Thought you were crazy waiting for hours in line? Your not!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissZooropa

Refugee
Oki, I know many of you, including meself have been waiting in line for hours and hours, even sleeping overnight, just to see our guys. I have asked myself many times why and that I'm nuts, not to talk about all the comments from friends, not into U2.

I've found people that are even crazier!

In Sweden during the summermonths we have this weekly program that is sent live from an outdoor place in Stockholm. It's a program with music and artists, until this summer it has only been swedish artists and maybe a few from our neighbours, Norway. It's one man hosting the program and has done this since eight years and the show is built on communitysong, the people coming there are a part of the program, they sing traditional swedish songs, old and new mixed with performers from swedish artist in all music categories.
And this show is HUGE!! Every week there are about 5-8000 people coming there, children, teenagers, young people, parents, grandparents, all categories to sing together and see artists. And now to the crazy stuff.
There are people that show up at the venue EVERY SINGLE WEEK when the doors open at 7am or 8 and wait all day. Mainly it's women in there 50's. And it's not like it's some special artist or anything they want to see, except for maybe the host.

And this summer for the first time it was a foreign artist performing and it was Ricky Martin and he performed two songs I believe, and people had been sleeping over, in the rain to see him. Ok, it was kind of cool because he went out in the audience around in the benches, no barricades, and sang half a metre away from girls staring into their eyes. And Bono has a serious competitor when it comes to gyrical moves here.....
biggrin.gif

But, I don't feel like a maniac anymore for waiting the whole day in line to see U2 when people can do the same to see.... nothing, really... And do it every week. I would never do it ,specially not when you can see it much better from the sofa at home on TV at the same time.

So girls, we're pretty normal!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Suddenly I don't feel so hardcore.
tongue.gif

Actually, with a Nickelback concert coming up, I'm contemplating how early I wanna like up as well (GA floor) due to a few factors, one of them being my short stature and second being the shutterbug that I am.

------------------
"Many that live deserve death. And many that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?" ~ Gandalf

SlipStream Soul

Yeah....I escaped the GA line by almost being late for the concert. Oh well.
Therefore I have had GA tickets but not the waiting in line. Mind you , Bono didn't sweat on me that much. I tried to catch a few drops with my t shirt but I really don't think I got anything. Sigh.
LOL. It was a bad day for "Bono sweat Fishing".
-Bluey

We probably are all mad for queueing all day (and night) for GA but everyone knows it's worth it. I will do it all again one day (I hope)
icon36.gif

I would have loved to have sat all night and day outside to be the first one in the GA line...unfortunately, the person I was to attend the concert with didn't get over to Miami to pick me up until 5:00pm so GA line was out of the question...though I was like 15 feet from the stage...I REALLY wanted to be in the heart or on the rail. You all are lucky...

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

i heard on the news that people where lining up tonight to watch the rose bowl parade tommorow. a parade!? it's floats made of roses. now THAT is crazy.

------------------
Does love light up your Christmas tree?

Happy Holidays!

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

...if God will send his angels...

*sigh* I guess I HAVE to stick up for the Rose Bowl this year....my school is there. *half-heartedly*

Yay. School spirit. Go Canes.

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Back
Top Bottom