Through The Sleet And Driving Snow Part 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenBlue

Blue Crack Addict
Enjoy! One swear in this one. Warm fuzzy feelings ahead!

Disclaimer: Tis a work of fiction, purely for entertainment only.. and to ward off boredom.

--

A limo had been waiting for them when they finally emerged, somewhat disheveled, but very happy, from the aircraft. Bono huddled deep into his jacket and murmured about it being a bit chilly, whereas Serena thought it felt lovely compared to the weather she was used to and walked out without even zippering up her jacket. Bono had simply rolled his eyes and muttered something about 'Crazy Canadians'. Still he slipped his arm behind Serena's back and cradled her into him. Probably to help block the wind, she figured. She was still reeling from the flight she had just taken and she wasn't talking about the airplane.

The chauffeur opened the door for them and they crawled into the black limo. It was so big, unnecessarily so, especially since it was just the two of them and it wasn't like she was going to sit ten feet away from him. No way, she fully intended to lay her head on his shoulder and simply revel in all things Bono. So she did. He sidled over by the window and she moved in so she was pressed right against him. A deep throated chuckle emerged and Serena melted again slightly. It didn't take much to make her melt now. He simply had to grab her hand, or chuckle or breathe on her skin. And when he did all three in quick succession, which he just had, well she was completely lost and savoured every second. She cuddled up into him and he curled his strong arm protectively around her.

"We're going to head to my home away from home, love"

"A pub?"

A Bono laugh.

"Very funny sweetheart."

Serena could see out the window from where she was resting her head, she craned to look up at huge buildings. They didn't really exist where she was from, high rises. There were medium risers, but nothing big like these. And the traffic! Yikes! She'd been through Montreal and Toronto before and this was similar but somehow bigger. Everything was bigger here but she didn't feel small. Maybe if she were here on her own she might, but she felt larger than life thanks to the man beside her. His heart seemed to extend around the world and it had it's own gravitational pull which she was falling into, pretty quickly. She was diving headfirst and she didn't give a damn. He made her feel safe, and wanted and.. loved. She wanted to deny it at first, that it was simple lust. Simple. But it wasn't simple. Things were spiraling very quickly and there was more than just need and want.. she was falling in love. She knew that. Her heart filled with his affection, her spirit enlightened by just him being there, his ability to make her laugh, the songs in his eyes... he was making her spin, he made her dizzy.

The limo had stopped in front of a tall building. Not a hotel. An apartment building of some sort? Bono gathered up his pack and got out with Serena still in tow. An attendant at the front door greeted them while Bono punched in a code into an intercom. The door released and they entered into a nicely furnished lobby. Something told Serena that this was a bit out of her price range, but she couldn't help but marvel at it. Bono made a beeline for an elevator and pressed one of the higher floors buttons. After a short journey, they reached their floor and walked down a long, quite hall lit by dim lights. At the end of the hallway, Bono put down his pack and rummaged through the pockets of his jacket. First the outside ones, then he cursed quietly before snapping his fingers and reaching into his inside pocket and then grinning when he found the key. The door opened and revealed... a dark room. She couldn't she much of anything and simply stood there until Bono spoke.

"Come into my parlour.. " he said, grabbing at her hands and hauling her in. The door closed on its own and suddenly there was no light at all spare for what was coming from the windows.. which wasn't much. She could just make out the silhouette of him in front of her. She reached her hand out and found his face. She traced her fingers along the stubble on his face, she loved the way that felt. Then she moved her hand slowly across his lips.

"Bono" she sighed sweetly. She leaned into him, once again resting her head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around her and began to rock her, to dance to the silence of the darkness around them. He began to hum something, and at first, she didn't recognize it but then it registered with her. 'You Are My Sunshine'. That's what it was. Serena could feel the tears building and tried hard to hold them back when she felt one of those clumsy fingers at the corner of her eye. How did he know in the darkness?

"Shh. Sweetheart. It's alright. It's alright." His hold on her tightened in a reassuring manner and she in turned hugged into him even more. Rocking back and forth to an unknown waltz, in the middle of the big city.. only they were the only two people that existed. He swayed with her until they were standing by one of the large plate glass windows that peered out into the obliveon of an endless city. He stood in behind her with his arms encircled around her and placed his chin on her shoulder.

"Tonight, this city belongs to me, angel." It was the first thing that came to her mind and it had slipped out her mouth unexpectantly. She felt his breath on her ear and a low hum, almost like he was purring. An Cat Dubh indeed.

"How about I turn on the lights so I can actually look at your lovely face." He made to move but Serena grabbed his arms and held him firmly. Of course, she knew he could easily overpower her and get out of her flimsy grip.. but he didn't. She turned slowly to face him, able to see more of his face from the glow of NYC that was pouring through the glass. She made to go in for a kiss and then at the absolute last second she yawned. A really big loud yawn too.

"Well, that's one way to ruin a moment" she snarked. She didn't want to admit to him that she was completely and utterly knackered from the events of the day, their exercise routines and the surprises that went with it.

"I actually was wondering when that was going to happen. I'm glad you did it first though. Could be quite embarrassing." A full grin was plastered across his face. She playfully smacked him on the arm and he held it in mock surprise like it had really hurt. He walked over to a nearby lamp and flicked it on, throwing soft light around the penthouse. It was beautifully furnished atop gorgeous hardwood floors, bookshelves and artwork lined the walls.

"What do you say to a nightcap with your friendly neighbourhood rockstar. I'm knackered. Seriously woman! You've worn me out. Besides that, lots to do tomorrow." He winked and beckoned her to follow him.

"What's going on tomorrow?" She tried to get more out of him but once again, he remained mum.

"Just some stuff. You know."

She rolled her eyes and sighed, realizing that he wasn't going to say anymore. He flipped a switch and the room beside them lit up. Bono's master bedroom. A beautiful bed graced the centre of the room adorned with a puffy white duvet against a dark chestnut headboard. It looked incredibly comfortable, actually it looked like a bed that would be alot of fun to jump on. She laughed to herself. She wandered to his pack and grabbed the clothes out of it that he had stowed away. Her pajamas were not there.

"Bono?"

"Mmhmm" he responded as he turned down the bed.

"Did you happen to pack my pj's?"

"Nope, I didn't."

"You know, that kind of sounds like you forgot them on purpose."

He was sat on the edge of the bed, hauling off his shoes and socks trying very hard to fight the urge to grin.

"It does seem a bit suspicious doesn't it"

The sportscoat went flying and landed right on top of Serena's head. She swore and then placed it on a nearby chair. Now he was undoing the only button he had fastened on his frilly black shirt. Serena suddenly couldn't take her eyes off him as he subtly undressed. It wasn't a big surprise or anything, she'd seen him undress twice already today.. but just the way he was moving, slowly and relaxed.. she was completely hypnotized. That is, until the shirt whipped past her face and onto the floor. She looked at it and then back to the now half-naked Bono who was unfastening his belt.

"Come on, then" He said, patting the sheets beside him. "Get 'em off"

"But I haven't any pj's"

" I know."

"So you want me to sleep in the buff."

"That's the general idea yes. Don't worry, you won't be the only one"

Serena tsked and felt her face heat up.

"This doesn't have anything to do with the fact I sent you out naked in the cold air to the car to get your suitcase does it?"

"Oh no.. no love, not at all. Well, okay, maybe a little bit. Just a bit. " His pants slipped to the floor and he stepped out of them. Serena gasped again.

"Shut off the light for a second." she said.

"Why?"

"So I can get undressed without seeing you eyeballing me."

"You didn't seem to mind it before. Besides you seemed to quite enjoy watching me disrobe right this very second" He wiggled his arse at her.

"Bono" she pleaded and he reluctantly obliged, shutting the lamp off.. for about ten seconds and then flicking it back on momentarily just in time to see her throwing her shirt on the floor.

"BONO!"

The light went out again with that hearty chuckle dancing in the night air.

"You needn't be so shy, honey. You've a lovely body."

Serena scoffed, hauled of the rest of her garb and felt her way over to the side of the bed. Finally, she hopped in and pulled the duvet over her. It was just as comfortable as it looked. Unconsciously, she moved so that she was closer to Bono, his head resting on the tip of her shoulder. He draped one arm behind her head and the other around her, pulling her even closer. She could feel his chest hairs on her back and if she weren't so tired, she definitely would have flipped over to run her fingers through that hair. Instead though, she simply relaxed into him, There'd be plenty of time for antics later. Of that she'd no doubt. She felt him move his head briefly to place a kiss on her cheek.

"Goodnight sweetheart."

