Through The Sleet And Driving Snow Part 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenBlue

Blue Crack Addict
It's finally here. Sorry this one took so long. Some swearing here.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Disclaimer: For fun, don't know the band etc etc.

--

Bathed in the final moments of twilight, Serena conversed silently with Bono while staring deep into his eyes, and beyond, to his soul. So much love seemed to pour from his being and it encompassed her, embraced her like nothing she'd ever experienced before. She had wept when he held her afterwards. Not tears of any kind of sadness, but at the celebration of her lonesomeness leaving and this newfound sensation of arms encircling her, heart that she could hear beat. He asked her why she was crying and she said because she was happy. Since then they had been lying arms still entwined, foreheads touching, looking at each other. Saying so much while saying absolutely nothing at all.

Bono's mind was at total ease, beyond the plateau of bliss. Instead of raw passion, now there was the subtle grace of compassion. His hunger for true feeling, real honest to god emotion was filled. His heart overflowing with the gifts that she offered him and he gladly received. Oh, he had never felt such love before. He knew it was just the beginning and that it would be safer to air on the side of caution but something, something felt really right here. Beyond the heat of her touch, beyond her slow calm breathing that seemed to hypnotize him. It was one of those moments, those rare ones that everyone wants to find. The world stopped turning and the stars aligned.

Serena let out a long, contented sigh that brushed against Bono's cheek and he smiled warmly, reaching out to trace the outline of her cheek with his chunky fingers. She, in turn, tilted her head forward and pressed her lips to his in a short, sweet response. She pulled back slightly, their lips still touching.

"Wise men say" she sang softly "only fools rush in... but I can't help falling in love with you."

"Shall I stay." Bono whispered "would it be a sin.. if I can't help falling in love with you." He brought her lips to his once more.

'Those wise men." Serena said, her eyes twinkling. "They're full of shit."

Bono grinned.

"Yes they are, sweetheart."

"I know it sounds incredibly cliche, but I've never felt this way before. Not that I've been with a ton of guys anyway, but you make me feel so damn good." Her eyes flashed with a bit of mischievous spirit for a second and then with a blink they were back to overflowing with compassion. "And I don't just mean from what we just did, just being around you.. I feel so much better. Does that sound strange?"

Bono shook his head.

"I'm experiencing the same sensations my dear. New territory for me as well, and I'm more than happy to explore it as long as it's with you."

She curled up closer to him as he rolled onto his back. She laid her head on his chest, over his heart. She liked hearing his heartbeat, it was so calming. The sounds coming from within him though, were making her giggle.

"What's so funny?"

"Your stomach.. " She laughed. "Bono are you hungry?"

"Only for you sweetheart." She couldn't see his face from where she was looking, though the view from here way still quite nice, but she was sure that a devilish grin was painted on his face at that moment. Just then his stomach gurgled rather loudly. About five seconds later, hers did as well. Bono chuckled.

"Looks like we're going to have to get up." She pouted for a second. She really didn't want to move, everything was perfect . But both their bodies were demanding to be fed.

"Just think of it this way. Food gives us energy, the more energy we have the more we can.."

"BONO!"

He grinned into her hair. "Oh come on, like you weren't thinking that too!"

She couldn't help but grin, he was right of course.

"So.. do you want to eat in or go out? And no dirty jokes please" She giggled.

"Well" he said and looked over at her clock radio, which said it was around 7pm. " I happened to book us into a rather nice restaurant actually. When I was at HQ early each day because I couldn't get to sleep thinking of you.. well, I surfed around and booked up a bunch of stuff."

"Bored were you? What time is the reservation for?"

"Anytime."

"Anytime?"

"Yep"

"How'd you manage that?"

"I'm Bono."

She laughed and playfully kicked his thigh.

"Hey hey, careful there."

"Well I really don't want to move from here, but we need to eat." She sighed.

"There's only one problem."

"What?"

"My pack is in the car."

"So?"

"Well, my clothes are in the pack."

"Mmmhmm... and? "

"Since I hugged you earlier when you were covered in skunk goo, my clothes that I wore in here now smell like Eau de Pepe LePew."

"I see. So you're afraid to go out to the car in the buff and get your suitcase and you want me to go get them. Is that it?"

"Well, um, yea. That's pretty much it."

"Are you afraid of the bears?"

"Not particularly, it's more the cold air hitting my... you know"

She laughed really loud. Her hyena like laugh.

"I dare you."

He drew in a long breath and then released it.

"Um."

"Either you go out as you are and get your clothes or it's going to be a lovely macaroni and peanut butter dinner because I haven't gotten the groceries yet this week." She was surprising herself. She hadn't acted like this, well, ever.. let's be honest here. It felt so hilariously evil.

"Peanut butter and macaroni hmmm?"

"Yep."

"Alright then."

Serena moved over and then stood up, and then waited for him to follow. He stared up at her with puppy dog eyes but was trying hard to stifle a grin at the same time.

"We could always go like this." he said.

"Get up and out there Bono. I'm sure your fine arse will be alright."

"It's not my arse I'm worried about."

Serena rolled her eyes.

"Okay, I'm going, I'm going." He leaned on the edge of the bed and then stood up and made his way out to the hallway. He held his nose as he rummaged through his coat pocket for the keys in his jacket and then slowly descended the steps.

"Geez, it's a bit nippy down here."

Serena had flicked on a light at the top of the stairs and could now see poor Bono in all his glory as he slipped into his boots.

"Now that's a fashion statement"

"Funny! You are so funny" He said, straight faced. "You do realize I am so totally going to get you for this."

She mock shivered.

"I am so scared."

He had his hand on the door latch now and he was taking deep breaths. Then he looked up at Serena once more with pleading, yet slightly amused eyes.

"Wish me luck."

"Good luck, fearless warrior."

"Okay. One. Two. Three" and on three he pulled the door open and then sprinted towards his car.

"FUCK FUCK FUCK it's so fucking cold out here." She could hear him open the trunk and grab his pack all the while mumbling. "I am so going to get you for this. So good. Just you wait and see missy. Oh yes. Jesus, so damned cold." Then she heard him running back towards the door, swearing the whole way. His pack flew through the doorway first and then Bono arrived shortly after, slamming the door behind him. He shivered as he took his boots off. Serena stalked down the stairs and put her arms around his cold torso.

"Now then" she cooed in his ear. "Let me get you warmed up and we'll head off to supper."

--

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom