struck by really seeing them in front of us that we couldn't even ask for a pic, but my Aunt that came with us to take pics of the event, asked and LOOKIE HERE!
WHAT A BABE LARRY IS LOOK AT THOSE EYES!!!!
LARRY.jpg

No tickets for Chlo?....so I'm listening very carefully to the radio, and hoping that there'll be some sort of contest! *crosses fingers*

My computer broke down yesterday morning just before the sale! I called my brother and he tried his best but he was unable to get through. So-GULP- I confess, I coughed up $145 each for 2 GA tix to Baltimore. I have dealt with this 'broker' before and I know they are legit and give you an invoice and use FEDEX for delivery. They are more honest than street brokers, who use fakes. The online brokers are likely the ones who payed those people to stand in line and take our tickets so some jerk could charge us $100 more than face value
mad.gif
I would do this for U2 and only U2. If anyone wants to know the broker please post your email and I will tell you. They are high but they are the cheapest I have found by far, and I have checked around. If they don't have any to your show, don't give up, keep checking, they are constantly adding more, almost up to the show date.I don't mean to advertise for these ripoff artists, but sometimes it's the only way to get your U2 fix. Also, don't forget for some shows more tickets are released the day of the show! It happened for almost every gig on the first leg! Good luck everybody.

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

[This message has been edited by GypsyHeartgirl (edited 09-23-2001).]

[This message has been edited by GypsyHeartgirl (edited 09-23-2001).]

Ok, Gypsy - send me their number PLEASE!?!
U2SJ@hotmail.com
THANKS!
145 is better than 200 or 250 , and it is U2
right? I think it is justified~

I was online at 10:00 for Philly tix - and got through at 10:01 for this message:

Sorry we are unable to fill your request... bla bla bla.

How do you sell out of all GAs in 1 minutes? So I tried again and again - same answer. Best available got me crap seats at the back top of the arena - this is at like 10:03. What a crock. So I called the Philly # of ticketmaster - busy busy busy.

In frustration - at about 10:15 - I called my LOCAL ticketmaster number (I live in TN) - got right through and scored 2 GAs. I couldn't believe it - the online had been telling me they were sold out for 15 minutes. (I mean, I tried at least 10 times). So I tried to call back to pick up 2 more, and they were gone by then. I got a live person and they told me the show was sold out - this was about 10:35.

So - moral of the story - don't give up and if one way doesn't work - try another. Not that it helps much now.. but hey.

Good luck to y'all finding tickets. Be sure and put a post in What Do You Want. You might get lucky.

Peace to y'all!

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by U2SJ:
WHAT A BABE LARRY IS LOOK AT THOSE EYES!!!!
LARRY.jpg

OMG! He looks so good in this picture!
I'll email you U2SJ about where I got my tix.
smile.gif

bluesky

------------------

Back
Top Bottom