This is fun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
biff said:
It serves me right for looking it up. I got The Ballad of Davey Crocket!!:mad: Yipes. The weird thing is, even though that was number one when I was born, I actually know how that song goes. I can even sing it! How is that possible?? Did I somehow absord it while in the womb?

Wasn't there a Davy Crocket show at some point? I was born in 1982 and I sort-of remember my brother watching it. Of course, the Ballad of Davy Crocket was on the opening credit, so maybe that's where it came from. "Davy, Davy Crocket. King of the wild frontier". I think the bigger question is how this song actually got to number one anywhere in the world.

U2Kitten said:
U2aremyfriends, don't bother to do Jakob, he's got the same things I've got, we were born the same week :wink:

I've heard of both your songs, real 80's classics :yes: especially "Too Shy" boy, what a video, their hair almost rivaled Flock of Seagulls! Some of you are making me feel very old :huh:

Who is Jacob?? Inside joke??

Didn't the singer from Kajagoogoo have a mullet like Bono?

BTW, Kitten don't feel old!! You're not the oldest yet, besides we have all the more memories. I guess:p
We don't have alzheimers yet,do we??;)

TheBrazilianFly said:
Great game.

In America it was Like A Virgen by Madonna and in the U.K. it was Do They Know It's Christmas? by
Band Aid!!

:applaud:

I remember being pregnant with my first at that time.
And I just couldn't get 'Like a virgin' out of my head. I kept on singing it and my husband kept saying 'yeah yeah right':lmao:

greety said:

Who is Jacob?? Inside joke??

Jakob Dylan. Bob's son, that's him in her avatar. I know she's a big Wallflowers fan and she might try his birthday;)

Didn't the singer from Kajagoogoo have a mullet like Bono?

Not a mullet, it was a kind of wild shaped bleached hairdo, closer to Flock of Seagulls but not that bad! I never really considered Bono's hair a 'mullet' except in late 884-85 and the UF video, the rest were just cute shags. :cute: Mullet was hot too :up:

BTW, Kitten don't feel old!! You're not the oldest yet, besides we have all the more memories. I guess:p
We don't have alzheimers yet,do we??;)

Oh well, I though he (Kajagoogoo) had dark brown or black hair. Maybe alzheimers is setting in after all!! It is according to my hubbie:wink:
That was a long time ago and they only had 1 hit I think, so not really important.

BTW is this time table correct? Is it 6.55 in the morning with you??

greety said:
Oh well, I though he (Kajagoogoo) had dark brown or black hair. Maybe alzheimers is setting in after all!! It is according to my hubbie:wink:
That was a long time ago and they only had 1 hit I think, so not really important.

BTW is this time table correct? Is it 6.55 in the morning with you??

Yes it's that early :yawn: My cats wake me up as soon as the sun comes up. But I have to get up because of the kids anyway. I try to check in on this place if I can!

You know come to think of it I would not swear to what color his hair was. Maybe it was another guy in the band. They all had wild hair. It's been a long time. I don't think it's alzheimers (my kids call it 'old timers' disease, it sounds like that!) but there were so many videos and that was not one that was played much later on like many of the others were so I didn't see it much. Maybe I didn't remember it exactly, but I know they were on stage and people were dancing, maybe a WW2 era theme? But I can still hear the song in my head- "you're too shy to shy, hush hush, eye to eye" :lol: or that's what it sounds like :huh:

Also somebody mentioned a Davey Crockett TV show? I know there was one with that song in the 50's (before my time) maybe it was rerun in the 80's? :scratch: But I never saw it.

Well goooood moooorning to you!! It's lunchtime over here,actually it's 1Pm.

I only know this 'too shy' song from that band,no others. Don't even know if they were american or british.

Old timers disease = good one:)

So go and take good care of your little ones (kids & cats ;) ) and give them a :hug: for me

I think they were British, they seem like a Brit band from that time. I heard Robbie Williams say that their singer bought him his first car! :lol:

U2Kitten said:
"you're too shy to shy, hush hush, eye to eye" :lol: or that's what it sounds like :huh:

Yeah - fantastic song! :lol: They just knew how to make music and write lyrics in the 80's! :wink:

... wanted to do Freddie's birthday :D , but since he was born in '46 I had to do his "life's theme" (birthday +18 years), so... The no. 1 on 5th September 1964 was:

U.K.: 'Have I The Right' by The Honeycombs

U.S.: 'House of the Rising Sun' by The Animals

... and the day he died :sigh: - 24th November 1991:

U.K.: 'Black Or White' by Michael Jackson

U.S.: 'When A Man Loves a Woman' by Michael Bolton.

Somehow those two songs fits that day - in the perspective of Freddies life, death and all... kinda scarry... :huh:

....Edited for typo... :shrug:

Last edited:
Hm, on my birthday it was

American charts was Say You, Say Me by Lionel Richie

British charts West End Girls by The Pet Shop Boys

Nothing real great :sad:;)

oh and I don't know if you saw this but it also says that:

11th May, 1996, Bill Graham the Irish journalist credited with discovering U2 died of a heart attack aged 44. :|

FallingStar said:
Hm, on my birthday it was

American charts was Say You, Say Me by Lionel Richie

British charts West End Girls by The Pet Shop Boys

Nothing real great :sad:;)

Meh, I like the "West End Girls" song. But that "Say You, Say Me" song sucks. *Is not a Lionel Richie fan*

Also, in regards to Kajagoogoo...they showed the "Too Shy" video on VH1 Classic a while back...the band's on this stage and there's people dancing on the floor below, from what I remember of it.

And as for the mention of "Like A Virgin"...gah, I still can't hear that song without picturing that Keith kid from the "American Idol" season 2 auditions! :mad:.

Angela

U2Kitten said:
U2aremyfriends, don't bother to do Jakob, he's got the same things I've got, we were born the same week :wink:

That was a great week then! :yes:

U2Kitten said:
I've heard of both your songs, real 80's classics :yes: especially "Too Shy" boy, what a video, their hair almost rivaled Flock of Seagulls! Some of you are making me feel very old :huh:

Don't worry, I wish I was older, because I was too young when Achtung Baby came out... :slant:

I got "Little Sister" by Elvis Presley UK and "Big Bad John" by Jimmy Dean on the US charts. My husband is 5 days younger than Edge and he got the same songs. My son got "True Colors" by Cyndi Lauper and my daughter got "Right Here Waiting for You" by Richard Marx.

Back
Top Bottom