This is cool...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonlit_Angel

Blue Crack Addict
In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de
Don't know if this'll be moved, since it kinda has to do with U2 (well, Bono specifically), but still...

You know that "25 Most Intriguing People" list that People magazine had recently?

Well, I e-mailed the editor a letter recently about how I couldn't believe they didn't include Bono for his trip to Africa with Paul O'Neill last May and all that, but they put people like Julia Roberts in because she "wed the man of her dreams".

And I got a call earlier this evening from the editor-my letter's gonna be in the issue for the week of January 27th.

And I've never had this sort of thing happen before, so...um...yeah, this is neat.

Anything like this occur with any of you, be it with this magazine or with other ones?

Angela

:happy: That's awesome! I actually wrote them complaining about that too! It must have been that enough of us did so they decided to print yours. Way to go!!!

I'll have to be sure to pick up a copy! That's so cool!

OMG, I know somebody famous...can I touch you???????? :D

Wow, that's great! I read People every week, so I'll look for your letter.

I couldn't understand why he wasn't in it either :scratch:

He should have been in their silly "sexiest man alive" too - and Bruce! :sexywink:

Good job! I usually write People when they do print something on Bono or U2 to thank them, but never had one published. I'll keep an eye out for it :yes:

Way to go! I'm super proud of you. I don't usually buy People but I will be sure to pick up that copy. Thanks for speaking for all of us.

Way to go Angela! :happy: I'm gonna be sure I read it.

I've had my letters to the editor printed in a few local newspapers before, but never a magazine like that! Very cool. :cool:

Here It Is...

"Let me get this straight: You do not include Bono, who took a trip to Africa to see what could be done to help the people there, but you do include Julia Roberts because she wed the man of her dreams. How does that make her more intriguing than a person trying to make a difference in the world?"

:up:

Back
Top Bottom