ThrustingBono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallingStar

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
He is gone cos the gif was too big.

And I'd do everything for getting him back into my sig.

I have no bleedin clue how to shrink a gif, but I need ThrustingBono.

Someone who can shrink gifs, please tell me how or help me with this problem.

It was a present from an Interferencer and I.won't.let.this.gif.die. This gif was and is a memory on a wonderful time and a great person and I can't let it be taken away from me. Never.

miniMW.gif

FallingStar said:
I see him thrusting into nothingness!! :scream:

:sad:

I can't even think on FallingStar without ThrustingBono! :|

Okay, done with posting in my own threads.
[BTW what about deleting everything else in my sig - is this better then for keeping him, Sicy/Elvis/whoever? There are others with bigger gifs and I have to delete mine? :huh:]

Thank you, MK and Soulnation. :(

--------

One of the things I'd like to know: Why do you say all at once that ThrustingBono is too big when he wasn't for months?! I had him at least since August or even earlier and nobody ever said it was too big. :eyebrow:

I had a crap day, I will have for the rest of the week and then today ThrustingBono was deleted - I am at a point where I don't care what I do as long as I get my Bono back. :|

Did you try asking one of the admins why the gif was taken off?

it's at 41kb... it might be too big in that respect...

*edit to add....if you still have the stills the give was made from I can shrink it if you want me to, but I can't do it from the gif itself

Last edited:
daisybean said:
Did you try asking one of the admins why the gif was taken off?

it's at 41kb... it might be too big in that respect...
Sicy said it was too big - but it wasn't for the recent couple of months and exactly today it turned out to be too big? :eyebrow:

It isn't that I put a much too big gif in my sig just yesterday and the admins say that it is too big - I got it almost since I came here! :scream:

**********Edit:
I don't have the stils, or I could shrink them myself - it was a present from someone and she gave it to me the way it is now!!!:|

Last edited:
Ok first of all.. its not 41kb.. its 413 kb. That's almost half a mb.

I already told you why you werent notified earlier... I told you that Elvis was browsing the boards and was alerting me of things that are 'breaking the rules'. Which is why you werent notified before. Elvis doesnt browse the board everyday.

Second of all.. I've never heard so much whining in one thread about a gif. I mean no offense but JEEEEZ!!

I suggest cutting off the right side of it to shrink it down, to just keep the bono part. But it depends on how big it comes out to be.

Sicy said:
Second of all.. I've never heard so much whining in one thread about a gif. I mean no offense but JEEEEZ!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You crack me up Sicy.

:lmao:

Oh and LarryMullen's_POPAngel, you know I'm joking about this, don't you?

:eeklaugh:

Well I dont think FallingStar is joking. She seems genuinely upset about this.

I am in the process of talking to Elvis about making some kind of SET limits we're allowed to have in our sigs so that none of you feel picked on. I mean, this is part of the bandwidth problem we're having. It takes me a long time to load pages with gifs like fallingstar's and I have DSL !!

If you see people's sigs that you think arent appropriate, pm me or one of the mods! I cant watch out for EVERYONE yknow. :der:

U2SavesTheWorld said:
Where is BC?

Somehow she ended up on my Ignore List.

Its just ODD.

:|

So THAT'S what your sig meant...I saw it in another thread and was like :huh:. :laugh:

I've been at school and work all day...my night class is about to begin in a few actually, so I'll have to go for now! When I get home tonight, I can see if there's anything I can do with the gif. :)

DO I SEEM LIKE A BITCH IN THIS THREAD??

Gee, I didnt think so.. I was just making some points, and explaining some rules.

And I can certainly take a joke, you all know that. :)

How's this?

BonoMW.gif

As I mentioned in another thread, I am losing my webspace at the end of the year when I graduate, so I will no longer be able to host gifs. If you like the gif and wish to continue to use it, please save it to your computer and upload it somewhere (or find somebody who can upload it somewhere).

BC, I actually think the one you made is cooler than the first one.

Sicy, I totally don't think you sound like a bitch in this thread, seriously.

Problem solved FS?

See, no reason to freak out.

BC saves the day.

Even though its still too big. But I'M NOT THE ONE WHO CARES, its Elvis.. so put it in your sig and deal with him.

He even told me mine was too big and its only 55kb!!!

:banghead:

Sicy said:

Even though its still too big. But I'M NOT THE ONE WHO CARES, its Elvis.. so put it in your sig and deal with him.

Oops...

This one is better...but it's still 44.4KB:

BonoMW1.gif

Sicy said:
Well I dont think FallingStar is joking. She seems genuinely upset about this.
I was genuinely upset about this. But all in all I didn't mean what I said. Not at all. I really have to sound like a real bitch at times. :der: I wasn't angry with you - if you meant that - I was angry with the fact itself that the gif was too big; that was the point.

Hey, BC, I don't know how much work it was, but it is great - thank you. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom