Thought y'all might... (big graphics!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rivergoat

War Child
want a look at what I've been doing... I'm mailing my sister 5 CDs that I put together of U2 stuff (mostly music, some video and whatnot). I decided that I was going to make some covers for them as well, so naturally, I went overboard. After banging my head around for a while, I decided to just keep it simple and make them with two-tone pictures. So I took a bunch of pictures and played with them a bit, and I now have four of the five covers done.

Some of them are more detailed than others, because I went in many different directions at once (as always). I couldn't use everything I had created, so rather than letting them go to waste, I figured I'd share them with y'all... maybe they'd make a decent base for wallpaper (they're not the right dimensions right now though), or just be amusing for a little while, or whatever. So here's a bunch of them:

Bono1.jpg

Edge1.jpg

HTDAAB1.jpg

(and yes, green is my favorite color!)

goat

All Adam

These first two are the same - just different colors:
AdamPopGreen.jpg

AdamPopPurple.jpg

Adamearly.jpg

(Some look better in light-on-dark, some look better in dark-on-light - I just used my editor's Invert function, and green became purple!)

goat

Now Larry

Larry2.jpg
LarryJT.jpg

Larry3.jpg

I can't decide if I like the mouth on this one or not.. I may have to edit it some more...

Larryearly.jpg

LarryiPod.jpg

I don't really like this one

beli said:
How do you make these images? I like the green Adam Poptart one the best. :up:

Yeah, that's my favorite one too - ought to be, took me over an hour. I use Micrographix Picture Publisher (which is a royal pain in the tail most of the time, but I can usually whip it into shape).

Some of these pictures were very easy - convert to greyscale, max out the contrast, convert back to RGB, add color (smartfill). I did this one that way:

Early1.jpg

But for most of them, if I did that, the features would get twisted like this:
Pop.jpg

Notice Bono's hand and Adam's glasses? I have to redo this one (I like the picture!) but I don't know if I am going to get around to it...

Some of them skipped the greyscale step and had to go an manually fill in a lot of tiny areas. This is the first one I did that way:

JTsqueezed.jpg

Y'all are welcome! I noticed though that some of these are looking a bit fuzzy or pixelated - if you want me to fix it, let me know. I'll see what I can do. I still have one disc to make a cover for, and I don't know what I am going to put on it, so I'm offering to do a request or two if y'all like - I prefer pictures at least 12.5cm wide and 12cm high }: )~

Hey, anyone got a good pic of Larry standing at the drums on the b stage? It's hard doing him live because of all the daggum drums in the way. With just two colors, he tends to get lost in those pictures. Anything else would be cool - and I don't have to do the same colors, you know (neat little command called color mapping makes it all very easy!)

goat

miss becky said:
Will this work, goat?

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this, I've been very busy and I spent a good deal of time trying to work with this pic, but it's just not working. I don't think screen caps are good for me, they are just not sharp enough. I think I am going to make do with what I have - Larry will just have to be left out! But thanks for trying anyways!

goat

I finally found something I could use and here is the result:
LarryX.jpg

I felt bad because I had not put him at all on two of the covers, so he got the inside of the last one all to himself. Now I am done with the covers, just have to finish getting all the audio in the same volume.

goat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom