Through The Sleet And Driving Snow Part 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenBlue

Blue Crack Addict
I don't think I've broken any rules with this chapter. The general idea is there, but I don't go into any grand detail about it. A bit of making out though, which I think is alright.. right? :wink: :shrug:

I'm thinking that I'll wrap up this story soon now, so I can maybe start on something else.. or try my hand at the writers club ditties.

Thanks everyone for their kind words of encouragement. :)

Disclaimer: Not true. Fiction. No profit. Don't know 'em. A product of an overactive imagination in a long, snowy winter.

--
"What the FECK has happened with my new Roland Pre-amp?" Poor Edge was more than a little miffed and his eyes were forming a sort of deathray laser beam in Bono's general direction.

Bono pretended not to hear, instead twisting the volume knobs on his guitar.

"Ah Edge, probably mice or something" Adam said nonchalantly.

"Mice?!"

"I hear they can be quite destructive sometimes."

"I cannot believe what you're say...."

"Can we PLEASE get through this session without bursting into a fight about nothing, please." interrupted Larry.

Edge sighed and called over Dallas.

"Please tell me you can fix that."

Dallas smiled reassuringly as he fiddled with knobs and levers, then his face twisted into a look of confusion and he stood back, scratching his head.

"What happened to this?"

"I think Hanover Quay may have a rodent problem." Edge said as he still glared towards Bono.

Dallas nodded as he followed Edge's line of vision.

"Ah, yes, they can be quite destructive. I'll see what I can do, boss." Dallas sat down on a stool and began trying to figure out what the heck happened to the sophisticated piece of equipment.

--

"You look like hell, Bono."

"Nice to see you too, Adam"

Bono put his guitar strap over his head and began playing the chords from the song they'd started in Canada. He walked over to one of the windows and looked down at the street. A gaggle of about seven fans had gathered at the other side of the road. He'd go out later, right now he wanted to get this going. He wanted to see what the song would sound like with the full band. But now Adam was being all observant as he noticed the bags under Bono's eyes.

"Did you get any shuteye last night?"

"I had a.. shall we say, restless sleep."

Adam nodded.

"The girl, is it then?"

Bono didn't reply. He simply continued playing the chord progression over and over.

"Right, well, let's give this a try, shall we?" Adam picked up his bass and began trying out different notes that would fit with the guitar chords. Larry, who had been silent for the most part began nodding his head ever so slightly as he tried to find the groove of the song. Edge, over his equipment meltdown, picked out the tan telecaster he'd used on Vertigo and began clicking buttons on his pedal board. An impromptu jam session was all the song was at this point, but that's where many of their best ideas sprung from. Bono knew the first verse off by heart, and after a few false starts, he managed to get through it fairly well. However, when he had stopped singing the third time Larry had expected him to come in, the music stopped abruptly.

"Bono? Why aren't you singing more? We're just playing in circles here."

Bono went over to his black briefcase and searched through endless papers.

"Feck, fuck fuck"

"What?!"

"I forgot the lyrics at Serena's." He grimaced.

"So write new ones" sniped Larry.

"Those are the right ones. I don't have new lyrics for that song. " Bono said, clearly agitated.

"Why don't you call Serena and have her read them out to you so you can write them down." Edge suggested.

Bono's stormy face soon turned into a wide smile as a lightbulb went off in his head.

"I have a better idea."

"Okay, well, we'll leave that on that backburner for now. How's about we try some other ideas. See what we come up with."

They all nodded and as they dove into another random creative jam session.

--

The week had gone fairly quickly, even with the arrival of a small Alberta clipper that dumped a little bit of snow and a lot of rain turning her driveway into a skating rink. Bono called twice or more a day and it was helping the remainder of the winter pass much more easily. She was down at the end of the driveway, repositioning the mailbox after it had had a run in with the plow for the umpteenth time. She wasn't pleased to see inside a brown envelope from the government of New Brunswick. She knew what it was. Her EI was running out again. She seemed to work the same hours every summer but it seemed every year that her benefits would run out even earlier than the previous year. She sighed. Well, this was a bit of a bummer but she would do as she always did and rely on good old VISA for a few months. She'd been doing that for years, but the hardest part was being able to pay all the bills and get groceries at the same time. She reasoned that folks could save alot of money if they didn't have to eat. If she ever did get a chance to talk to God, she'd ask him about remodeling the humans so that eating wasn't a necessity. That would make life a hell of a lot easier. Until that time, however, she'd bide her time and hope that the money seeking beings didn't come and smite her.

It was around this point that Bono left the Moncton airport and rented a small hatch backed Toyota. He was so thrilled to be back here that his foot rarely left that gas pedal. He hadn't told the guys that he was going back to see her, he did have business in New York later on and he fully intended to take her with him. And get the lyrics, the perfect excuse to come back. Oh sure, he could have done as Edge had suggested and had Serena dictate them to him over the phone, but that would've been no fun whatsoever.

Serena entered the darkened small tool shed and placed the hammer back on the cluttered workbench. One of these days, she'd find the energy to sort through the mess and maybe install another window. My goodness it was dark in there and drafty too. Something had clawed and chewed its way into the shed at one point. Serena shrugged, reasoning it was likely looking for shelter and she was more than happy to provide it. However, she had expected that the creature had left. She was sadly mistaken. After one of the nails fell out of her pocket and rolled under a nearby chair, Serena bent down and reached out trying to find it using only touch. It was then that she was sure she had felt fur. Her hand recoiled back, but her curiosity got the better of her. Slowly, she got down on her knees and waited for her eyes to adjust to the grainy lighting; Two eyes were staring back at her. And then the eyes were gone, the creature had turned around. Serena felt something wet hit her face. Her nose twitched.

She kicked open the door of the shed just in time to see a little blue Yaris pulling up beside her parked car. Serena already had a grim look on her face but when she squinted through the rank moistness in her eyes she realized who was in the car. Oh timing. What great timing this was. She saw him get out of the car and he sprinted over to her, ready to give her the full Bono hug when about a foot away he stopped dead in his tracks.

"Hi Bono"

She saw him trying to hold his breath.

"Serena! Sweetheart, you look lovely! Sadly I cannot say you smell lovely."

"I just got sprayed by a skunk." she said, her voice completely flat. "Don't hug me, you'll only get it on your fancy clothes."

Bono shrugged. "I have more in the car" he closed the gap between them and embraced Serena in a full bear hug. She melted against him, oh it was so lovely to simply feel his touch again. He kissed her forehead.

"Pleh.. he really got you good didn't he?" Bono crinkled up his nose.

Serena nodded. "I'll have to take a bath pronto."

"Well, that sounds like a marvy idea. Mind if I join in?"

She glared at him.

"Alright, alright. I'll keep sentry outside the bathroom, just in case the skunk tries something."

"My hero" Serena laughed as she trudged up the steps and into the kitchen. She began rummaging through different canned goods and Bono, standing above her tilted his head trying to figure out what the hell she was looking for.

"Ah I knew I had some. Hopefully three cans will be enough."

"Three cans of what?"

"Tomato juice."

"You're going to take a bath in.... tomato juice?"

"Tried and true skunk stink eliminator. Actually." she sniffed his hair "It probably wouldn't hurt you to join me after all." She eyed him mischievously.

"Oh, uh, well. Okay. I'll keep my trunks on though. Have to say, this will be a first for me."

"Never bathed in creamy tomato juice before?" Serena tsked. "And you call yourself a rock star!."

Serena went in her room and changed into a pair of shorts and a black t-shirt.

"I mainly got sprayed in the face. This will stop you from catching a gawk!"

"Do you really think I'd do such a thing?" he said sheepishly.

She began running the water in the tub and mixed in the tomato juice as the water neared the top.

"It may be a bit of a tight fit." Serena said as she crawled cautiously into the steaming red goo. After she'd sat down and let out a rather contented sigh, her eyes looked up at him. He'd shed his trousers and shirt as instructed and now was standing before her in just a pair of.. Spongebob Squarepants boxer shorts.

"Nice shorts"

"Thanks"

"Well, come on then."

Bono dipped his toe into the strange concoction. Oh, if the lads only knew what he was doing right now.

"That's really quite hot don't you think?"

"Can't stand the heat Mr.Hewson?"

He pouted momentarily and then maneuvered himself opposite her. Her legs were in between his.

"See, if you try any funny stuff your berries are going to get a kick."

Bono gulped.

"Noted."

"You know, this actually feels pretty good. So now what do you we do?" he queried.

"We soak, basically and then we'll rinse off in the shower afterwards." There was that Macphisto smile again. Oh dear, she was going to have a hard time behaving as well. Keep strong, she kept telling herself. Keep strong. Meanwhile, Bono had cupped a handful of the red water and dumped it over his head. He rubbed it into his hair and soon red droplets were running down his face.

"Are you embarrassed or something? You're awful red." Serena started giggling and Bono flung a handful of the water in her face.

"Make fun of me will you." And he moved closer to her, dumping the tomato juice over her head. He breathed in. "At least you're smelling less stinky and more delicious. You actually smell like one of the signature dishes at the Clarence." He licked her forehead, causing her to shriek.

"Ack, Bono!"

"I just wanted to see how it tasted." He licked his lips.

Bono settled back again against the end of the tub, but he had to keep readjusting as the tap was right behind him. Finally he stood up.

"Get out for a second."

"Why?"

"Because you're fecking tap is jabbing into my neck. Come on, humour me will you. I've come a long way to see you, you know."

She stood up and got out of the tub for a second. She seemed oblivious to the fact that she was dripping all over the place. She watched as Bono sat down where she had been and then splashed the water between his legs.

"Come on, sweetheart"

Serena's eyes widened.

"Bono, I am not an idiot!"

He sighed.

"I'll be good, I promise." She searched his eyes and there was only sincerity there. Her brain was screaming at her 'GET IN THE FREAKING TUB, YOU DAFT WOMAN YOU'. Who was she to argue with her brain? She stepped in and he guided her down until her back was against his chest. She leaned her head back and drank in the smell of Bono. Well, tomato juice flavoured Bono but still, it was wonderful. He put his arms around her and sank down in the water a bit more as he relaxed. This, this was wonderful. A contented sigh escaped from his lips. For awhile, they simply sat there. Serena with her head against him, was listening to his heartbeat. It was so calming, she began to relax.

"Such a shy, shy girl." He whispered running his hands up and down her arms. She could feel certain defense walls start to fall. She didn't feel as tense anymore, she simply melded into him and enjoyed the moment for what it was.

"I've been driving the lads crazy, thinking about you."

She seemed surprised. "Oh?"

"Then I remembered I'd left the lyrics for the song here and it was the perfect excuse for me to come over."

"They're in the filing cabinet."

"I'll fetch them later. So, have you missed me?"

Serena chuckled as the water rippled around her. "How could I not?"

The air was heavy with want and hunger. Serena could feel the electricity in his touch again, in the way his breath felt on her forehead. Without warning, she stood up and pulled at the plug to let the tub drain. She needed to escape from his grasp for just a second before her mind completely melted.

"We should rinse off now" she said. She could hear Bono stand up in behind her. A shiver of goosebumps came over as the cool bathroom air hit her skin and she shuddered slightly. Bono, noticing this, moved closer and wrapped his arms around her. She noticed his heartbeat had quickened. What a coincidence. So had hers! She tried to act cool and calm as the last bit of tomato juice went down the drain. She turned the tap on once more and after testing the temperature several times with her finger, she pushed the shower button.

"Gah!" Bono jumped.

"Too hot?"

"GAH!" Bono repeated, stepping backwards.

"Oh, alright." she turned the cold water knob. "There, how's that?"

She felt him tugging at her arm, turning her around. He was staring at her, so intense. The water rushing down his face and chest.

"Perfect." He whispered, moving his face close to hers. Serena felt as though she'd lost the ability to breathe. She tried to speak, but nothing came out. His eyes were searching hers as the water flooded down around them. Time seemed to slow down once more as he cupped her face in his hands, drawing her closer to him before capturing her gently with his lips. Slow, measured and calculated he kissed her, but not so fast as to scare her away. She was so shy, so fragile. He'd have to be so careful. He could feel her trembling against him, her hand splayed on his chest.

"It's okay." he spoke gently. "It's alright honey, I won't hurt you."

She was like a timid wild animal. Her mind had turned to goo and her thoughts were muddled. She tried to stop shaking, but it didn't work. She looked up at him as he spoke, his hair slicked back from the water and the red hue from the tomato juice near disappeared from his skin. She ran her fingers through his chest hair as if trying to convince herself that he was really there, with her right then. She leaned her head in once more to hear his heart, oh it was beating just as fast as hers was, then she pulled back again. Her t-shirt was pretty well stuck to her now, not leaving much to Bono's imagination. In his head, he had a sly grin but on the outside he remained gentle and let her lead the pace.

"I can't" Serena stuttered. "I just can't hold back any longer."

She shocked him as she covered his mouth with hers and kissed him with a passion she didn't think existed inside her any longer. Bono moaned in response and readjusted his arms to hold her even tighter. He loved the feeling of her tongue timidly mingling with his own. Even with the shower above them, he felt like he was on fire only this time he wasn't dreaming. Serena couldn't help herself as she become acutely aware of all her senses. The texture of his tongue, the stubble on his chin, the way his hands felt on her back. She couldn't take it any longer, she needed him.

"We need to get out of this shower, now." she said suddenly.

"What.. why?"

"Because I can't see you properly with all the water in my eyes. How do I smell?"

Bono laughed and drew in a large breath.

"Tomatoey!"

"Good enough. Come on" she stepped out of the tub and dried herself off before throwing him the towel. After he'd done drying off, she held out her hand and beckoned him to follow her. He grasped it tightly as she led him into her bedroom.

--

Last edited:
:lmao: I never knew that about tomato juice.... I bet Bono would still look sexy, even covered in red!

:hmm: nice idea for a promotion for (Red)? Bono in a tub filled with tomato juice...

I know a few of you are hoping for an email version per the next chapter, but I hope you won't be too disappointed because I likely won't do a detailed version of what goes on beyond the bedroom door. I've only once ever before wrote a story like that and it's not really me. I don't feel particularly comfortable writing about it. Especially given the fact here that this is about a real person. (albeit an alternate universe version of said person)

So there will be likely another chapter or chapters.. but it will only be the clean version. I'm sure your ladies imaginations can pretty well sum up what happens next anyway :wink:

Sorry if I'm letting anyone down here.

Last edited:
RavenBlue

Don't feel that you have to apologise! This story is lovely the way it is and it don't have to move beyond what you are comfortable with. Don't apologise for the way you are. :)

Some of us like to read steamy stories, others like to write them. But we can use our imaginations when the words are not there :sexywink:

Keep it up... I am really loving this. Hope to read more of yours.

Carrie

:applaud: i'm liking this, RB! I'll never think of tomato juice/soup the same way again!

More will follow soon, I promise :wink: The next chapter has been slow going until tonight when I finally had a burst of inspiration. After womens hockey tonight I came out of the rink and could smell a skunk :giggle:

I thought, gee maybe I'll get more written on that story tonight :wink:

RavenBlue said:
I know a few of you are hoping for an email version per the next chapter, but I hope you won't be too disappointed because I likely won't do a detailed version of what goes on beyond the bedroom door. I've only once ever before wrote a story like that and it's not really me. I don't feel particularly comfortable writing about it. Especially given the fact here that this is about a real person. (albeit an alternate universe version of said person)

So there will be likely another chapter or chapters.. but it will only be the clean version. I'm sure your ladies imaginations can pretty well sum up what happens next anyway :wink:

Sorry if I'm letting anyone down here.

:wave: Hi Raven. I am so glad you said this. I feel exactly the same as you. I felt that maybe I was out on a limb because all these fine writers are able to do an 'unedited version' of their fiction whereas I don't feel right about it. I don't know why. It just doesn't sit right with me. And like you said when it's about a real person I'm not comfortable w/that either.

That said; I can write smut along with the best of them, it's just that I'd prefer to write it about someone ficticious. :scratch: Maybe I should give Bono a different name. :evil:

Anyway, that said, I like this story very much. It just struck a chord with me to have someone else who feels the same. I'm not judging anyone. No offence is intended in my comments. If anyone reads this who does write a smutty version of their fic then I wish you well. :flirt:

It might be just me, but I really don't mind you gals not writing smut... I'd rather be reading a good story, and a good story doesn't necessarily contain sex right?

:shrug: but then again, just my opinion...

:tsk: that said, YDW, shouldn't you be writing FF instead of reading? :waiting: it's been a lot of fridays!

Galeongirl said:
It might be just me, but I really don't mind you gals not writing smut... I'd rather be reading a good story, and a good story doesn't necessarily contain sex right?

:shrug: but then again, just my opinion...

:tsk: that said, YDW, shouldn't you be writing FF instead of reading? :waiting: it's been a lot of fridays!

Gg, I agree w/you. I prefer a good story line to loads of sex.

Regarding writing...been busy.... learning to play my naffing piano..:crazy:

Sorry, Raven, didn't mean to hi jack your thread..:reject:

Last edited:
youvedonewhat said:
:wave: Hi Raven. I am so glad you said this. I feel exactly the same as you. I felt that maybe I was out on a limb because all these fine writers are able to do an 'unedited version' of their fiction whereas I don't feel right about it. I don't know why. It just doesn't sit right with me. And like you said when it's about a real person I'm not comfortable w/that either.
I'm glad this has been said too! I feel pretty much exactly the same way. :yes:

Galeongirl said:
It's not just you :wink:. I have no objection to smut in a story, but to me, the story comes first. :up:

Back
Top Bottom