This Explains Everything

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the link doesn?t work. Do you mind posting it again?

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Several tracks on ''All That You Can't Leave Behind,'' U2's multi-platinum comeback album of 2000, contain small whispers of words. The first single from the album "Beautiful Day" which went to
#1 in the United States and United Kingdom, repeats the words "Pop was a great album" through the chorus of the song. ''Buy our stuff now'' is embedded in the guitar solo of another track, "Elevation." A third track "Wild Honey" includes the words "You need U2 concert tickets."

icon37.gif

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

ROFL
biggrin.gif
!

Hey has anyone seen Josie and the Pussycats?

Label Denies Knowledge of Messages; Band may have to return Grammy Awards

EDGE: *cry*

aw! LOL

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"I?m old enough to feel the way I do and I know that you are true" ~Pete Yorn

"Rock n Roll never tasted so good" ~Bono
Get on the Boos
"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ? Echo

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's hiLARRYous!!! Does the album also include messages such as

*defile me*
*worship my sleeves*
*covet my man groove*
*check out my moob*??

Cause then it would REALLY explain everything.
wink.gif

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's hiLARRYous!!! Does the album also include messages such as

*defile me*
*worship my sleeves*
*covet my man groove*
*check out my moob*??

wink.gif

ROFL! *DivaBono secret recordings*.....

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!! Thanks for posting!!
smile.gif

------------------
Woah, woah...
She's the refugee.
I see your face
I see you staring back at me

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:

*defile me*
*worship my sleeves*
*covet my man groove*
*check out my moob*??

wink.gif

I think so, and don't forget
*You want PANTS*
*Eat at McClayton's*
*Stare for hours at my open mouth*

------------------

daisy.gif

*wink*

Daisy

I'm wide awake.....I'm not sleeping

LOL *Eat at McClayton's*!!!

*make paper doll games about us*

*I am a Diva*

*TAKE IT*

*wear camo hats and goggles*

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"I?m old enough to feel the way I do and I know that you are true" ~Pete Yorn

"Rock n Roll never tasted so good" ~Bono
Get on the Boos
"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ? Echo

Here's another April Fools Article

why waste space with a new thread
http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=2120

CHESTNUT HILL - Despite students' shock and dismay, the Dave Matthews Band and U2 will play Alumni Stadium next month. Each group will play a four-hour set, and sources say the two bands "may jam together at some point."

Students reacted to the news with disappointed words and protests.

"I don't know why UGBC thinks the Boston College crowd likes these bands," said Jay Kinsella, A&S '04. "They really should have gone for acts that are more popular."

Chris Roemer, A&S '03, agreed. "I don't know what makes people think they're popular now. I mean, sure, U2 was nominated for Album of the Year, but so was Styx in 1965 and man, do they suck."

Other students wished to see different bands in smaller places. "All I asked for was Mogwai in the Rat," said Chris Fagiani, A&S '02. "And I have to deal with this?"

Alternative suggestions included Flock of Seagulls in Vanderslice 403, EMD in Starbucks, and Pantera in Mod 20A. "Dude, Pantera Rocks," said Drew Kent, A&S '03. "F*** U2. F*** Dave Matthews."

U2's songwriting abilities were brought into question as well. "Bono has definitely lost that songwriting edge he had when he wrote songs like 'Discotheque' and 'Mofo'," said Nick Scott, A&S '03. "It's not like 'Walk On' or 'Beautiful Day' are relevant songs right now."

Bono defended the UGBC's decision with a statement released yesterday. "U2 knows that wherever we play, we cause controversy. But we just wanted to say we're sorry we opened the last tour at a certain other Catholic university out in South Bend." He added that the group seems to be stuck in a moment they can't get out of.

In a furious public statement, University President Rev. William Leahy, SJ, said he wanted none of this.

"That's Bulls***. They think they can play here after they betrayed us and played over at Notre Dame? You know, they're only going to sell about five tickets for this stupid show. There'll be more people onstage than in the audience! If I have anything to do with it, it ain't going to be a beautiful day over there when they play. And don't even get me started on the Dave Matthews Band. No-talent hippies."

In a related incident, the BCPD is investigating an incident that occurred yesterday in which a sign that read "DMB Sucks" was hung over the Dustbowl. The Office of Student Development (ODSD) approved the sign because they agreed with it according to Dean for Student Development Robert Sherwood.

"Yeah, Dave blows," said Sherwood. "If I were a student here, I certainly wouldn't pay the ridiculous price they're asking to see two crappy bands."

Tickets are $5.

? BC Heights, 2002

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

[This message has been edited by daisybean (edited 04-01-2002).]

LMFAO @ whole thread especially Check out my moob. BWAHAHAHA *spits coffee all over moniter*

Paul: Yeth

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

Originally posted by Kristie:
Paul: Yeth

LMAO!!!!! I wanna see Bono and the boys dressed up as Dujour.....

BONO: *wears Target logo*

o the irony.

That MUST be why I lurve POP so much!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Just tell 'em what they wanna hear & nobody will complain."

Back
Top Bottom