"Goodnight Bono."

It didn't take long for sleep to claim her. Bono felt her melt even further into his chest and he readjusted his arms, realizing that he was in a very good place. He actually felt like pinching himself.. what luck. Now to convince her to return with him. Ah, but that could wait. For now, sleep was beginning to slow him down and he curled himself around her before falling off into a very contented dream state.
--

Light. There was natural light pooling across the bedspread and illuminating both Serena and a still sleeping Bono. Serena squinted in the light and flipped over to face her companion, who by the looks of his eyelids and the general muscle twitches, was having a pretty good dream right about then. She took the moment to quietly contemplate him. His gentle features, the laugh lines, his mouth that so often smile crooked at her was now slightly open. The stubble on his chin growing a bit more. She loved the feel of stubble, always had. She'd always had a thing for scruffy guys. Now she was falling for the ultimate scruffy guy, laying next to him in his bed, on the twenty second floor of a ritzy apartment complex in the middle of the chaos of a big city. It wouldn't have mattered where they were, she simply felt so much better whenever he was around.

"Hey baby" Bono whispered. He hadn't even opened his eyes yet.

"Hey sleeping beauty. Having a good dream were we?"

Bono's eyelids snapped open and for a minute it almost looked like he was blushing.

"Oh.. uh.. yep. I didn't.. you know.. do anything while I was sleeping did I?" And he flashed his eyes down his body and then back at her.

Serena shook her head.

"Oh that's good. That's good. I'm so often alone.. that I.. well I'm just glad that I didn't make an arse of myself. Anyway, how'd you sleep honey?"

"Like a rock. As soon as you kissed my head last night, I was gone. I haven't had that active a day.. well, ever really. I think my whole body was like 'WTF is the girl up to anyway' "

"My apologies." Bono said.

"For crap sakes, don't apologize. You've made me feel better than I ever have. I feel... alive. ." She pecked him briefly on the lips. "You really mean alot to me." She searched his beautiful blue eyes as she spoke. " I think..." and she suddenly trailed off. Bono lifted her chin with one of his thick fingers and she could feel his intense gaze on her.

"What is it darling? Come on now, you know you can tell me anything."

Serena sighed.

"It's just that... I think.. no, I don't think.. I know.. I know for a concrete fact that... that I'm in love with you." She searched his face for any response and she found it when his expression changed from one of concern to compassion with a broad smile widening across his face. There were those lovely laugh lines again.

He responded by pulling her in for one of those eternal, romantic kisses. Not a sexual kiss, but merely one that was full of the feeling of love, kindness and understanding. When he pulled back, the warm smile returned.

"I happen to know" He started "And I've known this for quite awhile now, nearly since the day we met... that I love you. Serena, fuck the lyrics.. I came here to be with you because I couldn't sleep at home. I couldn't get much done. I just had to.. see you. To... touch you. To hold you. I hoped in my heart of hearts that you felt the same way. I didn't want to leave it too long before I returned, in case.. well.. in case you'd given up.. or maybe you weren't interested after all. I just.. I needed to know. Now I've a question for you, a proposition if you will, you don't have to answer me right away but I hope you'll at least consider it."

Serena, who wasn't sure when the tears had started falling down her cheeks, always a sucker for sappy situations nodded. "Name it." she whispered.

Bono took a deep breath, running his finger along the base of her chin.

"Come back with me. To Dublin. Please."

--

Last edited:
:ohmy: It just occured to me, Raven, that Bono's house could potentially be a bit overcrowded, what with Serena AND Danni....

:lol:

On the other hand... a Bono sandwich!! :evil:

Carrie

Awwww, love this story, so sweet.

But ... is it only me or is there something missing between the end of chapter 13 and this chapter?

RavenBlue said:
I didn't do a detailed explanation of their antics on the plane after the short chapter thirteen.. so it might seem a bit disjointed because of that :shrug:

I'm sure everyone's imagination can do a good job of that "hidden" scene, Raven.

I know mine can! :evil:

Carrie

Oh, I somehow overlooked that chapter 14 was already set in the airplane.

:evil:

Oh what naughty things people can do on such a short flight ...

Wooo, I'm finally caught up on this fic :hyper:

I must say Raven, you are an incredible writer :up: And you don't have to worry about not writing the smut, chapter 13 was damn hot enough without it :combust:

Back
Top Bottom