thoughts on the sunglasses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VertigoGal

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
alright, so...what will Bono do once they're on to a new album? will Bono ever take his sunglasses off again? will he get a new brand that are slightly less icky for the new era, or are we stuck with the wraparounds for all of eternity? :no:

what are your thoughts on this intruiging matter? :hmm:

:hmm: this is funny!! :lol:

Well I think he's gonna keep the shades, definitely: it's his style and he needs them for that sensitivity in his eyes, you know. I also believe that pattern of shade change every new album, and I'd like it that way cos it is fun!! Love evolution you know :wink:

Nevertheless, I love his current shades, much more betetr than elevation shades :shrug:

Now how new shades will be... lol that's hard to answer!! :D

ah yes the sensitivity in his eyes, how could i forget!

i liked the elevation glasses better personally, cos he had them off by the fourth song on the dvd! :wink: whereas he has them on basically the whole time for this one

anyway i'm hoping for a sunglass evolution by the next album :yes:

I would be happy if he never wore them again :love: But when he wears them, it makes it that much more special when he takes them off. In Elevation, the girls at the tip of the heart would scream when he took them off! I remember when he took them off in Baltimore, ahhh his eyes were so gorgeous, and right there so close I could see his pupils. Major swoon! :crack: :drool:

VertigoGal said:
^yeah it's a sad thing, because dark hair and blue eyes is very sexy indeed :tsk:

I LOVE the blue eyes with the black hair :flirt: Some people say it's too dark for his complexion but I disagree. The dark hair, blue eyes and pale skin give him an exquisite beauty of a porcelain doll :love:

bonoglassesslippingstare.jpg

Sexy glimpses over fly shades?
Nothing better.
:drool:

since he's just a sunglasses type of person in general, seems to me that he probably will keep that style for the next album.
:|
that man needs to take those shades off :angry:
if he doesn't take 'em off, he should at least wear see through shades or something less..
to cover up beautiful eyes like those :drool:..

:lol: you are so right, no glasses is better than any pair hehe... those pics... :drool:

*Sigh* I think he looks very cool in the glasses, and he does seem to need them for practical reasons but......

I'm a true sucker for the brightest blue eyes I've ever seen/Dark hair look too (Hugh Laurie, House M.D. anyone?). Bono's eyes, it's just a crime to cover them up!

I preffered the Elevation sunglasses too. The blue ones just made him look more youthful to me, and they were easier to see through. I especially liked the ones with the frames, like in the end of the American Stuck in a Moment video.

His eyes are so beautiful, and it's a bit vain to wear sunglasses all the time to protect your 'sensitive' eyes - I think maybe he's having a 'trying to recapture his youth' thing going on. Ie, midlife crisis.

Total U2 Nut said:
His eyes are so beautiful, and it's a bit vain to wear sunglasses all the time to protect your 'sensitive' eyes - I think maybe he's having a 'trying to recapture his youth' thing going on. Ie, midlife crisis.

I see it more as a security blanket type of thing.

I don't think his eyes are sensitive, at least they didn't used to be. He may have ruined their ability to adjust to light properly by wearing the damn things so much, one more reason to TAKE THEM OFF!

I think he wears the shades for OUR protection! I mean, if he takes them off, looks you straight in the eye, would you be able to breathe ever after? they are a lethal weapon!

Black hair/blue eyes is my absolute favourite combination!

Prime examples of this combo at work are Joaquin Phoenix and Aragorn (yes, Aragorn, though I am a sucker for Viggo) ...absolutely GORGEOUS. :combust:

Anyways, back to Bono...

^yes, aragorn, I prefer him to viggo, lol.

I say: loose the shades. but bono has said something like this:
"I used to find it hard to be around a lot of people. But then I put on these sunglasses and I found out that I could go anywhere"

*sofia* said:
I say: loose the shades. but bono has said something like this:
"I used to find it hard to be around a lot of people. But then I put on these sunglasses and I found out that I could go anywhere"

That's interesting. I've sometimes wondered if maybe part of the reason Bono wears sunglasses all the time is because being a celebrity can make you feel kind of exposed - everyone recognizes you wherever you go, they stare at you, etc. Maybe the shades somehow make him feel protected?

SimplyConfused said:
Well the sensitivty is an issue, which is ashame because he's got the most gorgeous pair o' weepers! A beautiful blue colour...

Personally, I don't mind what shades he wears, because he'll make them look cool, whatever.
My eyes are very sensative to light, so I have to wear dark shades. I was on a stage once with a light in my eyes and no shades. I couldn't see diddly squat. Bono's eyes are gorgeous, but if it hurts his eyes to not wear them, I say, wear them, Bono!

Bono's shades said:

That's interesting. I've sometimes wondered if maybe part of the reason Bono wears sunglasses all the time is because being a celebrity can make you feel kind of exposed - everyone recognizes you wherever you go, they stare at you, etc. Maybe the shades somehow make him feel protected?
Thing is, he wears them so much, that everyone would recognize him with them! I've been a Roy Orbison fan since 1977, and I always said that no one would recognize Roy if he went out ion public WITHOUT his shades! :lol:

MysteryGirl said:
My eyes are very sensative to light, so I have to wear dark shades. I was on a stage once with a light in my eyes and no shades. I couldn't see diddly squat. Bono's eyes are gorgeous, but if it hurts his eyes to not wear them, I say, wear them, Bono!

Mine too. Too much bright sun without shades when I was growing up. I'm also blind as a bat!

Back
Top Bottom