This Makes Me Mad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Liv Tyler is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen, whether she's thin or "not as thin".

I wonder how many MEN in Hollywood are told the same thing :hmm:

:up: to Liv for her attitude

http://www.imdb.com/PeopleNews/#1

Tyler Told To Lose Weight

Buxom screen star Liv Tyler is risking her Hollywood career - by refusing to lose weight. The 26-year-old has been told by movie bosses she risks missing out on top film roles unless she reduces the size of her shapely figure. But Liv - who trimmed to a svelte 57 kilograms for her part as heroine Arwen in the Lord Of The Rings trilogy, before piling 13 kilograms back on after shooting wrapped - insists she is happy with her weight and doesn't want to diet. She says, "I've been told that if I lose weight I'd have more work, but I refuse to submit myself to Hollywood standards. To the rest of the world I am slim and I like the way I am."

I think she's following the example of her sister, the plus size model whose name escapes me right now. That's very cool! Liv is very beautiful, and also a very sweet lady from what I have seen/heard about her. :cute:

Her sister's name is Mia..I looked for a recent pic of Liv, but I couldn't find one.

If Liv needs to lose weight, then I need lipo and a stomach stapling :madspit: I think Mia is very pretty too.

338%3C252323232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2326%3D86%3B%3D52%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232346%3B729756ot1lsi

Last edited:
The Surgeon General should declare Hollywood a hazard to public health. Seriously. Do these people know how much pain they're inflicting on girls and women?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

WTF!!!!!

I get so frustrated when reading this because once again
hollywood sends out the message that women has to be superthin and that they have to have big boobs.............

Liv is drop dead gorgeous (which also happens to be a song title on her father's bands most recent album) and to say that she needs to loose weight is like saying that her father needs to do more drugs because that's when he did their best work.....

Ridiculous!!!!

I like women which has a little something to hold on to but the most important thing is that she is herself at all times and that she is proud of herself.......

Women are Gods greatest creation no matter the size, shape, age, or colour so I hope that sometime the movie moguls of hollywood gets to discover inner beauty........

So girls remember the words from THE MAN: Don't let the bastards grind you down!!!

:hug: :heart:

Last edited:
If only it could be like that Lemonboy :sigh:

But thank you for saying that :heart:

OK, here's a pic of Liv from a couple of weeks ago-geez, how could she let herself go like that

2697188.jpg

verte76 said:
The Surgeon General should declare Hollywood a hazard to public health.

OMG this is so true! I love the way you phrased this! :up: :up:

Do they realize 8, 9 year olds are DIETING now??? :tsk:

Good for Liz! I can't believe (although, I can) that she is being harassed about her weight! that is mind boggling and infuriating! But I am so glad she is not only submitting, but she is speaking out about it! Fight the system. I don't mind seeing actresses who look like her :flirt: I think Renee in Chicago looked disgusting :yikes:

This does suck, but men feel the same pressure. When Ben Affleck was starting out, back when he was doing movies like "School Ties" and "Dazed and Confused," he was considered "heavy" and studio types thought Kevin Smith was taking a big chance casting him as the lead in "Chasing Amy" because, in their eyes, he was too big to be a leading man. Now I think he's bordering on too thin.

It is ridiculous. Renee Zellweger looks like walking death and I think is a pretty big reaction to her being labeled as slight overweight when she first came out. I'd much rather see actressed like Catherine Zeta-Jones or Charlize Theron, or even Hillary Duff, who aren't stick figures and look like real people, not all ropy and tired.

That's a good point you made about Ben dsmith

But I still don't think men in Hollywood face nearly the same pressure, and there's also the AGE issue as well. Women over 30 in Hollywood are considered "too old" (I guess that's true in the real world as well :sigh: ), and get numerous cosmetic procedures to be younger looking. Yet look at all the older men-Redford, DeNiro, Pacino, Nicholson, etc, who are still getting good roles.

Lemonboy said:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

WTF!!!!!

I get so frustrated when reading this because once again
hollywood sends out the message that women has to be superthin and that they have to have big boobs.............

Liv is drop dead gorgeous (which also happens to be a song title on her father's bands most recent album) and to say that she needs to loose weight is like saying that her father needs to do more drugs because that's when he did their best work.....

Ridiculous!!!!

I like women which has a little something to hold on to but the most important thing is that she is herself at all times and that she is proud of herself.......

Women are Gods greatest creation no matter the size, shape, age, or colour so I hope that sometime the movie moguls of hollywood gets to discover inner beauty........

So girls remember the words from THE MAN: Don't let the bastards grind you down!!!

:hug: :heart:

:hug: Lemonboy :hug: Why can't all guys think like you?

BTW, Liv looks gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom