Thought for the day.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I think it is true, sometimes life does suck. But I'm going through my most difficult time in life right now, and from all this pain and sorrow, I've seen love pour out onto me from even the most unexpected places. I've also learned that life is short, and truly worth living to the fullest. Once I get through this trauma, a lot of things that bothered me before won't bother me anymore. Life can suck sometimes, but overall, I'd say life is beautiful and also full of surprises.

Alisaura said:
:hug: Vent if you need too, we're here :yes:

Ok, I hafta have some tests done at the hospital. You know wot it's like; you always imagine the worst. Right now I'm up and then down, worried then not. I've always got through any emotional turmoil by writing so you might just find I'm spilling my guts talking crap for a while... and maybe letting off a little steam...:rant:

....I so hate hospitals.. I've always considered them places to die, probably cos I lost someone very close to me when I was 17... he should never have passed away but there it is....:(

:hug: All the best with the tests - I hate hospitals too, actually, I'm pretty sure only a select few people actually like them.... But yeah, good luck :up: Hope you're feeling a bit better :)

Oh YDW :hug: thinking of you. More often the thought is worse than the actual event, and I'll keep everything crossed that this is the case for you. We're all here for you anytime you need us, and the beauty of this being an international forum is that there is ALWAYS someone online!

Oh, spill your guts all you like :wink:

Thank you... I'm up and down at the moment. Terrified (I'm a wimp), then not...ack..... I just have to reach that place where I can put away my fears and get on with it.

I've done it before when I was pregnant with my youngest son.... I knew he was gonna be a big baby...but not THAT big..geez...9 pound 6 and here I am a tad under 5 foot....I knew he had to be born so I just put it out of my head...oh well, it made the doctors and nurses titter. (And my eyes bulge, hee hee) I was quite a celebrity...:lol:

WOW!!! That's impressive!!! I thought I did well having a 10lb baby and I'm 5'10"!!! But you win :bow: Where did you store him???

Do you have Bach's Rescue Remedy over there?? It's great stuff for settling your nerves, and it's natural....

http://www.rescueremedy.com/

Last edited:
gluey said:
WOW!!! That's impressive!!! I thought I did well having a 10lb baby and I'm 5'10"!!! But you win :bow: Where did you store him???

Do you have Bach's Rescue Remedy over there?? It's great stuff for settling your nerves, and it's natural....

For the last 3 months of my pregnancy I had to lie flat cos I couldn't escape him..:lol: And I didn't see so much of a foot or hand prodding me but I could see a whole arm or leg when he moved. :lol:

And not sure about Bach's Rescue Remedy. We might have it. I'll have to ask. They sound like a good idea...thanks.

I used to catch my daughters foot when she stuck it out....literally catch the whole damn thing in my fingers, then tickle it through my tummy - she's still incredibly ticklish to this day - at 5yrs old!
You're a legend!! I keep picturing your tummy as something from 'Alien' etc where it explodes and the baby literally walks out!!!

gluey said:
I used to catch my daughters foot when she stuck it out....literally catch the whole damn thing in my fingers, then tickle it through my tummy - she's still incredibly ticklish to this day - at 5yrs old!
You're a legend!! I keep picturing your tummy as something from 'Alien' etc where it explodes and the baby literally walks out!!!

Yes, I was a size. It was all baby, they said, no water, just baby... I was like a blimp! All stomach and short legs..:lol: Luckily for him he's only inherited my sense of humour and not my height! :lol:

YDW, have you had the tests yet? Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you, and hoping that there will be no bad results... :hug:

And about the Bach's Rescue Remedy - it truly helps, you should look into it :yes:

JanuaryStar said:
YDW, have you had the tests yet? Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you, and hoping that there will be no bad results... :hug:

And about the Bach's Rescue Remedy - it truly helps, you should look into it :yes:

:hug: Thank you JS. I' feeling a little more positve today but I'll probably sink back into panic mode tomorrow...:huh: It's just me. Mind you, by this time next week I'll be totally winding myself up. I so wish I had mor self control...ack...

And I'll defo look into the Bach's Rescue Remedy. It sounds perfect.

MsPurrl said:
I know what you mean about hospitals, doctors, etc. I hope that everything turns out for the better. Every day is a gift and a miracle! :hug:

Thanks MsP. I'm trying not to think about it but of course, it's always there at the back of my mind...ack... It's not so much the tests as the results I'm dreading. I know it's a process of elimination that they're doing but it's still scary....:( I'm grateful that I've got a gift of dead pan humour. I think I inherited it from my mother whose been described as having a graveyard humour. Sometimes it helps. ;)

:hug: How are you doing today? It's got to be a great sign about B's bday! His Lordship Demi-God would never let anything happen to our favourite fanfic writer on his birthday!!!! :wink:
Have you found some rescue remedy yet?

gluey said:
:hug: How are you doing today? It's got to be a great sign about B's bday! His Lordship Demi-God would never let anything happen to our favourite fanfic writer on his birthday!!!! :wink:
Have you found some rescue remedy yet?

No, I haven't found the rescue remedy yet as I've been working extra shifts this week....:angry: AND Iv'e got another extra shift today....:madspit: as someone is on holiday and mostly everyone is going away for the w/e seeing that it's Bank Holiday in the Uk so with the extra day off most of the staff have buggered off:madspit: and I very stupidly said I'd work as I wasn't going anywhere....ack...(I coulda stayed home and written some more - I really must get a life....).

I'm feeling ok today so far. Trying to look positve and stay out of that dark hole I fell into last week. Writing helps. I've written another coupla pages of Diaries..and damn, when I'm in a bad mood 'father ' comes across as such a mean pig...:lol:

And I forgot that it is Bono' b/day on the same day as my test... I Knew it was someones b/day but forgot who's......

youvedonewhat said:

And I forgot that it is Bono' b/day on the same day as my test... I Knew it was someones b/day but forgot who's......

:ohmy:

:wink: Look after yourself, or I'll come and make you!! :madwife:

:giggle:

Can't wait to read more......oooh....bad father.....sounds engrossing!

Thanks Ali. I'm not too bad atm...it's the w/e so I'm chillin'. I'm determined not to ruin the w/e as here in the Uk it's a bank holiday w/e...extra day off work...lie in :drool: chill out :drool: do what you want time :drool:

So, yeah, I'm putting any thoughts of invasive tests :yikes: out of my mind until next week...and then, seeing as it's the B's birthday when I've got to go, I shall spend the entire time thinking about what he's been given for his special day...:evil:

Back
Top Bottom